(1) Pokemon’s Big Announcement Coming via ‘Pokemon Direct’ Video Conference Tomorrow [1/7]

I wonder if Japan and USA will have the same if not close release date like what they did with B2/W2?

I have a feeling that with the simultaneous announcement, that the release dates could be closer. I'm hoping anyway, considering all the buzz that's being built up for this reveal.

Squidtepig said:
I wonder if Japan and USA will have the same if not close release date like what they did with B2/W2?

Oh please, 4 months is not a "close" release date, that's still a fairly large gap. I'm hoping they shorten the gap to less than 1-2 months.

Okay I was gone for like 7 hours and now I have 6 whole pages to read through. This is what I've learned through these posts:

- The Announcement is way more hyped than I thought

- A 3ds game is pretty much confirmed, so that means 6th gen most likely.

- no one wants Triple Types or merging pokemon together

- PWM has me totally not believing in any "rumors" now (I never really believed in them anyways, just thought that maybe they had a grain of truth...)

- I saw a staff member with a Bidoof/Darmanitan fused pokemon (oh dear, now I really don't want fused mons D: )

well that was everything important anyways :p (sorry RS remakes, looks like you'll probably have to wait another couple years...)

Bolt the Cat said:
Squidtepig said:

Oh please, 4 months is not a "close" release date, that's still a fairly large gap. I'm hoping they shorten the gap to less than 1-2 months.

Well, I didn't import B2/W2 because I actually waited the 4 months when the games hit state side. But now that I can't due to region lock on the 3DS. I'm worried that we could be waiting longer than usual for the new Games to come out. :(

godzilla41 said:
^ i don't get the concept of region block. Why do that? honestly

I never understood that myself. -___- Nintendo feels the need to cash out on everything possible. (Considering how 3DS is doing now suppose.)

Honestly, I'll be really disappointed if it's just the game titles. Like I want the game titles, the legendary pokémon on the covers, and an eeveelution. I WANT THE 6TH GENERATION!!!! ahh im going insane.

97 guests reading this thread. EDIT: 105

o_o; Holy Alomomola.

I hope it's something good, after all this hub-bub it better be.

PokemonFreak44 said:
Honestly, I'll be really disappointed if it's just the game titles. Like I want the game titles, the legendary pokémon on the covers, and an eeveelution. I WANT THE 6TH GENERATION!!!! ahh im going insane.

I'm thinking we'll probably get that much plus maybe at least one other Pokemon (to serve as the co-star for the next movie alongside Genesect), plus maybe whatever new mechanics and such will define 6th gen. Probably not too much, but enough to get excited about. Hopefully it won't be like BW2's reveal, where all we got was the titles and Kyurem's new forms up and from then until about a month before release they didn't tell us anything else.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see the news. It conveniently starts at the same time I have to get up for school.

Bolt the Cat said:
PokemonFreak44 said:

I'm thinking we'll probably get that much plus maybe at least one other Pokemon (to serve as the co-star for the next movie alongside Genesect), plus maybe whatever new mechanics and such will define 6th gen. Probably not too much, but enough to get excited about. Hopefully it won't be like BW2's reveal, where all we got was the titles and Kyurem's new forms up and from then until about a month before release they didn't tell us anything else.

Who knows, "6thgenerationeon" could possibly be the co-star, assuming Virgil will be in the movie. I think that too many people are under the assumption that an Eeveelution announcement tonight/tomorrow is definite. Yes, we've had hints to it, but we'll see. I think we'll get mascots, titles, and maybe 1 other Pokémon.

Anyways, I have my alarm set for 2:50 AM. This is probably the most hyped Pokémon announcement...ever. That is, all at one time. I hope we're not disappointed!

I think they are going to announce the launch for the 6th generation since that has not officially been announced yet. I wonder which Pokemon will be featured and what they will look like? Can't wait for the big news tomorrow XD.:)

I hope it just isn't dissapointing If it is the Ruby and Sapphire remakes i hope we maybe get some screen shots, if the 6th gen i hope we see some evoloutions for past gens pokemon

Oh god I cant wait. It will be at 5am for me, also conveniently the time I have to wake up for school. I would be more than happy to spare 10 minutes for this occasion. ;)

I'm counting on game titles and at the very least an eeveelution silhouette, if MAYBE the game mascots. I'm also really excited to hear what the theme of the games will be this time. It obviously won't be something boring like orange or purple or anything too complicated/cliche like labradorite or amethyst.. Only a few hours will tell! :D

I myself was all for RS remakes before all of this hype and news of just how big this announcement was. I figured that GameFreak wouldn't be giving this much attention to Pokemons biggest downfall. Of course this wasn't my only reason for dumping the remake idea, though. xD

As for triple types, heck no... competitive battling is complicated enough for me as it is.. no need to make it any harder, leave some space for the kids that this franchise is targeted towards at least. I would also be against the idea of pokemon evolving a third time. I just think its unnecessary and would provide extreme overpowered pokemon in the end evolving from pokemon that were already overpowered enough (could you imagine a garchomp evolution, or scizor?) I don't even see GF really considering this. They've had it at enough with the addition of triple battles in 5th gen. I kinda wonder though, do you think some MOVES could be dual-typed? Think of scald for example.. could you see that as fire/water? This would still make everything more confusing though.
Now, what I WOULD like to see... pokemon following you again! I know it sounds lame compared to evolution and typing, but come on, hardly anyone disliked that feature. Especially if you could choose to turn it off if you wished. I would also like to see more wifi/friend interactive things, I always thought that this was one of pokemons biggest selling points.

Just out of no where, but my prediction of the starters:
Fire tiger, Grass frilled lizard type thing , Water platypus. Fire/Ground, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting. Calling it now.

I think one of three things will happen:

1) A silhouette of a next gen pokemon to be revealed with the release of the Genosect movie. (Or a full reveal.)

2) A Pokemon Stadium-esque game for the Wii U.

3) It'll be really lame and only talk about the new Mystery Dungeon game for ten minutes and then Nintendo and Gamefreak will start laughing at us once the conference ends.

*edit- If the Pokemon Rainbow rumors are true (doubtful) I will never have a real social life once the game is released.

For some reason I get the feeling it's going to be one tidbit of information that's not going to satisfy anyone. XD

I think we will see the logos and the cover legendaries... And if we're lucky, even a few seconds of gameplay!

Back