How Do You Store and Organize Your Collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: How to Protect my Cards

I stuff all my special ones in my old school binder which has a zipper around it so the cards don't warp if my closet starts to get cold. It's got a clothy material around it so it keeps from getting TOO cold... and I just use this neat HGSS binder for my Gen 1 and Gen 2 pokemon binder. And my trade binder is just a regular binder I used from work. I just keep it in my computer drawer instead of my closet.

I'm pretty much like SoulWind: Avery binders for sets, sleeves and toploaders for URs and SRs. I use letter sized binders for my English cards, and half-size binders for my Japanese sets (the 4-pocket Ultra Pro pages fit well in those, so long as you don't mind punching your own holes). And, like omahanime, I like printing my own covers, using my favourite card artwork.

I use an Ultra Pro Pro Binder w/ sleeves for cards that are UR or have a cash value greater than $8.

I'd love to get one of those long white boxes and get a gazzilion toploaders and do what Soul Wind does but I'm an average 13 year old :p

RE: how to protect my cards

omahanime said:
As someone who 100+ binders. I use http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-0-5-Inch-11-Inch-17002/dp/B001B0GG1A/ref=sr_1_16?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1362016012&sr=1-16&keywords=avery+binder

I buy different colors and print cover inserts for them.

Do you use them for everything? Both sets and holos?

I use KMC perfect fit sleeves. Can't remember the exact dimensions, I think they're 89mmx64mm though. I'm pretty sure they were specifically designed for pokemon card, because they fit so snugly. Then I throw them in standard ultra-pro binder pages. You can double sleeve them too, but I don't

Try monster binders for your ultra rates. High quality, congruent price.

celferorigama said:
omahanime said:
As someone who 100+ binders. I use http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-0-5-Inch-11-Inch-17002/dp/B001B0GG1A/ref=sr_1_16?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1362016012&sr=1-16&keywords=avery+binder

I buy different colors and print cover inserts for them.

do you use them for everything? both sets and holos?

Yes for sets, decks, and promos. I put holos and glossys into Ultra-PRO card sleeves then insert in Ultra-PRO Platinum 9-pocket pages into appropriate binder. With large collections, you need organization.

Jay said:
Try monster binders for your ultra rates. High quality, congruent price.

That is fine for small collections, or to take to league. But that would get expensive otherwise.

At last count, I have 52 binders of just English sets. Then if you add for Promos, decks, Japanese cards, Korean cards and other foreign language cards, I have lots of binders.

Gotta catch 'em all!

Should I Sleeve Cards Before Putting Them Into My Binder?

Hello there. :) I finally got my ultra pro binders in the mail along with a box of D/P. One question I have is: I found out that the sleeves I currently have fit perfectly in the pages (ultra pro silver series 9 pocket ones).

Should i sleeve all my cards?

The last binder I had I had to force the sleeves into the pages(in this binder I got today I don't have to force them)

I'm using these at the moment: http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Silver-Series-Protectors/dp/B0007XXFGG

RE: a couple of questions

I dont do it because it takes the clarity away from the cards a bit when its behind two layers of plastic.

evilpacman said:
I dont do it because it takes the clarity away from the cards a bit when its behind two layers of plastic.

But do they stay adequate protected without sleeves?

I cant say. I dont have any cards that I need to keep in perfect condition, so I've never bothered. I'd say the second sleeve would be good to keep the condition of the card, but Idk if regular pages would do the trick.

I just used penny sleeves unless it's a holo or valuable card.

If you want the cards to remain in mint condition, it's best to sleeve each before putting them into a binder page. Sleeve the card upside down so little dust specks have a harder time getting to the card.

Over time, cards can move around in the binder pages and get tiny scratches on the foil/gloss, so just as a precaution I always sleeve my cards. :)

I only put sleeves on the reverse foil, holos and exs, so they don't get bent, otherwise, I put them on the binder without any sleeve

RE: Should I sleeve cards before putting them into my binder?

DrunkSpinda said:
I only put sleeves on the reverse foil, holos and exs, so they don't get bent, otherwise, I put them on the binder without any sleeve

I also sleeve glossys.

You bought my reccomend binders? :D Feels great!

I sleeve Holos, and ultra rares.

And cards for sets

I don't sleeve BW holos or English EXs. It's very unlikely they get scratched in my binder and if they do I can't notice them. I do sleeve any foil card before BW or any EXs, FAs I plan on trading or selling. I have bought many cards that say "in a binder it's whole life mint!!!" but comes to me insanely scratched. Example: Lugia ex UF people just lie about unplayed because back then it was the top 5 EXs to play. Very hard to find that in mint condition and unshuffled.

And I sleeve upside down to minimize dust entry and I use pro-fit (not profit lol) sleeves which hug the card really tight, but could also scratch it if you rush it in.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
You bought my reccomend binders? :D Feels great!

I sleeve Holos, and ultra rares.

And cards for sets

Yea. :) They're great binders. :) I bought 2 of them. The first one is already in use(100 ultra pro pages ready to be filled) and the other one is waiting for more pages.

RE: Should I Sleeve Cards Before Putting Them Into My Binder?

I only use Penny sleeves / Ultra Pro sleeves for my trade binders, it has good cards and they stay mint with the sleeves that I have. With my other cards like University Magikarp and JPN First ED Charizard EX I use penny sleeves inside of a top loader then inside of a frame. They stay mint that way because the frame is sealed and the cards don't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back