(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

DNA said:
Skeleton Liar said:
Even though most of the comments are now about the CoroCoro leaks... It seems these are the secret/ultra rares in EX Battle Boost:

94/93 Reshiram (Gold)
95/93 Zekrom (Gold)
96/93 Imakuni?
97/93 Pokemon Enterprise
98/93 Pokemon Enterprise
99/93 Pokemon Enterprise
100/93 Shadow Triad (Full Art)

Reshiram and Zekrom look neat, it's funny to see Imakuni? again, not sure why there needed to be three Pokemon Enterprises (especially if they all do the same thing), and the full art of the Shadow Triad is also neat. Seems like the secret rares are basically "for fun".

I am, however, a little disappointed that there isn't a full art of Elesa. I mean, how did that NOT get made? lol
...wha...?
Where'd you find that info? Tell me, please!
I just pieced it together with the front page news saying there are 7 secret rares, bringing the set to 100 cards total, doing a Google image search, and two posts on pages 9 and 10 of this topic.

Reshiram and Zekrom (94 & 95):
mqqxf290-img600x450-1373529705b7472u9393.jpg

mqqxf290-img600x450-1373529928qu31oy30355.jpg
Imakuni? (96):
102814_201307111552298208_2.jpg
The 3 Pokemon Enterprises (97, 98, & 99) and Shadow Triad FA (100):
200px-Pok%C3%A9monEnterpriseEXBattleBoost97.jpg

ebb-group3.jpg
I just didn't have the number for Shadow Triad. But since the Pokemon Enterprises took up 97-99, and there's only 7 secret rares, it has to be 100.

A bit disapointed about the secret rares in the set. Excadrill and Chandelure FA would've been nice at least.. And was also hoping they would sneak in a Moltres and Zapdos Fa. Still really excited to get a box of this set, since it has a lot of my favorite pokémon that I collect like the legendary birds, Charizard, Rayquaza, Ninetales and Xatu. :D

garbodorable said:
Delta said:
I just saw the new evil team.
I can't believe in 2013 that antagonist's with a goal of getting money are still being created. This is ridiculous.

Why? Because stories about greed are no longer relevant in the world?

It's lazy. It's very lazy. Money is not a good ultimate goal. What are they going to do with the money? Why do they want the money? Is it a message? Is it to say that they can get anything? What? Their goal was to get money. That was the announcement. If there is anything more then it was an unclear and bad announcement. If it is for greed then that will be the worst plot line in a series that already has very weak plot lines.
Some guys want to live the high life and you need to stop them. Great. Much more exhilarating and deeper than stopping two dimensions colliding and the very space and time you live in crumbling away.

Yeah, Yahoo Auctions has a couple other cards from Battle Boost that PokeBeach hasn't put up yet.

Note: I typed this as I found them. Sorry for the disorganization.

Source: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=EX%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88&f=0x2&mode=1&tab_ex=commerce&ei=UTF-8&b=1

There's 12 pages of Battle Boost with 1 or 2 Genesect things thrown in there.

Also, it looks like this set has Plasma-style RHs, at least in Japan. Some of the scans, such as the legendary birds, have it. However, there is also an Articuno scan without it.

So far, I've found:
Gothitelle (Magic Room) reprint
Sigilyph (Safeguard) reprint
Articuno NXD reprint
Tornadus EPO reprint
Samurott BW reprint
BadGible reprint
BadGabite reprint (the Gible and Gabite are storytelling with Gaarchomp)
Garbotoxin Garbodor reprint
Victory Star Victini reprint
Emboar BW reprint (storytelling)
Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Keldeo EX (same art as their set releases)
Snivy
Serperior BW reprint
Virizion NV reprint
Charmander
Servine
Reshiram BW reprint (Non-Gold)
Leavanny NV reprint
Zapdos NXD reprint
Emolga DRX reprint
Thundurus EPO reprint
Zekrom BW reprint
Dewott
Tympole
Oshawott
Kirlia
Xatu (new)
Riolu
Victini EX (Set Art)
Kyurem EX (Set Art)
Moltres NXD reprint
Landorus NVI reprint
Lugia EX (Set Art)
Black Kyurem EX BCR reprint (set art)
Charmeleon
White Kyurem EX (Set Art)
Palpitoad
Zorua
Magikarp
Prinplup
Seismitoad (Round) reprint
Piplup
Sewaddle
Shuckle (Grass Type) (storytelling with Emolga)
Swadloon
Deino
Zweilous
Vulpix

EDIT: Aaaaaand ninja'd while writing this up D: At least the previous guy missed the RH thing.

