(1) Pokemon’s Big Announcement Coming via ‘Pokemon Direct’ Video Conference Tomorrow [1/7]

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
don()shinobi said:
Hey, has anybody seen this?
https://twitter.com/LegendaryPKMN/status/288417575640117248/photo/1
It's HTML code for Nintendo Direct...looks like there's going to be a Pokemon game(s?) announced for the 3DS tomorrow.

I'm not exactly one who knows much about HTML, so I can't confirm this myself, but it's definitely a glimpse of hope and excitement.

A NEW POKEMON GAME ANNOUNCED DURING NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW?! WHAT BREAKING NEWS!!

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
don()shinobi said:
It's HTML code for Nintendo Direct...looks like there's going to be a Pokemon game(s?) announced for the 3DS tomorrow.

I'm not exactly one who knows much about HTML, so I can't confirm this myself, but it's definitely a glimpse of hope and excitement.

My hopes for RSE remakes are 1000% gone now. 3DS game? (goes to store and buys one)

I am ready now!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Water Pokémon Master said:
don()shinobi said:

A NEW POKEMON GAME ANNOUNCED DURING NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW?! WHAT BREAKING NEWS!!
H-Hey, I just wanted to confirm something, no need for the sarcasm o///o
...or is it sarcasm? I dunnooooo

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah it's sarcasm. But you know, I guess I should update about it since it is true that we never knew for sure it was a 3DS game (despite it being painfully obvious).

Mitja

veteran smartass
I still cant fathom the people who seriously believe there could remotely be a realistic chance for another DS game.

Or rather believed, from the looks of that :p

Hegafire

>Disappears for months > Appears randomly
I hope that if it's a 6th Gen (which it most likely is), that they don't do the expected starter types (Fire-fighting, Plain Grass, and Plain Water), and that they do crazy combos, like Grass-flying, or Fire-Rock or something like that. P.S. I knew about Glaceon, I just wanted to see the reaction to me saying that.

Squidtepig

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I guess that's GG for people who thought that R/S remakes could be coming. (Could be wrong but eh..) Either way, I will be happy with whatever the announcement that Mr. Iwata has to offer.

Come on Dragon type Eevee evolution !!!

DXM147

Gregghead
I just feel like it would be the third B/W game, again going against the Pokémon mold. They still have to combine Black Kyurem and White Kyurem into the ultimate Dragon beast. :D

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
LDStarling said:
hmmm, seeing as this announcement is worldwide, do you think the localisation of the games will be done even quicker? so there wont be a big gap between Japanese - English releases?

Maybe not, I seem to recall BW and/or BW2 being announced shortly after they were in Japan. I would very much like to see more reasonable localization periods, though. Pokemon is very much a worldwide game, and to force the rest of the world to wait so long after is ridiculous.

cecil 090

Poke'Paladin
6th generation seems 99.99% confirmed at this point, with the Eevee hints, 3DS confirmation, and all the hype they're building up.

And as far as 6th gen itself goes, I'm going to go ahead and guess there will be 151 new pokemon. The current 649, plus 151 would leave it at a satisfying number of 800 even.

NachoMan

Aspiring Trainer
Mitja said:
I still cant fathom the people who seriously believe there could remotely be a realistic chance for another DS game.

Or rather believed, from the looks of that :p

It could've been possible. You have examine all facts.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Anything is possible. You have to ask yourself what's PROBABLE though. Remakes never were.

masterryanx

N
DXM147 said:
I just feel like it would be the third B/W game, again going against the Pokémon mold. They still have to combine Black Kyurem and White Kyurem into the ultimate Dragon beast. :D

Some things are best left to the franchise's mythos.

collinhall

Aspiring Trainer
Pokepower22 said:
Phoenix EX said:
Here's another rumor that an anonymous poster sent in to GoNintendo.com
According to GoNintendo, "...The source would like to remain anonymous. What I can say is that this source has sent in Pokemon info in the past that turned out to be true. We'll see if they're spot-on this time!"
I myself don't personally believe it, but I thought i'd post it for your amusement.

"The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It's being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you'd expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I'm not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on.

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed "at a later date". The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries."

Well that's.... interesting...Out of all the rumors, that's the one I dislike the most.What about poor Gen 5?All I can see from a Draconeon is a messed up Lumineon.

The first four generations in one? YES PLEASE

Phoenix EX

"... ..." -Red
Well it has been circulating the net and hasn't been debunked yet, so technically it is a rumor. WE know it's probably not real though; strange how other webmasters seem to jump the gun and just post it on their site as news. Mynintendonews.com has this rumor up now. Then again they're not specifically a Pokemon news site, so I don't blame them as much.