(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

Phoenix EX said:
Team Flare...Team Magma...3rd Gen remakes confirmed.

*facepalms*

That might not even be the correct translation anyway.

It could actually be team Flair. Also I still smell a hidden agenda.

There was just something so charming about the Vanillite family, but this cotton candy thing of a pokemon....

DERP

Jakeremix said:
I hate the fact that, yet again, there's another new evil team... I mean, if the pokemon world really has crime syndicates in literally every single region, then they have big problems...

Having an evil team in pokemon games really shape up the storyline, and of course gave me a better reason to keep going and get stronger with my pokemon when I was a kid
*flashback*
YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS, TEAM MAGMA!!!!

Raptor9229 said:
Phoenix EX said:
Team Flare...Team Magma...3rd Gen remakes confirmed.

*facepalms*

That might not even be the correct translation anyway.

It could actually be team Flair. Also I still smell a hidden agenda.

I think it's a double pun, after all their outfits are flame based.

The more I stare at the two "grunts" the more I think of Colosseum and Miror B.

I just checked and translated Citron (from French to English) and the result was "Lemon"
I also transated ザクロ (Zakuro, obviously Japanese to English) and the result was "Pomegranate"

hmmmm... too bad Viola doesn't follow this pattern. Or is there a fruit, a plant, or a genus with her English, French or Japanese name? Can someone please search this?

Charizard3712 said:
okay I'm calling it now, the squid pokemon thing is going to be the one you flip your 3DS upside down to evolve it. You heard it here first!

I said it first >.> My reply got deleted 'cause I used caps lock but you can see some people who replied to it.

TheKeaton said:
Charizard3712 said:
okay I'm calling it now, the squid pokemon thing is going to be the one you flip your 3DS upside down to evolve it. You heard it here first!

I said it first >.> My reply got deleted 'cause I used caps lock but you can see some people who replied to it.

It's obvious anyway, guys. No need to call first.

Also, I'm just saying this now, I'm pretty sure the "cotton candy" pokemon is not based off of cotton candy... It looks like a little dog (has feet and a tail) with fluffy hair and they call it the "cotton candy" pokemon because its fluffy like cotton candy, not because it IS cotton candy.

shinysearcher said:
there is no counter or foil to creation/destruction" - I want to hypothesize that there will be a "Z-mon" based on preservation, or even control

Watch out guys, This gen we'll get the "Mass effect ending trio":

creation / Xerneas / X______destruction / Yveltal / Y______control / Zmon / Z

You can only choose one game, and whatever your choice, you only get a different color and you and everyone you care about dies horribly.

shinysearcher said:
either transforming useless or unnecessary things into new things

So, like the reapers?

shinysearcher said:
maintain stability en perfection on what seems to be perfect and balanced

Or salvation through destruction?
You may be playing a little too much Mass Effect, honey.

Who am I kidding?, you can never get too much Mass Effect.

Delta said:
scuba steveE said:
Also, it's not a lazy or bad concept, and a lot of people wanted a simple evil team with a simple evil goal. Your post came off very arrogant and know-it-all-y, which I'm guessing you didn't mean for it too, but just because you don't like the concept doesn't make it bad concept.

nonononono. Money is a very basic concept. "I want money" is a natural greed desire in everyone and that is not "evil". It's the goal for the canon fodder in many of the games, hell, it's even an issue for the player. To 'liberate' Pokemon can be taken in many different ways and you can speculate on that phrase alone however the wanting of money or wealth is...almost a given. It's like announcing that Ash wants to become the Pokemon master. Why is the money part emphasized?

It makes it sound like Team Flare is the only form of crime out there. It makes it sound like society in the Pokemon world is stable to such a degree that it takes a massive crime syndicate to dream of illegally earning money, an incredibly basic crime in comparison, which is obviously unrealistic because of the last five crime syndicates that came before. Why revert to something so simple and monotone when even having a little imagination in Pokemon you can come up with a whole array of story lines.

Simplicity is brilliant when done well but just "I want money" is a bad and cliché motivation.

Yes! so much true. Gaming has evolved a lot since the days of red/blue, and Game Freak needs to do one of two things: either acknowledge that the true strength of the pokemon franchise is pure gameplay and the variety of choices and freedom it offers, remove long storylines and do a sandbox, open world RPG with a lot of small stories and sidequests, like skyrim, or step up and do a totally awesome, really deep and balls-to-the-wall story with real character development, twists, a good/sympathethic/hated/well motivated villain that lasts a lot of time and encompasses locations, different characters, the player/trainer itself and it's pokemon.
I know Black and White represented a big jump forward for storytelling in pokemon. In pokemon. When you compare BW's story to other non-pokemon games like mass effect, tomb raider, uncharted, the zeldas (all of them) and many others (deus ex, KOTOR 1 and effin 2, portal 1-2, assassins creed, the arkham games, just off the top of my head), the storylines of the main pokemon games are like a freaking puppet show that can't even keep entertained the little kids it's aimed at.