Delta said:
garbodorable said:

It's lazy. It's very lazy. Money is not a good ultimate goal. What are they going to do with the money? Why do they want the money? Is it a message? Is it to say that they can get anything? What? Their goal was to get money. That was the announcement. If there is anything more then it was an unclear and bad announcement. If it is for greed then that will be the worst plot line in a series that already has very weak plot lines.
Some guys want to live the high life and you need to stop them. Great. Much more exhilarating and deeper than stopping two dimensions colliding and the very space and time you live in crumbling away.
I don't believe that money is everything they want... ;)

Delta said:
garbodorable said:

It's lazy. It's very lazy. Money is not a good ultimate goal. What are they going to do with the money? Why do they want the money? Is it a message? Is it to say that they can get anything? What? Their goal was to get money. That was the announcement. If it is for greed then that will be the worst plot line in a series that already has very weak plot lines.
Some guys want to live the high life and you want need to stop them. Great. Much more exhilarating and deeper than stopping two dimensions colliding and the very space and time you live in crumbling away.
:rolleyes:
"They simply want to get rich and solely are out to make money." That's all we know about them. When Team Plasma was revealed, all we knew about them was "They want to liberate Pokemon", but then we found out the story was much deeper than that. So what I'm trying to say is don't jump to conclusions, for all we know, they could be using that as a cover. Also, it's not a lazy or bad concept, and a lot of people wanted a simple evil team with a simple evil goal. Your post came off very arrogant and know-it-all-y, which I'm guessing you didn't mean for it too, but just because you don't like the concept doesn't make it bad concept.

Delta said:
garbodorable said:

I still think they have a hidden agenda in there somewhere.

Puff-Sun said:
Yeah, Yahoo Auctions has a couple other cards from Battle Boost that PokeBeach hasn't put up yet.

Note: I typed this as I found them. Sorry for the disorganization.

Source: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=EX%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88&f=0x2&mode=1&tab_ex=commerce&ei=UTF-8&b=1

There's 12 pages of Battle Boost with 1 or 2 Genesect things thrown in there.

Also, it looks like this set has Plasma-style RHs, at least in Japan. Some of the scans, such as the legendary birds, have it. However, there is also an Articuno scan without it.

So far, I've found:
Gothitelle (Magic Room) reprint
Sigilyph (Safeguard) reprint
Articuno NXD reprint
Tornadus EPO reprint
Samurott BW reprint
BadGible reprint
BadGabite reprint (the Gible and Gabite are storytelling with Gaarchomp)
Garbotoxin Garbodor reprint
Victory Star Victini reprint
Emboar BW reprint (storytelling)
Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Keldeo EX (same art as their set releases)
Snivy
Serperior BW reprint
Virizion NV reprint
Charmander
Servine
Reshiram BW reprint (Non-Gold)
Leavanny NV reprint
Zapdos NXD reprint
Emolga DRX reprint
Thundurus EPO reprint
Zekrom BW reprint
Dewott
Tympole
Oshawott
Kirlia
Xatu (new)
Riolu
Victini EX (Set Art)
Kyurem EX (Set Art)
Moltres NXD reprint
Landorus NVI reprint
Lugia EX (Set Art)
Black Kyurem EX BCR reprint (set art)
Charmeleon
White Kyurem EX (Set Art)
Palpitoad
Zorua
Magikarp
Prinplup
Seismitoad (Round) reprint
Piplup
Sewaddle
Shuckle (Grass Type) (storytelling with Emolga)
Swadloon
Deino
Zweilous
Vulpix

EDIT: Aaaaaand ninja'd while writing this up D: At least the previous guy missed the RH thing.

what RH thing do you speak of? If you mean that there are now RHs in jap. sets, then everyone knows that, so no one missed it.

The reason we've 'missed' those cards so far is we're still waiting for Toho scans since they're so much clearer to give everyone a set overview (and for us to translate the few new cards). I've been watching the Yahoo Japan auctions going up since yesterday afternoon, so.

Oh my holy artwork, this new set is beautiful. (Reshiram, Samurott, Kyurem, Thundurus, Sigilyph, Garbodor, Gallade, and most importantly Cobalion are all fantastic.) [And they have a Xatu!]

As for the Corocoro leak, Xerneas and Yveltal were par for the course, which is disappointing, since legendaries have aspired to be something more unique ever since Gen4 (kinda Gen3). They should have gone for the Fairy/Grass on Xerneas, that way there would have been a weakness equality between the two of them. It just seems logical.

Pangoro is acceptable. I wasn't too impressed, the body seems too ill-defined and it doesn't scream Fighting-type. The cape is offputting since it is rigid, which would imply that it is formed from its flesh.

Inkay and Malimar are fantastic, although I would have preferred a different pair of eyes on Malimar. The type is great, and having Contrary being more widely dispersed is a good thing. It may even give Swagger new life if Malimar proves to be offensively designed.

