E3 2013 Discussion Thread

Bolt the Cat said:
Ysmir said:
However, I will say once again XboxOne has let me down but I wonder how much did they really suck? Or is it people are so disillusioned with Xbox already that they didn't even give it a chance. I will note that the lack of "clearing up the mess" on Microsoft's part only further lets down fans. I haven't played a Playstation since PS1 and 2 back in the 90's and early 2000's. I don't want to get a PS4 but Xbox IS making it difficult for me to consider investing my money into it's console. A few highlights were The Elder Scrolls: Online coming to both systems and Halo 5. But otherwise it was pretty sad. I look forward to Nintendo's presentation if only for the Pokemon X/Y info but that's for another forum. Cheers.

There was no salvaging Xbox One's backwards policies unless Sony was doing it, and we now know they're not. The fact that they didn't bother explaining themselves just makes it even worse.

As for the game lineup, there was nothing really to write home about. Many of them were the usual generic shooters, sports, etc., the usual dudebro stuff. And none of them (with the possible exception of Titanfall) truly felt new or innovative. So basically nothing that would interest anyone outside of their core fanbase.

But Titanfall isn't Xbox One exclusive, it's also on PC and Xbox 360. All that means to me is that I can wait to buy a PS4 or Xbox One until they release the better model, because the first model always sucks.

And how is no one else EXTREMLY excited for Battlefront!?! That made this E3 good, that single announcement.

Featherwick said:
And how is no one else EXTREMLY excited for Battlefront!?! That made this E3 good, that single announcement.

Check the first page.

And did anyone see Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z? That looked pretty cool. Keiji Inafune is working on it alongside Team Ninja.

I would never play an Elder Scrolls game on a Playstation. After all that happened with Skyrim and the wait for Oblivion....the endless crying. No way. If anything that still gives me hope for Microsoft because at least it's easier to work on their hardware/software than it is for Playstation. I am hopeful that PS4 doesn't encounter the same issues with TES:O but I still am skeptical.

Looking back on some the underdogs from the Sony conference, The Order looked really cool, and the trailer for The Dark Sorcerer was brilliant.

There is no backwards compatibility per se but the Playstation 4 can stream live PS1,2 and 3 games using Cloud. Even if there was no backwards compatibility, that would be no problem. It just means that the previous system you bought doesn't become completely obsolete like the GameCube or any DS before the 3DS.

Featherwick said:

Because EA.

Can someone explain me the share button, it's functionalities and if you will be able to edit videos and record with your voice.

Delta said:
There is no backwards compatibility per se but the Playstation 4 can stream live PS1,2 and 3 games using Cloud. Even if there was no backwards compatibility, that would be no problem. It just means that the previous system you bought doesn't become completely obsolete like the GameCube or any DS before the 3DS.

So you'd be able to buy PS3 games from the Cloud and play those on PS4? I simply want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts 3 and 1.5 HD ReMIX on the same console. I don't own a PS3, which is why I'm seriously considering buying a PS4 if this can be a thing. If not...I may go Wii U because I'm a Nintendo nerd.

MK8 and Wii Party U both look pretty great.

Peach in 3D World, that's pretty surprising.

EDIT: Bad 3rd Party Games, besides Watch Dogs of course.

Bayonetta 2! Featuring shorter hair and an even pervier camera!

EDIT: SUPER SMASH BROS FOR 3DS AND WII U

FEATURING ANIMAL CROSSING VILLAGER AND MEGA MAAAAAAAAAN

Yoshi's New Island.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Leave your golden age alone! You have already ruined DK Country.

I hate Nintendo for saving Sega. Now Platinum games has to work with such an inferior console technologically that I doubt Bayonetta 2 will reach its full potential.

Smash looks sweet. I don't know how an Animal Crossing character will work though.

Serperior said:
So you'd be able to buy PS3 games from the Cloud and play those on PS4? I simply want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts 3 and 1.5 HD ReMIX on the same console. I don't own a PS3, which is why I'm seriously considering buying a PS4 if this can be a thing. If not...I may go Wii U because I'm a Nintendo nerd.

I'm not sure if they are going to be selected games or games on a rotation or anything. Most likely fan favourites though, I doubt a HD collection will be included.

What are people's thoughts on the Wonderful 101? I thought it looked pretty interesting.

Welp. There's no way that presentation topped Sony, that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of the announcements were great. Wind Waker looks good with the actual footage, I actually liked what they're doing with Mario Kart 8, DKCR: TF looks cool and I'm pleased that Retro is working on it, and X looks good too. Smash is also really neat. I love that the Villager and Mega Man will be playable. Finally Capcom does something right. ;p

But that 3D Mario game was just not what I was expecting for the Wii U. Granted, it does look really cool and fun, but I guess I was more expecting something akin to 64 or the Galaxy games and that really let me down. I liked 3D Land a lot on the 3DS and it's nice to see things getting fleshed out more, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed tbh. That combined with the stream not even working at the beginning made me very sour indeed.

dmaster out.

Couldn't really catch all of the Nintendo Direct because of issues with the US stream, but from what I saw of it, I wasn't that impressed. Many of the games shown are bland sequels to games that came out 2-3 years ago (Super Mario 3D World = Super Mario 3D Land 2, Mario Kart 8 looks very much like Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze = Donkey Kong Country Returns 2). And while there's nothing particularly bad about these games, it doesn't do the Wii U any favors, as it fails to tout the Wii U as a console that is capable of innovative, next gen gameplay. Smash Bros. looks good, though, and X could be good but I want to see more gameplay first.

I am actually pleasantly surprised with most of the announcements. Even though some of it seems repetitive, I really get a sense that Nintendo is getting back to their roots and catering to the fans who love their characters. There seems to have been some real focus on getting the details right. I guess I can't say much for those who don't like Nintendo as much as I do, but I'm pretty darn happy. Lots of childhood feels from some of these trailers.

Delta said:
Yoshi's New Island.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Leave your golden age alone! You have already ruined DK Country.

I can't take you seriously with that statement. :[

As long as it (Yoshi's New Island) doesn't have the bad stage design of YI:DS did I'm willing to give it a shot. The gimmicks of the large eggs and jazz isn't very encouraging but... Eh. We should wait 'til release before claiming bad.

I won't even type my hype for Smash. It would stretch the page and just all around happy overload peoples' faces until they blow up. I have decided to keep you guys sane instead.

Yeah overall Nintendo had a safe conference, at least that's what I thought. I would of liked retro done metroid or something else than donkey kong. Also where is Zelda at for the wii u. Super smash bros looked good but getting a wii u now just to get a game in a year is not worth it. It needs games desparately or it will sink. Also the u needs a price cut because its too close to the ps4 price. Plus Nintendo left out a key charicterisitic about their console that it is free to play over the Internet since playstation has moved to playstation plus.

My problem with Yoshi's island is the graphics, they look good, kind of like everything is made of plushies, but I really loved the style of the original, with the think outlines and really adorable drawings. At least the music is still amazing.

capt.penguin said:
Also where is Zelda at for the wii u.

They said that the development was taking too long for them to show it off, that's why we're getting Wind Waker HD. I'm not expecting it to be announced until next year.

Bolt the Cat said:
They said that the development was taking too long for them to show it off, that's why we're getting Wind Waker HD. I'm not expecting it to be announced until next year.

That's not the only reason. I assume Miyamoto wants to remake it because WW wasn't to his standards as it was essentially unfinished.

Also what an amazing trailer for FF15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xKbPooKAo

Back