(1) Pokemon’s Big Announcement Coming via ‘Pokemon Direct’ Video Conference Tomorrow [1/7]

This has nothing to do with the subject but..., people usually say "fuse/combine Black Kyurem and White Kyurem to get the original dragon". That is wrong. You would be fusing 1 Reshiram, 1 Zekrom and 2 different Kyurem. To hypothetically get the original dragon, it could be by fusing Reshiram AND Zekrom with Kyurem (all 3 at the same time); Black Kyurem with Reshiram; or White Kyurem with Zekrom. Fusing Black Kyurem with White Kyurem (2 Kyurems in the mix) would result in something different that I don't even imagine, maybe a negative counterpart to the Original Dragon or something...

Phoenix EX said:
Well it has been circulating the net and hasn't been debunked yet, so technically it is a rumor. WE know it's probably not real though; strange how other webmasters seem to jump the gun and just post it on their site as news. Mynintendonews.com has this rumor up now. Then again they're not specifically a Pokemon news site, so I don't blame them as much.

WPM isn't just any webmaster though, he is the webmaster. :p

Water Pokémon Master said:
Those aren't RUMORS, they're fan-made lies.

Sorry to do this, but can you prove that go-nintendo's article is a fan-made lie? ( i am not counting "wait for Pokemon Direct tomorrow at 6am" as proof.)
While I won't hold my breath that "Pokemon Rainbow" will be an actual thing, you honestly can't claim that rumors won't come to fruition, without evidence.

cecil 090 said:
6th generation seems 99.99% confirmed at this point, with the Eevee hints, 3DS confirmation, and all the hype they're building up.

And as far as 6th gen itself goes, I'm going to go ahead and guess there will be 151 new pokemon. The current 649, plus 151 would leave it at a satisfying number of 800 even.
Exactly 800, huh? That would actually be pretty cool!

Cobalt said:

Sorry to do this, but can you prove that go-nintendo's article is a fan-made lie? ( i am not counting "wait for Pokemon Direct tomorrow at 6am" as proof.)
While I won't hold my breath that "Pokemon Rainbow" will be an actual thing, you honestly can't claim that rumors won't come to fruition, without evidence.
While what you say is true, there's no way to prove that it's an actual thing unless there's concrete evidence. When you hear news, assume it's fake unless there's confirmed proof. Since there's no confirmed proof, it's fake information.

don()shinobi said:
Cobalt said:
While what you say is true, there's no way to prove that it's an actual thing unless there's concrete evidence. When you hear news, assume it's fake unless there's confirmed proof. Since there's no confirmed proof, it's fake information.

In other words, it's a rumor.

Yes Cobalt, you're doing it BACKWARDS. You don't pose "rumors" and hold them true until they're debunked. They're fake until they're real - in fact, they're not even rumors because they could be made up by anyone. As I said before, these types of "rumors" have never ONCE been true. Plenty of websites, including mine, have fallen for people "revealing" insider information from "secret sauces" who have been totally convincing. Hell, there have been several instances where LEGITIMATE SOURCES who have a PERFECT RECORD of revealing info have blatantly made-up lies to get their five minutes of fame. But never once in my 10 years running this website have any "rumors" like that ever come true. Pokemon news such as this is on a need-to-know basis and you can bet most of the people at TPCi don't even know what it is yet. Again, there has never ONCE been a Pokemon game announced through unofficial means, and the types of info present in that "rumor" especially are things people have been saying since Gen III. "All the Pokemon and regions will be combined etc. etc."

Seriously. Why do we have to deal with this with every game? Look at history. Never once has it happened, and this time will be no exception. Fans are merely playing to everyone else's predictions which is why their "rumors" sound convincing. As I even put in my news story, the 3DS will probably change the way the Pokemon world is shown. So whoever made up that rumor on that other website is obviously playing to those expectations to trick you and to gain attention. And AGAIN, why is it that these rumors only pop up in expectation of an announcement? Why not beforehand? Because they're fake.

