Cheating at Regionals

RE: Cheating

venasour x said:
Celebi23 said:
I think I'd call a therapist first, lol.

I wish we'd stop over-analyzing these videos. It's going to make people stop letting others record their games. It was the responsibility of the judges, not the playerbase to fix this problem. It was not resolved, so this is an issue you should have taken up with the judges personally, not with entire community.

Why? If you don't cheat there's no reason to not let somebody record you.

There's plenty of reasons to not let someone record you that don't involve cheating.

xxashxx said:
Cheating is illegal XD. Depending on the severity of the case though it depends on how bad he cheated XD. Anyway at least he is banned forever though.:)
It's illegal by the game's rules, not by our nation's laws.

I'd think twice about allowing someone to record a non-fun duel of mine. It adds a slight amount of pressure, and thus has a small chance of causing you to make misplays you wouldn't otherwise make. Unlikely, but it does compound with other possible issues such as your ranking, matchup and opponent, too. (For the record, I'm not a nervous player, but distractions can cause problems for anyone.)

Avegaille said:
^ Odd, our pre-releases have prizes at stake but I never seen anyone cheat in our area. 1st to 3rd gets more boosters. We're very small since it's being revived and all.

Not like there's really something to cheat on anyway... I just enjoy it for the gameplay and the collection.

Your PTO should not be giving out extra booster packs for top finishers in Prereleases. We stopped doing it because our PTO was told they can't do that anymore.

Back