(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

DNA said:
Phoenix EX said:
I wonder if the 3rd game will simply be Pokemon Z...or if they'll try to milk it and make 2 of them, Pokemon XZ & Pokemon YZ. Hmm...

Wouldn't it be XX and XY?
Or am I under-thinking this one?

If for some odd reason it's called Pokemon XX, and I'm pretty sure it won't be, I can already see all the Pokemon XXX memes sprouting...

I don't know if anyone has checked out the pokemonxy.com listing for Team Flare, but one of the screenshots has a Team Flare member mentioning reviving fossils for profit. Maybe we'll have a plot like in G/S/C. where the evil team tries out several evil schemes throughout the story, each increasing in scale and magnitude?

Yeah I saw that, I wonder on the the opposite version is going to have an alternate Team opposite of Team Flare.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I honestly like all of the Pokemon more so then gen 5 so far though I liked it as well.When I first saw Malimar it kinda reminded me of Calmaramon from Digimon

I can see sequels/third version having a team of villains that goes the opposite style. Team Cool? Trying to become famous or smth? xDDDDDDDDDDd

The real question is; if the rumor about Inkay and Malamar is true, how is the anime going to cope with its evolution method?

''Ash, quick! hold your DS upside down?'' ''Uhh.. what!?''

Pokequaza said:
The real question is; if the rumor about Inkay and Malamar is true, how is the anime going to cope with its evolution method?

''Ash, quick! hold your DS upside down?'' ''Uhh.. what!?''

95 posts ago...

Lex said:
The Pokemon will probably turn upside down and evolve?

FT10 said:
I don't know if anyone has checked out the pokemonxy.com listing for Team Flare, but one of the screenshots has a Team Flare member mentioning reviving fossils for profit. Maybe we'll have a plot like in G/S/C. where the evil team tries out several evil schemes throughout the story, each increasing in scale and magnitude?
If they only want huge profits, why would they stick to one single plan?

shinysearcher said:
so, I don't know if you're being sarcastic and making fun of me. I haven't played mass effect...

I'm always sarcastic, but I was pointing out the similarities between your suggestion and the central points of Mass Effect.

Now go play Mass Effect.

Artemis said:
As much as I would love to have a more serious plotline or a more sandbox-style Pokémon game (or even both!), I don't really think it's something that GameFreak needs to do, or is even likely to do. If something isn't broken, there's no need to fix it, and with how well the games have been selling, I'm sure GF doesn't think Pokémon is broken.

The fact that something is not broken doesen't mean it can't be better, and GF knows that; that's the reason they gave B/W a more interesting story than any game before, and expanded a lot G/S's story in HGSS, and before that, added abilities, EVs, battle facilities,etc. If they didn't know that, we would still be playing "pokemon red clone with better graphics #25", but they are way behind all the other games out there.
You can see that the story in red was used as a means to limit the player's progression, and because it was customary for RPGs, the genre in which pokemon fits (albeit loosely), but pokemon, as a concept, is all about gameplay; it wasn't necessary to follow the narrative (and restrictive) thread of a story, that's why I gave the example of skyrim, which with the several stories and sidequests, and the overall spatial freedom, is practically living in the anime:

player meets person->person has problem->player helps person/problem solves itself->repeat

That way, for example, you begin with your starter (or not), walk a couple of kilometers in one direction looking for pokemon, then go back and walk more in the complete opposite way, find sidequest, do sidequest, do some main story stuff (current pokemon quality, let's not get too demanding), and then go to your place to chill with your pokemon for a while. Story is not as important as your choices in the game, how you are as a trainer.

That, or make a serious and long story where everything matters (especially your bond with your pokemons, although with pokemon amie they seem to be making the right steps) and desicions and consequences last (for example, you are the league champion but then you are not the league champion, that's infuriating).
For an example of what I'm talking about, I'll tell you the same I told shinysearcher: play Mass Effect, and be forever spoiled as of the storytelling in the pokemon series.

How is reviving fossils and selling the revived Pokémon evil at all and why should they be stopped???? ???
Did the Magikarp sellers go to jail too????

So what do you guys think will be the big news next month?

I think there will be 5 starters =o (because you have 4 rivals)

Anyone have ideas on what next months CoroCoro could entail that will be considered the "biggest scoop of the century"?

Ohman177 said:
Lex said:
So what do you guys think will be the big news next month?

I think there will be 5 starters =o (because you have 4 rivals)

That would be so cool.

Then they'd have to do something like Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock.
Which would be awesome.

J.D. said:
slashman41 said:
Then they'd have to do something like Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock.
Which would be awesome.
But that wouldn't be fair... doesn't Spock beat all four others?

Spock crushes Scissors and vaporizes Rock, but he is poisoned by Lizard and disproved by Paper.

Lizard eats Paper, but is crushed by Rock and decapitated by Scissors.

The rest is the same.

Back