Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
Ungraded I value it at 1k...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-TCG-PROMO-E-SAMPLE-STAMPED-10-CARD-SET-RARE-/310632301199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485320c28f

Grading them a PSA 10 will roughly triple the value of them in my opinion so SoulWind's estimate seems accurate to me...somewhere in the ballpark of 2.5k-3k

I personally don't find them that interesting seeing how as SoulWind previously stated, the artwork isn't new and the price tag is too high...it's basically an error card and I'm not really into those for the most part.

If I had a choice between that set or a PSA 10 Kamex Computer Error for 2.5k-3k then it wouldn't even be a contest haha :p

Bobmcdoogal said:
Is this a good trade?

My

Catcher EPO NON RH

His

FA White Kyurem EX BCR
RH Crushing Hammer
Ghetsis Holo
RH Plasma Energy

Off the top of my head...

Catcher ~13$

FA WK EX BCR ~8$
RH Crushing Hammer ~ 1$?
Ghetsis Holo - 4-5$
RH Plasma Energy - 1$+

I'd say it's a fair trade if you are collecting and you are getting mint cards. If you are playing competitively I'd hang on to the catcher because it has more trading power if you still need some meta cards.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
I definitely want to own a Sample set eventually, but that's mainly because I am trying to get a copy of every English card. The artwork doesn't interest me. The story is cool though, but not $1k cool haha. I guess I'll have to pay up eventually though. Good thing I don't care for PSA grades in my collection :D

Reggie McGigas

-
Bobmcdoogal said:
Is this a good trade?

My

Catcher EPO NON RH

His

FA White Kyurem EX BCR
RH Crushing Hammer
Ghetsis Holo
RH Plasma Energy

Wow, he actually traded away a FA and some other stuff for an uncommon? You got a great deal!

I want to know if this was a good trade

My

Rayquazza EX (Dragons Exhalted)
Moltres EX (Plasma Storm) (I had 2 of them)

His

Latios EX (Plasma Freeze)
Dialga G Lv.X
Volcarana (Dark Explorers)

I'm not looking for playability here, I just want to know if it was a good trade collectability wise.

FreePandas

Mother Father Pandaman
Reggie McGigas said:
Bobmcdoogal said:
Is this a good trade?

My

Catcher EPO NON RH

His

FA White Kyurem EX BCR
RH Crushing Hammer
Ghetsis Holo
RH Plasma Energy

Wow, he actually traded away a FA and some other stuff for an uncommon? You got a great deal!

I want to know if this was a good trade

My

Rayquazza EX (Dragons Exhalted)
Moltres EX (Plasma Storm) (I had 2 of them)

His

Latios EX (Plasma Freeze)
Dialga G Lv.X
Volcarana (Dark Explorers)

I'm not looking for playability here, I just want to know if it was a good trade collectability wise.

Of those, the Rayquaza EX is by far the most tradeable card. Latios and Moltres EX both aren't worth that much, Volcarona's just a random rare, and I couldn't tell you much about Lv. Xs. Overall? I wouldn't do the trade unless you really want those cards.

MrSquarepants said:
Daelum said:
Searched as in weighed? Or physically opened and looked at?

Yea they were weighed.

There was a seller on reddit who sold "bad" packs for $1.50 and "good" packs for $8.00. I think they sold pretty quickly (especially the bad packs) - but it would really depend on the set. Weighed packs from a set with good commons/uncommons (Catcher, HTL, Virbank, etc.) shouldn't really have any problem selling.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
MrSquarepants said:
elam18 said:
Those packs are very rare, and have Crystal Pokemon in them. Are you selling them on ebay or here?

Neither yet. Applied for seller status but not sure if I get it.

You got it. I will add you later today.

bagoly14

Can anyone estimate the value of a sealed Daisuki Darkrai/Cresselia/Psychic Energy/Darkness Energy folder? I've never seen one sell before...

bagoly14

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why this is happening?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-e-Series-Crobat-Crystal-Type-Japanese-NM-Unused-/290929351078?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item43bcbd99a6

FreePandas

Mother Father Pandaman
Can anyone help me out with values of some older cards? Ebay's not being too cooperative.

1st ed. Shining Magikarp (Neo Revelations)
Shining Raichu (Neo Destiny)
RH Celebi (Skyridge)
RH Crobat (Skyridge)
RH Golem (Skyridge)
RH Kabutops (Skyridge)
RH Ho-Oh (Skyridge)
Gyarados* (EX Holon Phantoms)

Emma Watson

<3 Emma Watson <3
FreePandas said:
Can anyone help me out with values of some older cards? Ebay's not being too cooperative.

1st ed. Shining Magikarp (Neo Revelations) 25
Shining Raichu (Neo Destiny) 20
RH Celebi (Skyridge) 28
RH Crobat (Skyridge) 22
RH Golem (Skyridge) 16
RH Kabutops (Skyridge) 16
RH Ho-Oh (Skyridge) 24
Gyarados* (EX Holon Phantoms) 44

Put in prices

bagoly14

bagoly14 said:
Can anyone estimate the value of a sealed Daisuki Darkrai/Cresselia/Psychic Energy/Darkness Energy folder? I've never seen one sell before...

Anyone?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
bagoly14 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-e-Series-Crobat-Crystal-Type-Japanese-NM-Unused-/290929351078?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item43bcbd99a6

Uhhhh the guy with only 2 feedback is suspicious. The sucker who outbid him shouldn't have bid more than 400$. I guess since the card hasn't been listed in so long, he went trigger happy.

It's not even 1st edition. But it is gorgeous.

bagoly14

MrSquarepants said:
bagoly14 said:

Uhhhh the guy with only 2 feedback is suspicious. The sucker who outbid him shouldn't have bid more than 400$. I guess since the card hasn't been listed in so long, he went trigger happy.

It's not even 1st edition. But it is gorgeous.

That card is no way worth 400$. That's crazyyyyyyy. It went for 100$ in 1st Edition mint condition yesterday on Y!J. I agree though that the Crobat is not seen often.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
Japanese 1st Edition Latias Gold Star in NM/Mint?

How about the same card signed by the illustrator?

(To clarify, I would like 2 prices).