(1) Pokemon’s Big Announcement Coming via ‘Pokemon Direct’ Video Conference Tomorrow [1/7]

Those are the English logos. The Japanese ones have the DNA design. They're linked in the main news post.

DNA, there is DNA!

Rf9B4.jpg

Whats up with you people, there is clearly a chromosome/DNA thing goin on. Not just are there clearly DNA-strands in the logos, but heck it seems like the X legend has DNA bases represented by colors in its antlers LOL.

I don't even see what the point would be of x and y representing dimensional directions, since there is barely anything you can do with that in plot/lore/creatures/whatever..

Oh, huh. Helices in the new logos. Now I can make jokes about me and the new games.

signofzeta said:
With all the X and Y and chromosomes and such, all I can think of is FUSION HA.
That was Black/White 2, remember?

It will have references to DNA and the XYZ planes in my opinion. Will there be more fusion pokemon like there was in B2/W2? Maybe. If they do implement a fusion mechanic again, I hope they change it enough so that it doesn't seem boring.

Mitja said:
I don't even see what the point would be of x and y representing dimensional directions, since there is barely anything you can do with that in plot/lore/creatures/whatever..

X,Y,Z in a 3D world where the Z Pokemon comes from another dimension! :eek:

Water Pokémon Master said:
Yes, as I posted on the front page hours ago. -_-

Do people not ready ma stories? :p

I take a minimalist approach to new announcements. I tend to spoil myself as little as possible. That's why I didn't notice the Japanese logos. But...huh, interesting. More jokes for me to make!

You mean this dimension?

Teal said:
DNA, there is DNA!

Rf9B4.jpg

Yes, as I posted on the front page hours ago. -_-

Do people not ready ma stories? :p

I MO its more annoying that every few posts someone says DNA has nothing to do with the titles, rather than someone posting the pic that clearly shows it does ;)

Mitja said:

I guess that Pokemon from another dimension will be the thing this Generation, it's definitley hinted when major Pokemon officials say things like "Pokemon is entering a new dimension" or something like that.
Hmm I wonder if Giratina would count as one of these Pokemon, he is from another dimension after all.

Phoenix EX said:

I guess that Pokemon from another dimension will be the thing this Generation, it's definitley hinted when major Pokemon officials say things like "Pokemon is entering a new dimension" or something like that.
Hmm I wonder if Giratina would count as one of these Pokemon, he is from another dimension after all.

The Pokemon will probably be a dragon, unless Pokemon Y is. They all have to do with some European mythology and the tree of life, and there are the inhabitants, a deer (Pokemon X), an eagle (most likely Pokemon Y) and a dragon.

Phoenix EX said:

Z wouldn't be another dimension... Our world already has three planes.

D.N.A said:
Phoenix EX said:

Z wouldn't be another dimension... Our world already has three planes.

Well, maybe there would be a fourth, W legendary that comes from the fourth dimension :rolleyes:

afaik, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, our fourth dimension is time... Palkia and Dialga have already taken care of the dimensions department...

I don't think so, I think it is just an incomprehendable spacial dimension that us humans cant know or explain, but its not time. http://phys.org/news/2012-04-physicists-abolish-fourth-dimension-space.html

but whatever, it's pokemon for petes sake

Metalizard said:
afaik, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, our fourth dimension is time... Palkia and Dialga have already taken care of the dimensions department...

Time is not a fourth spatial dimension in the way you go from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3.

A fourth dimension would enable you to get out of a box by going 'around' any of its walls, see around corners, make knots impossible and stuff in that direction depending on a number of hows/whos/wheres/whys and whats xDD...

I read a bit of that article... why call it spacetime, then? Also, I never thought of time as a spacial dimension. I always thought something like this: there are 3 spacial dimensions (usually represented by x,y,z) and then there's time, which is its own dimension. But the four together make the "fabric of reality" that is our universe or something like that (That's kinda the concept on which Dialga and Palkia were based, I think). Maybe i'm confusing aspects. I've always been interested in astronomy and theories regarding time but I'm not an expert on it (I didn't even had good grades on Physics while I was in school). I need to update myself on these subjects.

the 4th dimension is time :p

1D is a simple line (left to right)
2D is a square (left, right, up, down)
3D is a cube (left, Right, Up, Down, Forward, Backwards)
4D is time

at least, that's how I was taught.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
the 4th dimension is time :p

1D is a simple line (left to right)
2D is a square (left, right, up, down)
3D is a cube (left, Right, Up, Down, Forward, Backwards)
4D is time

at least, that's how I was taught.

More like

Space:
Time:

The 3 spacial dimensions are all the same equivalent thing, simply perpendicular to the other 2.
Time is not even...the same "thing", nor does it have a direction you can point a vector at.

A fourth dimension would logically be a fourth direction thats perpendicular to the other 3, which obviously isn't simple to imagine due to our world being 3D.

Back