And by the way, the ONLY times I recall anyone that /speaks English/ ever revealing "insider" information /from Japan/ is me. The time I saw the Arceus movie a month ahead of time in Japan (the only foreigner who has ever had that privilege), the time I recorded the HGSS demo in Japan, the time I revealed Victini after (illegally) taking my camera into the movie theater. No English fan has access to anyone official in Japan and the officials here at TPCi who talk to the officials in Japan sure as hell wouldn't risk their careers to reveal anything about future games (and never have, as I said before - NO GAME HAS EVER BEEN REVEALED THROUGH UNOFFICIAL MEANS).

EDIT: Oh and the time PokeExperto illegally received images from an advanced copy of BW (which we also posted from them). And that, as you guys will remember, lead to Nintendo sending us a cease and desist and forcing us to remove all our BW images.

THE TIME I INTERVIEWED THE FREAKIN DIRECTOR OF THE POKEMON ANIME AND REVEALED ALL THE INFO ABOUT THE GS BALL, MISTY NEVER RETURNING TO THE SHOW, THEM SWITCHING THE GIRLS TO GIVE BOYS EYE CANDY.

Can't believe I forgot that one. :p

http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-at-anime-expo

http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

(Now I'm just showing off, hehe.)

And by the way, the ONLY times I recall anyone that /speaks English/ ever revealing "insider" information /from Japan/ is me. The time I saw the Arceus movie a month ahead of time in Japan (the only foreigner who has ever had that privilege), the time I recorded the HGSS demo in Japan, the time I revealed Victini after (illegally) taking my camera into the movie theater. No English fan has access to anyone official in Japan and the officials here at TPCi who talk to the officials in Japan sure as hell wouldn't risk their careers to reveal anything about future games (and never have, as I said before - NO GAME HAS EVER BEEN REVEALED THROUGH UNOFFICIAL MEANS).

EDIT: Oh and the time PokeExperto illegally received images from an advanced copy of BW (which we also posted from them). And that, as you guys will remember, lead to Nintendo sending us a cease and desist and forcing us to remove all our BW images.

Ah, sweet, sweet memories. It's always fun to reminisce about the past. I loved seeing the image of the Soup BW Nazi. One of my favorite memories.

Now that that is all out of the way, we can go back to watching the clock expectantly for whatever announcement comes up. Myself, I don't care if I hear about it right when it comes up or later. I also don't care that much about what it is, but that's beside the point!

Now let us move on and feast on our munchies as we wait.

Omg, I haven't posted in sucha long time.

Anyway, I'm SUPAH excited for tomorrow's announcement. Honestly, it's totally going to be the beginning of the 6th generation and they'll reveal the games and probably another eeveelution tomorrow.

I'm so excited! :D

Oh God....I just read some of my past posts. Ew i sound so ridiculous.

Cobalt said:

One user: Martijn Müller. He's the reason why WPM doesn't post any rumors without a source.

Delta Nite said:
someone ban this WPM guy, he's spamming.

/Please don't kill me.

Someone ban this Delta Nite guy, he's trying to ban WPM

New revolutionary mechanics in the 6th Gen is what will happen.

People who post that try to:
sound convincing and trick people
get some fame for around 3 days
give out there ideas while tricking people
laughing at people who believe them

Hmm.... While I do feel that perhaps maybe something great will come out of this, ever since I first received word about an " announcement" of sorts, there's always been this one part of that has felt a more... Ominous disposition from it. I just have to wonder... Are we getting our hopes up? Of course, I'm probably mistaken, but regardless, I can't help but think about it.

So, uh, regarding the announcement: will the English version be released at the same time (8 PM Japan time) on TPCi's website? Or will it only be in Japanese?

scuba steveE said:
Cobalt said:
One user: Martijn Müller. He's the reason why WPM doesn't post any rumors without a source.
A person who was legit, revealed insider Nintendo news before several times, but went to great lengths to make up BW news for us. Lied through his teeth about everything.

People lie. People want attention, even if it's on false grounds or negative. When it comes to Pokemon "rumors," this happens every single time there's expected news, and like I said, not once have any "rumors" been true. That's why people like me are here - we've been though it so many times and know what's going on. We're here for you. So please listen to us and our experience.

Back