Honedge's new ability, No Guard. Ha, clever, but unless that thing evolves into something with a bit more emotion I am not impressed.

Shushuppu is one of my favorites from this leak. It's getting a lot of hate, which doesn't make a lot of sense. It is a solid design with room for plenty of grand improvements in terms of evolution. It could take a route towards a plush Fairy-type flamingo, which I hope it doesn't, but would respect nonetheless. Or it could focus more on its plague-related heritage and introduce a Poison, or Dark typing which would be fantastic. It could even just move itself towards a more perfume related design and add a Grass type. Overall this is one of the better Pokemon that have been created in my opinion. It blends the new type, the emerging theme of destruction, and its history into a simple design.

That hideous pile of cotton candy, on the other hand, has no right to be considered a Pokemon. I do not like my Pokemon being edible. It is a fantasy world, which is great because I can chill with a Krabby and not have to worry about boiling it and serving it with butter, or I could raise a Miltank and not have to one day lop it into bits so I can feed my family as we struggle with today's emerging agricultural-industrial complex. However, when you make a Pokemon out of something that was designed to be eaten, such as Ice Cream or Cotton Candy, then you are hurting the illusion. There's a reason that there is no Big-Mac-mon, it would be stupid and shallow and look goofy and be completely useless, and that is exactly what we are doing with this thing. If it's design could be made a bit less derpy, and its 'stick' could be replaced with some actual appendages, then it would look alright. And if you take that new design and remove the fact that I could just bring it out and chow down on it right then and there, then you would have a solid Pokemon. You would also have the equivalent of Jumpluff or Whimsicott.

The version exclusives are a pain, they always have been. I wish there was a less painful way for Pokemon to try and extract money from my pockets. X is still the choice for me though, I'll live without Shushuppu, and Skrelp isn't a big loss. Clauncher is a boss so I'm happy, and Xerneas is still cooler than Yveltal, despite its lack of a second type. So far the biggest issue I have with X is that I'm going to be encountering that cotton candy at least once.

Citron is a pretty solid name, I hope he keeps it. Citron reminds me of citrus, which brings to mind the sunny areas that are required to grow the fruit, and the sour, and somewhat shocking flavor that the fruits possess. So you have the sun, and the photosynthetic aspects of the fruit, Helioptile, and his solar-powered back pack. You also have the sour/shock aspect of the fruit that also leads into Helioptile's typing. That is the kind of interwoven thought that I like to see.

Zakuro is going to be a dark type Gym leader I'd wager. Just because he is a rock climber doesn't mean the gym is going to be rock type. Remember that gyms now have that uselessly complex need to be related to their surroundings and vaguely their type, and there aren't too many ways you could make a Gym dark unless you actually just dim the lights. Plus we know we are going to have a Darkness-type gym, and that Gym leaders typically resemble their signature Pokemon, or their type, in some fashion. Mawile is rumored to not only be in the game, but also receive an evolution, which would mean that its counterpart, Sableye, would most likely be part of the game and receive an evolution. Since Zakuro has gems in his hair, which resemble those of Sableye, who is somewhat likely to not only be in the game, but receive an evolution, and Sableye is part dark type, it would seem likely that he is the dark type gym leader. The only thing that gives me hesitation on my claims would be that I don't know if Pokemon would like to make the dark type well...uh...dark...

And finally we have Team Flare. I like the idea of not having to 'save the world' in my Pokemon game. That's what made Team Rocket so awesome, the stakes were low, I was just a kid beating up on a group of crooks, not some ten year old facing off against Giratina in the distortion world. I honestly hope that Team Flare just keeps away from the legendaries, because I am sick of having to catch the legendary prior to the Elite 4, just because the storyline requires me to do so. That's what made the first generation (or at least their remakes) so special to me. I could beat the E4 without having to waste my time catching a legendary and whatnot, just to stop the evil team. I could be the champion without saving the world. Money is a fantastic motive, and I hope they keep it simple and keep clear from my Xerneas, because that thing ain't worth jack. As for their appearance...I give it a 7/10. The effort was made at least, but the Fire-type connotations and appearances seem a bit off putting in a game without any noticeable fire-related endgame. Team Magma had Groudon. Team Flare does not.

I have to say with pokedex and dce you could get a turn 2 120 going very consistantly with excadrill. Maybe throw down some plasma badge and a deoxys and bang!! KO. here is what I invision
Turn 1:
Excadrill as active
attach DCE to Excadrill
attach Plasma badge to Excadrill
place down Deoxys onto bench
Play Pokedex and put fighting energy as first card
Hit 50 first turn and put a fighting energy on Excadrill

Turn 2;
attach fighting Energy to excadrill and deal 130 damage (since you have deoxys down) doing 180 total (50+130 = 180)
Take 2 prizes as you laugh maniacally

Maybe play some pluspowers and lasers and just try to go for the consistent 1 shot every turn.

