(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

I think the only things I'm even slightly disappointed with is Xerneas being a Fairy type and the new Perfume Pokemon. Other than that, wow.

I absolutely love the two squid things. Great designs there. Pancham's evolution is super bad ass and I immediately called the the Cotton Candy one even before I read the description before it. Needless to say, I absolutely love the design of that one as well; it may be one of my personal favorites so far, it's that good.

dmaster out.

Even though most of the comments are now about the CoroCoro leaks... It seems these are the secret/ultra rares in EX Battle Boost:

94/93 Reshiram (Gold)
95/93 Zekrom (Gold)
96/93 Imakuni?
97/93 Pokemon Enterprise
98/93 Pokemon Enterprise
99/93 Pokemon Enterprise
100/93 Shadow Triad (Full Art)

Reshiram and Zekrom look neat, it's funny to see Imakuni? again, not sure why there needed to be three Pokemon Enterprises (especially if they all do the same thing), and the full art of the Shadow Triad is also neat. Seems like the secret rares are basically "for fun".

I am, however, a little disappointed that there isn't a full art of Elesa. I mean, how did that NOT get made? lol

Opinions opinions!

Im pleased with the Legendary types, I enjoy that Xerneas has a clearly defined theme with being simply Fairy. I think that it being the "Life" pokemon and pure fairy type kind of implies fairy as essentially a Dark counterpart or "Light" type like many people have wanted over the years.

Pancham was never my favorite, but I definitely like how BA Pangoro looks, kinda like a darker angrier Ursaring.

I absolutely freaking LOVE Malimar, and Inkay. I want one so badly I hope Inkay isn't super out of the way in-game, I'd like to raise one!

I like Shushupu better than Peropuffu but I'm getting X so i'll have to trade for it :p definitely digging the Plague theme, and the contrast of such a darker theme with the bright pink and cuteness really does it for me ;)

Gym Leaders: The blondie reminds me of Professor E.Gadd from Luigi's Mansion for whatever reason. And the second guy, well, I like his design. In my opinion though in that tiny picture beside his head, that brown image with the rectangles looks like a badge to me. Just speculating!

dmaster said:
I think the only things I'm even slightly disappointed with is Xerneas being a Fairy type and the new Perfume Pokemon. Other than that, wow.

I absolutely love the two squid things. Great designs there. Pancham's evolution is super bad ass and I immediately called the the Cotton Candy one even before I read the description before it. Needless to say, I absolutely love the design of that one as well; it may be one of my personal favorites so far, it's that good.

dmaster out.

I think that the squids will be my new favorite non starter and non legendary water type pokemon, well right up there with gyarados anyway, that thing was a pain to evolve from a magikarp in gen one but was worth it them. Also Pancham's evolution plus Pancham itself will get the nickname Po from me (well maybe not really but it could)

Raptor9229 said:
dmaster said:

dmaster out.

I think that the squids will be my new favorite non starter and non legendary water type pokemon, well right up there with gyarados anyway

The squids aren't water type, they're dark/psychic (which is a typing I've wanted for ages)
either way, they are seriously ace

Jakeremix said:
I hate the fact that, yet again, there's another new evil team... I mean, if the pokemon world really has crime syndicates in literally every single region, then they have big problems...

but there's crime syndicates in every region of our world.

Raptor9229 said:
I think that the squids will be my new favorite non starter and non legendary water type pokemon, well right up there with gyarados anyway, that thing was a pain to evolve from a magikarp in gen one but was worth it them. Also Pancham's evolution plus Pancham itself will get the nickname Po from me (well maybe not really but it could)

Too bad they're not Water types :p

Is it just me, or is this a lot of Pokemon revealed so far with three months still left until release? It feels like the D/P and B/W hype periods didn't have this many, or is my memory just bad?

Raptor9229 said:
dmaster said:

dmaster out.

I don't think the squids were water type, I think they were dark/psychic ;)

Edit: Whoops, someone got before me :)

P.DelSlayer said:
Raptor9229 said:
I think that the squids will be my new favorite non starter and non legendary water type pokemon, well right up there with gyarados anyway

The squids aren't water type, they're dark/psychic (which is a typing I've wanted for ages)
either way, they are seriously ace

I forgot, my bad. They are squids and squids live in water so I associated them with water. Never mind about water type then, correction for that is now water dwelling pokemon, better? That said I may name Xerneas M. Savini when I catch it, . If you do not get why I would name it that then you might want to look up Megaloceros, more specifically it would be named after the subspecies that was found in France.

