How Do You Store and Organize Your Collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KMC is from Japan and makes amazing perfect fit sleeves. They are on eBay all of the time and aren't too badly priced. I put all of my collection cards in them and then in deck sleeves. It keeps little dust particles out because you have one sleeve on upside down and the other right side up. :)

So far, I organize my Pokémon by type,in no particular set sequence. I have a Glad bag for each Pokémon type, with the exception of Colorless and Fighting because I have just, too many of them! Trainer, and Energy Cards, have a respective tin too, and I always keep copies of the same card right next to each other. I think it makes finding a specific card very easy! Competitive Decks also go in Tins. Thus, I'm lugging around 7 Tins, 11 Glad bags, and my little League score sheets, with my Player ID written when I go to Pokémon events...

After reading these posts though, I'm staring to worry, are my cards getting scratched by being in those Glad bags??

I store my cards in 4 pocket binders on Pokédex number, then series and language. Trainers and Energys separate in 9 pocket binders.

That's the way I started collecting back in the old days and never changed it.
The only problem is that when a new Bulbasaur cards comes out I have to go through al my binders and reorganize about 10.000 cards....
But I only do that once maybe twice a year.

I store my good Holos, playable cards and Ultra Rares in 2 Ultra Pro Pro Binders (double Pro intentional). I store my commons/uncommons/worthless rares in tins, which are stored inside the massive box that my tin case came in. I store bad holos in a folder with removable pages and random RHs in another folder with removable pages. And then I have a folder just for Ditto.

My cards are organized by language, and then by set. I use letter-sized binders for English and Dutch cards (though I'd like to get an A4 binder for my Dutch cards sometime) and half-sized (4-card per page) binders for my Japanese cards. Currently I have, for my English cards, one binder for BW, one binder for HGSS/CoL, and one binder for pre-HGSS (don't have nearly as many of those). Japanese cards are one binder per 2 sets, except for Dragon Selection which has all cards in the binder because they're all holo and gets a binder to itself. I keep all holos and RHs in the binder, and one of each C/U in the binder as well, with my bulk in large bulk boxes. Ultra/Secret rares get sleeves and toploaders and are in a separate small tote along with sealed product and miscellany (Pikachu dice, Pokémon branded sleeves, coins, etc).

Currently all of it is wrapped very nicely and hanging out in boxes somewhere in the UK, going through customs. :< Except for BC and BW8 which I got after moving, those are hanging out in sleeves, with SR/URs in toploaders, in my cabinet to keep them away from dust until I get my binders so I can sort them properly. It's kind of driving me nuts, all these cards not properly sorted.

SoulWind said:
exdarkrai01 said:
And then for my collection i buy the Ultra Pro binder for the set and complete them in that.
That idea is genius.

The only problem is you have to put cards front/back but I don't mind. I need to get a monster binder for my URs since my Ultra Pro binder I use for them is almost full. There is no reason for me to have over 90 EXs, but that number isn't going to get smaller with the release of PS

I organize mine in alot of binders like in Rarity order and I sleeve my Holos/reverse holos/Rares in penny sleeves and i put them back to back in type ABC order and i have a small ultra pro binder for deck staple trainers/energys.

I keep mine in folders & in set order, then an office folder for my checklists (which needs updateing again).
I tend to keep upto 4 of any card in the sleeve, incase of deckbuilding or a quick trade-off for a card or something that I don't have yet.
As for any extras (like commons & uncommons) I keep them in boxes.

I don't really organize much of anything. I ought to but I do not because I am very lazy.
Therefore everything's all over the room or in drawers. Not a good system.

i only started collecting during black & white, so my collection is just sitting in the one 9-pocket binder (just a random one i bought from a stationary shop, nothing "official"), back to back. i organise by set and then set number, just because it's the most logical way to do it imo. after reading this thread i went through and sleeved all of my holos / full arts as well. i only keep one of each nonrare card in my binder unless it's something i know it playable (like catchers, dces, etc) and i keep the rest in a mtg fat pack box for now, sorted alphabetically.

I'm about to sell most of my c/uc but it was just in a cardboard box hehe. I have some mint Bulk though in a tin. I keep my favorite cards in a little book and playable trainers in a little book along with stuff. I do plan on getting a lot of sleeves of the same kind, putting all my playabl cards in there, then just swap tem out without having to change sleeves!

How to Protect my Cards

Hello :) New collector here. I was just wondering what kind of binder I should use to store my cards in.

I see a lot of people use the ultra pro 9 pages ring binder (no sleeves it seems).

Does that protect my card adequately?

RE: how to protect my cards

was thinking of getting multiple binders:) one for full sets. one for spare ultra rares and holos

For full sets, I'd get the ultra pro 9 ring binder. Great for sets (I use them).For ultra rares/holos, I'd get a Ultra-pro pro binder. It has no rings, many, many pages... and basically pre-installed sleeves! It works VERY well for protection, and has a strap to close it!

Ultra pro 9 ring binder: Around 15.99

The ultra pro pro binder: 22$

As someone who 100+ binders. I use http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-0-5-Inch-11-Inch-17002/dp/B001B0GG1A/ref=sr_1_16?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1362016012&sr=1-16&keywords=avery+binder

I buy different colors and print cover inserts for them.

Re: how to protect my cards

I use Ultra Pro 9-pocket 3-ring pages and a regular old 3 ring binder from Walmart. This, friends, is my beautiful trade binder.

RE: How to Protect my Cards

I completely agree.

Also, adding on the 3-ring binder, 65 PAGES that holds a extra 565 cards, is like 5-10$!

RE: How to Protect my Cards

There are a lot of good ways to protect cards.

Personally, I use a regular 1" durable binder and 9-pocket Ultra Pro pages for all my complete sets.

Ultra Rares go in high quality sleeves, top loader, and are then sorted in a cardboard box. :)

Re: RE: How to Protect my Cards

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I completely agree.

Also, adding on the 3-ring binder, 65 PAGES that holds a extra 565 cards, is like 5-10$!

Lol I get ones even cheaper! 100 pages for $6!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back