Team Flair's goal is slightly disappointing. I mean the villainous team's goal has always been on a bigger scale than the last. Like Rocket wanted to control one region. Then two. Then Aqua/Magma wanted to flood/dry the world. Next up with Galactic, they wanted to reborn the universe. Lastly, Plasma (at first) wanted to make the world black and white.
I hope Team Flair has a much darker ulterior motive. That seems to be the trend with these teams anyway.

scuba steveE said:
Also, it's not a lazy or bad concept, and a lot of people wanted a simple evil team with a simple evil goal. Your post came off very arrogant and know-it-all-y, which I'm guessing you didn't mean for it too, but just because you don't like the concept doesn't make it bad concept.

nonononono. Money is a very basic concept. "I want money" is a natural greed desire in everyone and that is not "evil". It's the goal for the canon fodder in many of the games, hell, it's even an issue for the player. To 'liberate' Pokemon can be taken in many different ways and you can speculate on that phrase alone however the wanting of money or wealth is...almost a given. It's like announcing that Ash wants to become the Pokemon master. Why is the money part emphasized?

It makes it sound like Team Flare is the only form of crime out there. It makes it sound like society in the Pokemon world is stable to such a degree that it takes a massive crime syndicate to dream of illegally earning money, an incredibly basic crime in comparison, which is obviously unrealistic because of the last five crime syndicates that came before. Why revert to something so simple and monotone when even having a little imagination in Pokemon you can come up with a whole array of story lines.

Simplicity is brilliant when done well but just "I want money" is a bad and cliché motivation.

DOX said:
The type is great, and having Contrary being more widely dispersed is a good thing. It may even give Swagger new life if Malimar proves to be offensively designed.
I'd like to point out that I'm pretty sure Contrary only reverse stat boosts on the possessor of Contrary, not everyone. Other than that, your post was simply perfection.

I'm disappointed EBB doesn't have any shinies... It was their last chance to make a shiny Samurott and a shiny Cobalion (there's no Metal shiny either) to complete their trios and some shiny colorless (because there's no shiny colorless card too)...

Other things I forgot to say in my previous post:
-I honestly think the evil teams looks ridiculous...
edit:btw, I could see them singing "laaaa la la la, wait till I get my money, right" lol...

-So many people complain about the vanillite line but I haven't that many complaints about the cotton candy pokemon. I have no problem with either but it makes me wonder if people in general prefer cotton candy over ice creams...

I didn't notice this on the front page, so sorry if it has already been said, but also in the Corocoro, you can get exclusive figures of Xerneas/Yveltal if you preorder the games and send in a form. The Xerneas figure is 10cm tall and Yveltal is 8cm tall. They remind me of the figures that McDonald's gave out when Black and White were released. Maybe this means that the figures will come back to McDonald's this year around November-December?

Here is the scan of the page if anyone is interested:
tvwxcgy.jpg

Delta said:
scuba steveE said:
Also, it's not a lazy or bad concept, and a lot of people wanted a simple evil team with a simple evil goal. Your post came off very arrogant and know-it-all-y, which I'm guessing you didn't mean for it too, but just because you don't like the concept doesn't make it bad concept.

nonononono. Money is a very basic concept. "I want money" is a natural greed desire in everyone and that is not "evil". It's the goal for the canon fodder in many of the games, hell, it's even an issue for the player. To 'liberate' Pokemon can be taken in many different ways and you can speculate on that phrase alone however the wanting of money or wealth is...almost a given. It's like announcing that Ash wants to become the Pokemon master. Why is the money part emphasized?

It makes it sound like Team Flare is the only form of crime out there. It makes it sound like society in the Pokemon world is stable to such a degree that it takes a massive crime syndicate to dream of illegally earning money, an incredibly basic crime in comparison, which is obviously unrealistic because of the last five crime syndicates that came before. Why revert to something so simple and monotone when even having a little imagination in Pokemon you can come up with a whole array of story lines.

Simplicity is brilliant when done well but just "I want money" is a bad and cliché motivation.

i have to agree. If this was the first ime they did it i would be cool with it, but seriously your original team even had the same motivation

CyberCat5555 said:
I didn't notice this on the front page, so sorry if it has already been said, but also in the Corocoro, you can get exclusive figures of Xerneas/Yveltal if you preorder the games and send in a form. The Xerneas figure is 10cm tall and Yveltal is 8cm tall. They remind me of the figures that McDonald's gave out when Black and White were released. Maybe this means that the figures will come back to McDonald's this year around November-December?

What's that Mewtwo in the sort of lower-right? Is that another figure you get for maybe preordering both?

Back