Cheating at Regionals

RE: Cheating

At the Dragons Exalted Pre Release, I played a girl who rushed the setup and played her active and bench. I didn't even get a chance to cut her deck. She started with Registeel EX. Powered Up, and wrecked me.
Next game I win my match and see my friend is playing her, I go check it out they're three turns in and she has that Registeel EX as the active.
She wins again.

Turns out that when my friend got to the table she had already set up (it was his first tcg experience, so he didnt know any better)

This girl went on to get 3rd place -___-

So since then I ALWAYS cut/ shuffle my opponents deck. Bunk that! Too many cheaters out there

MamsPokemon said:
At the Dragons Exalted Pre Release, I played a girl who rushed the setup and played her active and bench. I didn't even get a chance to cut her deck. She started with Registeel EX. Powered Up, and wrecked me.
Next game I win my match and see my friend is playing her, I go check it out they're three turns in and she has that Registeel EX as the active.
She wins again.

Turns out that when my friend got to the table she had already set up (it was his first tcg experience, so he didnt know any better)

This girl went on to get 3rd place -___-

So since then I ALWAYS cut/ shuffle my opponents deck. Bunk that! Too many cheaters out there

Heh, I know what you mean. There was actually a situation like that at an Emerging Powers PR in my area in which one of the Seniors allegedly stacked his deck before each game (he'd always have a Cubchoo and Beartic plus about 3 or so Energy in the starting hand). One of the Masters noticed this happened in the first 2 rounds, so the head judge went over and, before the start of the next round, pile-shuffled his deck. From what I heard, the guy's face went pale. (I was the other judge that day so I was surveying the rest of the area.)

I've gotten into the habit of always cutting the opponent's deck, except in very rare instances (I think the only time when I don't cut is when they're going right back into the deck anyway, e.g. Random Receiver+N or Dragon Call). Against Juniors and Seniors and people who I know are new, I will always cut the deck - it not only helps to integrate them into the system (to know that the opponent always has the right to cut the deck after a shuffle), but it discourages cheating as well. It's generally worked.

...And now I actually have no idea where this thread is going.

This is actually a different kind of cheating, but since this thread's title is "cheating", I think it'd be appropriate. I've found (never seen anyone do this), that with FA EX cards, or any other cards with slight ridges like shinies, you can, even through most sleeves, feel the ridges with your nail on the bottom of the card to give you an idea of what it might be, allowing you to stack your deck accordingly. It would seem pretty obvious if someone did that, but thoughts?

As obvious as that would be, you could stack your deck like that. Nobody actually do this please, we don't need more cheaters.

If somebody started feeling their card I would call a judge, lol.

9Tailz said:
As obvious as that would be, you could stack your deck like that. Nobody actually do this please, we don't need more cheaters.

You know what they if you aint cheating you aint trying.

Glace said:
I think I'd call a therapist first, lol.

I wish we'd stop over-analyzing these videos. It's going to make people stop letting others record their games. It was the responsibility of the judges, not the playerbase to fix this problem. It was not resolved, so this is an issue you should have taken up with the judges personally, not with entire community.

Blui129 said:
Brave Vesperia said:
If someone destroyed my cards, I would destroy their fingers. :angry

I hope Newman gets permabanned from Pokemon.

I'd destroy their face :D

Why do people cheat? It doesn't end well, and it looks like Newman will be permabanned.

" Cheaters risk EVERYTHING and gain NOTHING

This is something that should be reported so the video will get pulled. If the user gets caught he could be banned or even do time in jail for cheating XD.:)

Huh. So THAT's why all those people at pre-leases keep asking me if I wanted to cut the deck. Never played the game against someone I didn't know so I have never had that problem and since the pre-release don't give you prizes if you win, no one's really motivated to cheat, they just want their extra 2 packs and get out. I kept saying "what for?" They're all like to prevent cheating. "I really don't care... if you win, good for you, if I win it doesn't mean I'm better, just means I had better pulls and luck. Proves nothing and I get no satisfaction of out it. Just gimme my 2 packs. I don't even like playing." Eh, the last part isn't entirely true the game is pretty fun.

^ Odd, our pre-releases have prizes at stake but I never seen anyone cheat in our area. 1st to 3rd gets more boosters. We're very small since it's being revived and all.

Not like there's really something to cheat on anyway... I just enjoy it for the gameplay and the collection.

xxashxx said:
This is something that should be reported so the video will get pulled. If the user gets caught he could be banned or even do time in jail for cheating XD.:)
He wouldn't get jail time, considering he didn't technically do anything illegal, but I heard he did get a lifelong ban.

Cheating is illegal XD. Depending on the severity of the case though it depends on how bad he cheated XD. Anyway at least he is banned forever though.:)

xxashxx said:
Cheating is illegal XD. Depending on the severity of the case though it depends on how bad he cheated XD. Anyway at least he is banned forever though.:)

Cheating is not illegal.

Ursus said:
xxashxx said:

Cheating is not illegal.

So cheating is legal, while being punishable with lifelong bans? o.o

It's not strictly illegal by the laws of the land, but within the system of POP itself it's considered illegal and punishable with lifelong bans from that system.

Now that that's cleared up and out of the way...

Cheating isn't illegal in the sense that you really aren't breaking any laws, at least not in this instance. He won't serve any kind of jailtime just for cheating at a children's card game.

It is, however, against the rules of the game, so he was issued a lifelong ban for such utter disregard for the rules.

Celebi23 said:
Glace said:
I think I'd call a therapist first, lol.

I wish we'd stop over-analyzing these videos. It's going to make people stop letting others record their games. It was the responsibility of the judges, not the playerbase to fix this problem. It was not resolved, so this is an issue you should have taken up with the judges personally, not with entire community.

Why? If you don't cheat there's no reason to not let somebody record you.

Back