Gaming has evolved. Ironically, pokemon has not.

Delta said:
...makes it sound like society in the Pokemon world is stable to such a degree that it takes a massive crime syndicate to dream of illegally earning money...

I always tought that's exactly what it was, That because of pokemon, common people lack many bad traits we inherently have as humans, But those who still have them, who are few, naturally gather together and form a evil syndicate. You know what they say: "it takes an A-hole to know another A-hole" okay, no one really says that, but they should.

professorlight said:
shinysearcher said:
there is no counter or foil to creation/destruction" - I want to hypothesize that there will be a "Z-mon" based on preservation, or even control

Watch out guys, This gen we'll get the "Mass effect ending trio":

creation / Xerneas / X______destruction / Yveltal / Y______control / Zmon / Z

You can only choose one game, and whatever your choice, you only get a different color and you and everyone you care about dies horribly.

shinysearcher said:
either transforming useless or unnecessary things into new things

So, like the reapers?

shinysearcher said:
maintain stability en perfection on what seems to be perfect and balanced

Or salvation through destruction?
You may be playing a little too much Mass Effect, honey.

Who am I kidding?, you can never get too much Mass Effect.

so, I don't know if you're being sarcastic and making fun of me. I haven't played mass effect...

professorlight said:
Yes! so much true. Gaming has evolved a lot since the days of red/blue, and Game Freak needs to do one of two things: either acknowledge that the true strength of the pokemon franchise is pure gameplay and the variety of choices and freedom it offers, remove long storylines and do a sandbox, open world RPG with a lot of small stories and sidequests, like skyrim, or step up and do a totally awesome, really deep and balls-to-the-wall story with real character development, twists, a good/sympathethic/hated/well motivated villain that lasts a lot of time and encompasses locations, different characters, the player/trainer itself and it's pokemon.
I know Black and White represented a big jump forward for storytelling in pokemon. In pokemon. When you compare BW's story to other non-pokemon games like mass effect, tomb raider, uncharted, the zeldas (all of them) and many others (deus ex, KOTOR 1 and effin 2, portal 1-2, assassins creed, the arkham games, just off the top of my head), the storylines of the main pokemon games are like a freaking puppet show that can't even keep entertained the little kids it's aimed at.

Gaming has evolved. Ironically, pokemon has not.

As much as I would love to have a more serious plotline or a more sandbox-style Pokémon game (or even both!), I don't really think it's something that GameFreak needs to do, or is even likely to do. If something isn't broken, there's no need to fix it, and with how well the games have been selling, I'm sure GF doesn't think Pokémon is broken.

I seem to be the only person who likes Peropuff. Poor Peropuff, I'm defo using one in a playthrough (not the first one, Sylveon is being my first-fairy type to ever use)

Charizard3712 said:

You are in no way the first person to say that the squids are Inkay/Malimar... People have made that connection ever since they've first seen them (I've only referred to them by their Japanese names once).

@guys calling team flare premise dumb:

what?? you realize we have like the simplest info about them possible right?

I'm actually excited as heck exactly because of the topic being money. Could it be that they'll point out some relevant stuff to todays situation? Something radical? I have no idea if that's even doable, but then again I didnt think they could pull anything clever off with the plasma premise either and loved it.

And wow, Delta you actually described it like it actually is. The Pokemon world is supposed to be more utopic and unlike the real world money-oriented society, so it makes perfect sense so far, at least to me.

The English names of the Pokemon revealed in CoroCoro are confirmed to be Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Swirlix, and Spritzee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJOPnT8dutc

Awesome.

Full animation of Geo-Control? Triple-plus awesome~

Yveltal's attack.... while nice I think it would look better if the screen was dark while it shows the beam shooting. Also it looks like it could have some sort of draining effect? Unlikely, but the purpley-stuff looked like it was going from Salamance to Y, with Y getting purple-glitter after the attack is over, then fading. Again, unlikely, probably just pretty effects.

Oh look, Death Wing is now Oblivion Wing

shinysearcher said:
The English names of the Pokemon revealed in CoroCoro are confirmed to be Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Swirlix, and Spritzee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJOPnT8dutc
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

Yep, he's right.
Malamar's dex entry makes me chuckle. It suggests Team Flair will be using it a lot.

I wonder if the 3rd game will simply be Pokemon Z...or if they'll try to milk it and make 2 of them, Pokemon XZ & Pokemon YZ. Hmm...

I am quite upset after watching every new addition in pokemonxy.com, just because I am now totally sure that Grant (Zakuro) will be a Rock-type Gym Leader (look at the pictures), but, on the good side, I think that the next picture shows the badge (which also confirms that it will be rock in my opinion). I like their English names though.

Phoenix EX said:
I wonder if the 3rd game will simply be Pokemon Z...or if they'll try to milk it and make 2 of them, Pokemon XZ & Pokemon YZ. Hmm...

Wouldn't it be XX and XY?
Or am I under-thinking this one?

Back