E3 2013 Discussion Thread

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
SK39yE7.gif

The biggest event in gaming starts tomorrow folks! Here you can discuss what you want to see, what has been shown, and what you wish was shown.

The usual conferences start tomorrow, with Microsoft kicking it off. The rest of the week is dedicated to companies showing off their games on the showroom floor. Expect the next-gen consoles to dominate discussion during E3 and the following months.

Here's the schedule:
  • 9:30 AM PT, June 10 - Microsoft
  • 1:00 PM PT, June 10 - Electronic Arts
  • 3:00 PM PT, June 10 - Ubisoft
  • 6:00 PM PT, June 10 - Sony
  • 7:00 AM PT, June 11 - Nintendo (via Nintendo Direct)
Following the conferences, June 11 - 13 will feature developers showing off their games.

For a live countdown to each conference, and online live viewing, please go here.

As per rules, all Pokemon information that will be revealed should be discussed in this thread. The rest of Nintendo's event can be discussed here.

pokemeister899

VM if you want to play ACNL with me!
I'm excited! Personally I'm looking forward to what Nintendo is going to show, but I'll be probably watching all of them. It's going to be interesting to see if Microsoft will change what people dislike about the Xbox One, or if they keep it how it is.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Even before E3 has started, we've already got the full trailer for Ubisofts upcoming Watch_Dogs.

For those who don't know, Ubisoft revealed their new IP last year, and blew away critics and audiences with great visuals and a stunning game mechanic: hacking. The reveal was great enough for many critics to claim Ubisoft "won" E3, compared to everyone else's lacking shows (Microsoft/Nintendo).

Watch the full CGI trailer here, before it appears tomorrow!

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
I'm hoping we get more info regarding FFXIII: Lightning Returns! I know we just got the E3 trailer for it a few days ago but I'm dying for more info.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm most looking forward to the Nintendo Direct, most of my favorite games are Nintendo games, and we should be getting some good ones. I'm also interested in what Sony and Ubisoft are doing, and Microsoft's is going to be entertaining if only because it's probably going to suck.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
All I care about is how hilariously Microsoft may flop.

I want to see it so badlyyyy. Like, I'm literally hoping they mess up. I couldn't stop laughing at the Xbone reveal, anything that rivals that and it'll be a good, laughter-filled day.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
I'm waiting for Microsoft to come out on stage and say "Well, too bad. Shut up and give us your money."
If they're going to reveal games, that's fine. Anymore talk about Xbox One being an 'entertainment system/center' and I'm putting my head through a glass window.

jdivinity

I feel like I'm one of the few who actually are excited about the Xbox One. My family is a big Xbox family. We have four Xbox 360 consoles in our house and along with myself, my father, brother, and two of my sisters each have an Xbox Live Gold Account (Family Plan) and we play regularly. I won't be buying the Xbox One during launch because I'm already guessing I won't have the funds but I'll likely be getting my hands on one sometime mid-2014.

Guts

CyberPhunk
tumblr_mo5q8zgk9v1rk5dgco1_500.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHH

Agh, can't wait. There are so many games I want, and there are so many more games I need. In any case, I hope the conferences this year are better than the ones we saw last time.

tumblr_mo5oxgMMi01qa5c1eo1_500.png

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely excited! I can't wait to see a teaser for Halo 5 (Come on, they have to show it!). And then hopefully Ubisoft can show some more footage from Rayman Legends. Maybe even hint at those Skywlander-esque toys? I need more Rayman toys!!

Rally

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really looking forward for Sony's presentation. Supposed pictures of the PS4. :] Can't wait!

Rally

Aspiring Trainer
Well its not really a surprise anymore. : P

Sounds interesting though, a new Conker Banjo-Kazooie would be great.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Brief summary of Microsoft:

-new Halo (just the date of 2014, no name)
-Audio problems
-Dead Rising 3
-Ryse: Son of Rome
-Spark
-Audio problems
-No more Microsoft Points (local currency will be used)
-Until the Xbox One is released, two free games will be available each month to all Xbox Gold members (first ones will be Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2)
-Game DVR (capture card kinda feature) with editing
-Twitch streaming
-Metal Gear Solid 5
-Forza 5
-Minecraft Xbox One Edition
-Quantum Break
-Crimson Dragon
-World of Tanks
-The Witcher 3

November 2013, 499$.

Also WWDC is also happening right now and new line of Macbook Air and Macbook Pro was just announced if anyone cares.

TheGuy

Member since '09
Nothing too interesting at Microsoft. Spark looks kind of cool, but it's not enough for me to buy an XBOX One, I'll probably be going for PS4 since Microsoft isn't wowing me at all.

lol $499, no way I'm buying One. There's no way that's any cheaper than PS4 is going to be.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Very disappointed to be honest. Price point is extremely poor and no games have that "must-have" factor other than maybe the new Halo, and that's slated for 2014.

Rally

Aspiring Trainer
Don't forget:
  • D4. A murder mystry game that takes place on a plane.
  • Titanfall. Mechs everywhere.
  • New Xbox 360 with Xbox One like design.
  • Below. A new indie game.

@Zoura: I agree that the price, sheesh, but the indie games and MGS5 brought me back. I guess its all about the price of the PS4 now.

jdivinity

I liked pretty much all the games Microsoft showcased for Xbox One. The price makes me want to faint though. My dad's getting it on launch though, I'll probably wait until late next year.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Some of the games looked pretty cool (Project Spark, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3), and of course the new Halo. Speaking of Halo, I think it should be interesting to note that it wasn't given an official name. Previous Halo titles were revealed at E3 with the full name (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Wars, Halo 4, etc.). This was just "Halo", not Halo 5.

Pros:
- lots of exclusives and new IPs
- Witcher 3 was shown (fantastic franchise, unfortunately not heavily known)
- all games, no bullshit TV stuff

Cons:
- $499 haha nope
- start of Battlefield 4 showing lololol
- no discussion of DRM and other limitations
- not discussed, but rumors of downsizing the RAM due to expensive cards
- no Mirror's Edge 2, despite rumors