E3 2013 Discussion Thread

Agreeing with everyone else about the lack of a "wow" factor in anything shown off at the Microsoft conference.

Microsoft really needs to work on improving the variety of their exclusives, most of the ones they show off are shooters, racing, sports, and that kind of stuff. What about platformers and RPGs? They're limiting their audience by passing over certain genres.

Really happy about the Halo teaser. I definitely got what I wanted alright. Can't wait to see what direction the story goes now with the Chief emotionally hurting.

The only exclusives I cared for were Halo and TitanFall, and I'm not shelling out $500 for that. Good games,but they're already too far down the hole with the console for me to care anymore.

Rusty Sticks said:
- no Mirror's Edge 2, despite rumors

Wouldn't that be an announcement at EA's show?

Bigger worlds in Minecraft Xbone will be cool. And that MGSV trailer, that was cool.

Halo people: Why do people want a Halo 5 announcement 7 months after 4 released? Not talking a non-numbered entry, that's fine, but it seems odd to want an announcement of a new, main entry that quickly. Yeah, if Halo 5 had been announced today, it wouldn't be out until sometime next year (or later), but still.

Chariblaze said:
Rusty Sticks said:
- no Mirror's Edge 2, despite rumors

Wouldn't that be an announcement at EA's show?

It was rumored to be an XBone exclusive, so it was expected to be shown during the event, when they actually discussed exclusives.

But of course, you are correct. Here's hoping!

Soooo... Was there .gif material with the price reveal? Any FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS type deal?

If not I am slightly disappoint.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OV6YtKmsGaw[/video]

Yay! New Lightning Returns video!

Tbh, Ryse was when I clicked away. That game looked amazing.
It's either become bankrupt and get all three 8th gen consoles, or just stick with PS4 and maybe WiiU for SSB4.

I love E3, don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a video game con, just that my youtube sub box will be spammed with E3 stuff. Any reliable article site that shows the E3 stuff (I also will probably not be at live-stream)

I just got done talking with a few people about the awful presentation Microsoft gave. However the MGS V trailer looked unbelievable. The FOX engine is really something else. I can only imagine what Rising would have been like on it. The only other games that interested me to some degree however was Ryse, Spark and Sunset Overdrive. Nothing else looked any good or innovative. However Ryse and Spark had Smart Glass functions and we didn't see that much of Sunset Overdrive so I could just be chasing air here.

What really bugged me with EA, more than usual, is that there was symphonic music in the background of Battlefield 4. They were trying to make us feel for a bunch of guys on an exploding boat who we have never seen before. I don't understand the marketing behind this. The epic music behind MGS was fitting and had a reason for being there. Battlefield 4 made you wonder if you get to shoot more things and see more explosions in the stage before you die in the script. They couldn't put together a coherent presentation either with their electrical faults which just made me point and laugh. Sometimes I forget just how much I hate EA. Like REALLY hate them. I'm not even going to bother watching their conference.

Spark looks really interesting but I think it will be held down by the smart glass. I don't know anyone who has it but maybe games like this will boost its users? I mean it's pretty cool and everything but I wouldn't get smart glass just to play it, its another feature that can be used on the controller and used in the same way as DUST, the god arcade game on the 360. The initial concept is also a little unoriginal. We may burn out god games just like we have done with rhythm games however with Minecraft and games like Spark, if it generates enough interest in smart glass, leading the way then maybe it will have a brighter outlook than Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

Dead Rising 3 looked fantastic. I have never really been a fan of games before but maybe all it needed was a hardware upgrade. But again with the smart glass. What happened to holding a button down and just selecting where you want the airstrike to be? It would be so much simpler and wouldn't break up the pace of the game by having to look down at a tablet to order in a potentially life saving maneuver. However, this may just be a few features, I don't recall them mentioning that smart glass will be used for many more features than that so I'm just ranting a little bit here. I'll be looking forward to more developments in this.

Ryse looked awesome. However I do have one very big complaint similar to Dead Rising. The constant slow motions seemed too slow the fast action and thinking down way too often. Slow motion is great for dramatic shots and kills but when it is used every time you kill someone it just gets boring real quick. That being said though the game does look excellent and the opening cinematic was beautiful. A nice change to what I thought was going to be a presentation of shooters and map packs. Which is what Battlefield 4 essentially was.

I do wish we saw more development of Cyberpunk 2077 from Projekt Red rather than Witcher. I personally don't like those games but I'm not going to be an ass and say they should have shown 2077 instead. However we only have a teaser so far and it is the best teaser I have ever seen so I'm a little anxious that if we haven't heard anything yet, we probably won't hear anything at all.

Then we get to Titanfall. The game looked great however I'm trying to force myself away from any shooters. It looked like Star Wars Battlefront with Mechs. Now that is badass. I don't have anything more to say other than I want to see more.

There was a game where you lost your brother after wishing him away. I forget the title but it looked immensely unoriginal. I compared it with Limbo but said that the former was much less original, symbolic and artistic than the latter. It really does not look that good and for a game on the opening line-up that is also 2D, unable to really show the full capabilities of the..."One"... that is a heavy blow. I also say it was unoriginal because it seems to be like a game based off of the old saying "Be careful what you wished for" already explored in modern media such as the movie 'Zathura' I believe.

Gold sharing is welcome. But why they can't get rid of the subscription fee altogether boggles me. It's a step in the right direction but Sony and Nintendo were already at the end of the street. The digital recording was very good, I was surprised to see that they took some ideas from Sony and focused a little on the sharing aspect. Instant live streaming is a great feature however none of these make me want a One over the PS4.

Final comments uh...Get hype for JoJo's All Star Battle YEAH! Forza who cares and uh....poop.
/biggest post in the thread by far.

First thing EA shows is a third-person shooter: Plants vs. Zombies - Garden Warfare. It's run on the Frostbite 3 engine.

Actually looked pretty cool.

EDIT: aaaaaaaand there's the signature super awkward moment with Peggle 2 announcement

Some Loser said:
How do we make Plants vs Zombies better?

Make it a shooter.

Nice one there, EA.

It's meant to be a joke, not to be taken seriously :3

EDIT: STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT CONFIRMED OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIT

Something happened.

eRYW6hC.png

What everyone in that room is thinking:

shut up about the cars and show us battlefront

I'm so happy I might cry.

Back