Jakeremix, if you hate the villain teams then stop playing pokemon, those give the games a storyline rather than have you just going out, collecting badges, and beating the elite four plus champion and then doing whatever you want after the credits role. Without the villain teams the series would be boring and there would not be a plot line. Although it is said that the villain team just wants to get rich I think there is a hidden agenda somewhere in there.

GUYS
THE SOURCE WAS RIGHT ABOUT TURNING YOUR 3DS UPSIDE DOWN TO EVOLVE INKAY

LOOK CLOSELY AT INKAY AND MALIMAR

MALIMARS TENTACLES ARE ON TOP AND HEAD IS ON BOTTOM WHILE INKAY IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND

EDIT: I just realized...
How are they gonna explain Inkay evolving into Malimar in the anime?

Skeleton Liar said:
Even though most of the comments are now about the CoroCoro leaks... It seems these are the secret/ultra rares in EX Battle Boost:

94/93 Reshiram (Gold)
95/93 Zekrom (Gold)
96/93 Imakuni?
97/93 Pokemon Enterprise
98/93 Pokemon Enterprise
99/93 Pokemon Enterprise

Reshiram and Zekrom look neat, it's funny to see Imakuni? again, not sure why there needed to be three Pokemon Enterprises (especially if they all do the same thing), and the full art of the Shadow Triad is also neat. Seems like the secret rares are basically "for fun".

I am, however, a little disappointed that there isn't a full art of Elesa. I mean, how did that NOT get made? lol
...wha...?
Where'd you find that info? Tell me, please!

TheKeaton said:

The Pokemon will probably turn upside down and evolve?

TheKeaton said:
GUYS

MALIMARS TENTACLES ARE ON TOP AND HEAD IS ON BOTTOM WHILE INKAY IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND

It just evolves? They don't really do game mechanics in the anime that much.

Well sorry Toxicroak, you are doomed if you go up against the squid in battle. I am serious, Toxicroak would basically be only able to deal normal damage to the squid pokemon in a battle (Dark is weak to fighting but fighting deals half damage to psychic types) Not like Toxicroak was really that much of a beast anyway but still . . .

On that note: We now have a prehistoric deer as a legendary pokemon.

Raptor9229 said:
TheKeaton said:
GUYS

It just evolves? They don't really do game mechanics in the anime that much.

Well sorry Toxicroak, you are doomed if you go up against the squid in battle. I am serious, Toxicroak would basically be only able to deal normal damage to the squid pokemon in a battle (Dark is weak to fighting but fighting deals half damage to psychic types) Not like Toxicroak was really that much of a beast anyway but still . . .

Toxicroak learns X-scissor...

Dark/Psychic has only one weakness: Bug, as a x4. It has no resistances, and 1 immunity (to Psychic).
It takes neutral damage from 15 types.

So it's not just Toxicroak.

TheKeaton said:
GUYS

Well aren't you a Sherlock!

DNA said:
Dark/Psychic has only one weakness: Bug, as a x4. It has no resistances, and 1 immunity (to Psychic).
It takes neutral damage from 15 types.

So it's not just Toxicroak.

I actually like the fact that Xerneas is a pure fairy type.

It is both a mythical deer and a prehistoric deer. It is called the Life pokemon and many fairies are associated with life in mythology. Also Yveltal is known as the destruction pokemon so fairy type also makes sense there in a way. The reason I call it a prehistoric deer is because of Megaloceros as shown by the hyperlink in my previous comment. Just look at the one two to the left of the big one in the middle and compare its antlers to Xerneas.

DNA said:
Skeleton Liar said:

94/93 Reshiram (Gold)
95/93 Zekrom (Gold)
96/93 Imakuni?
97/93 Pokemon Enterprise
98/93 Pokemon Enterprise
99/93 Pokemon Enterprise

...wha...?
Where'd you find that info? Tell me, please!

Looks accurate. You can go trough the pages on yahoo auctions (japanese website) and look at the card numbers: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=EXバトルブースト&f=0x2&mode=1&tab_ex=commerce&ei=UTF-8&b=41

Back