E3 2013 Discussion Thread

Rusty Sticks said:
Mirror's Edge 2!

Coming...when it's ready.

They're pulling a Valve on this one, Goshdarn it.

I loved how they said that. Coming... when it's ready.

Star Wars Battlefront 3?
It's been too long with too many cancelled projects. Especially with EA JEEEESSSSUUUUSSS. How does anyone think this series has the slightest glimmer of a chance now? It might look all flashy on the Frostbite engine but I have since lot all interest. In the same way I have lost interest in Half-Life.

AQ4Dy0T.jpg

Delta said:
There was a game where you lost your brother after wishing him away. I forget the title but it looked immensely unoriginal. I compared it with Limbo but said that the former was much less original, symbolic and artistic than the latter. It really does not look that good and for a game on the opening line-up that is also 2D, unable to really show the full capabilities of the..."One"... that is a heavy blow. I also say it was unoriginal because it seems to be like a game based off of the old saying "Be careful what you wished for" already explored in modern media such as the movie 'Zathura' I believe.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Yeah, it seems like a sequel to Max and the Magic Marker, which did feel a little bleh art-wise. Gameplay-wise, also a little bleh, but cool if you like it. Basically Crayon Physics Deluxe in platformer form.

Much more excited about this PvZ than PvZ2 due to the latter's F2P status. NFS movie, neat. And yeah Peggle 2. :D

Rusty Sticks said:
Some of the games looked pretty cool (Project Spark, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3), and of course the new Halo. Speaking of Halo, I think it should be interesting to note that it wasn't given an official name. Previous Halo titles were revealed at E3 with the full name (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Wars, Halo 4, etc.). This was just "Halo", not Halo 5.

Pros:
- lots of exclusives and new IPs
- Witcher 3 was shown (fantastic franchise, unfortunately not heavily known)
- all games, no bullshit TV stuff

Cons:
- $499 haha nope
- start of Battlefield 4 showing lololol
- no discussion of DRM and other limitations
- not discussed, but rumors of downsizing the RAM due to expensive cards
- no Mirror's Edge 2, despite rumors

Seriously...did they not learn from Sony's mistake?

Delta said:
Star Wars Battlefront 3?
It's been too long with too many cancelled projects. Especially with EA JEEEESSSSUUUUSSS. How does anyone think this series has the slightest glimmer of a chance now? It might look all flashy on the Frostbite engine but I have since lot all interest. In the same way I have lost interest in Half-Life.

I don't even care that it's late at this point. After all of the cancellations, studio shutdowns, and Disney/LucasArts bullshit, the fact that this game is finally being developed is just wonderful.

Ubisoft's up next.

Rayman Legends looks like good stuff, but The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot has the laziest, sad marketing ploy name for a game. I hate games like that.

Rally said:
The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot has the laziest, sad marketing ploy name for a game. I hate games like that.

Gearbox made the right decision naming it "Borderlands".

Also, here's a recap of the probably the biggest moment of E3. A whole 24 seconds of hyyyyyyype.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NksLPEWj5lw[/video]

is ubisoft 12 years old

"the mighty quest for epic loot"

#girlwood

Let's go Watch Dogs, destroy everything else.

but The Division looks pretty sick tho

Good god, The Division looks absolutely incredible. I'm really liking all this real time online play and connectivity.

I didn't catch that the allies in The Division were supposed to be real people, so I went half the video thinking it had all this very quiet and emotionless voice acting. :S

Watch Dogs is the only game out of this entire conference that's really kept my attention.

And they announced that at last year's E3.

The preshow people for Sony referenced God of War: Ascension, Beyond: Two Souls, thatgamecompany stuff, and Portal 2 as their favorite E3 moments.

Yeah, I'd say Valve doing something could happen.

Rusty Sticks said:
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
KINGDOM HEARTS 3

THE HYYYYYYYPE.

ALSO 1.5 HD REMAKE AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

What. Where. You better not be kidding. I may do things.

Edit: Nevermind GAF is actually not down. The hype there omyword.

KINDOM HEART THREE IS CONFIRMED

KINGDOM HEART THREE HOLY SHIZZZZZ

WHAT CONSOLE? WHAT CONSOLE? SORRY I AM JUST SO HYPED I ONLY CAME DOWNSTAIRS TO SEE THE KH3 LOGO OH MY GOD

Back