(1) Lugia-EX, Colress Machine, Plasma Energy from ‘Plasma Gale’ Revealed! [8/10]

I never saw Rotom as a Legendary and I don't why anyone would think he is. IMO, I just think he's one of the few Pokés who's a little bit harder to get than the average Pokémon. Much like Spiritomb or Zorua. Much like Zorua/Zoroark he has this specific thing not any other Pokémon has. However that does not make him a Legendary by any means. Just a little bit more special.
Also looking for conformation on whether he is or isn't a legendary is pretty stupid. A Pokémon is legendary when TPCi says so. They don't have to say for any Pokémon whether they're a legendary or not.

On another more on topic note, I'd like to give the EX and shiny guessing a try:
Lugia EX
Virizion EX; My guess is that they will try to do the B&W Legendaries first.
Thundurus EX; As said B&W Legendaries first.
Suicune EX; Last of the dog trio.

Shinies:
Samurott Ability
Eviolite

I think those will definitely be in there.
Other possiblities might be:
Meloetta EX; Cobalion EX; Genesect EX maybe bring in the other Legendary birds?
Shiny Charchomp, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Vileplume, Shiny Sigiliph.

I like the idea of this card, and how balanced it is. It hits hard at the beginning and begins to fizzle out. It's cool P!P is printing things with drawbacks, to make them not completely broken. I'm glad SP Pokemon are back, hallelujah!
To hop on the EX/Shiny guessing bandwagon, I'm going to go with:
EX's:
-Virizon
-Genesect
-Heatran
-Articuno
-Arceus
-Thundurus
Shinies:
-Garchomp
-Garbodor
-Luxray ND

Lugia EX is really balanced, and could be run in a lot of decks to take the place of Tornadus EX. Same weakness, same resistance, better HP, better attacks, better ability.

My Guesses:
EX:
Lugia (Obviously)
Thundurus-T
Regirock
Articuno

Shiny:
Samurott
Hydreigon
Bicycle

Victini EX anyone? I think it deserves it considering Keldeo has already been done. How about an ability that lets you reflip trainers and supporters to boot :p

NoDice said:
Victini EX anyone? I think it deserves it considering Keldeo has already been done. How about an ability that lets you reflip trainers and supporters to boot :p

VICTINI WOULD MAKE SENSE!

Team Plasma was trying to catch it in Black and White on Liberty Island!

daoneandonly said:
Also looking for conformation on whether he is or isn't a legendary is pretty stupid. A Pokémon is legendary when TPCi says so. They don't have to say for any Pokémon whether they're a legendary or not.

On another more on topic note, I'd like to give the EX and shiny guessing a try:
Lugia EX
Virizion EX; My guess is that they will try to do the B&W Legendaries first.
Thundurus EX; As said B&W Legendaries first.
Suicune EX; Last of the dog trio.

Shinies:
Samurott Ability
Eviolite

I think those will definitely be in there.
Other possiblities might be:
Meloetta EX; Cobalion EX; Genesect EX maybe bring in the other Legendary birds?
Shiny Charchomp, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Vileplume, Shiny Sigiliph.

It is necessary when it's status is in dispute but I digress.

I think Thunderus will be in here since we've already gotten Landorus and Tornadus. Likewise for Suicune. Not sure why you think Virizion over Cobalion (maybe both? IDK)... I doubt Genesect will be in here. But if he is, it'll be a nice surprise... And it would make sense on the same line as Mewtwo making sense being a Rocket Pokemon.

thematteo0 said:
EX's for this set.

Basculin [Red Forme EX]
Basculin [Blue Forme EX]
and some other ones
Y not :D
maybe Magikarp and Feebas Weddle and Caterpie to top it off and the shiny will be hooligans jim and cas

Here's my guess for the ACE SPEC card.

Team Plasma's Ambition-Trainer

Flip 2 coins if both are heads you can attack a 2nd time, if one is tails your turn ends.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn

Setosama said:
VICTINI WOULD MAKE SENSE!

Team Plasma was trying to catch it in Black and White on Liberty Island!
Victini would make sense, but since Lugia is a Plasma Pokémon I'm not sure whether is has to make sense. Victini EX would be really awesome though.

Setosama said:
I think Thunderus will be in here since we've already gotten Landorus and Tornadus. Likewise for Suicune. Not sure why you think Virizion over Cobalion (maybe both? IDK)... I doubt Genesect will be in here. But if he is, it'll be a nice surprise... And it would make sense on the same line as Mewtwo making sense being a Rocket Pokemon.
It has been said by another person in this thread, but I'm not sure who this was again. He said since Cobalion is more like the leader of the 3, he'd go in as last. But getting Virizion EX and Cobalion EX in the same set could also be very likely. Add Vicitini EX with the bunch I mentioned and you have a nice spread of older and newer Pokémon EXes with all different types. So that'd make the list

Lugia EX (Colorless)
Virizion EX (Grass)
Suicune EX (Water)
Victini EX (Fire)
Thundurus EX (Electric)
Cobalion EX (Metal)

EX cards:
Lugia
Suicune
Uxie
Latias

Shiny UR:
Venusaur (Dark Rush)
Charizard (Freeze Bolt)
Blastoise (Cold Flare)

That´s at least what I´m hoping for.

Dracidius said:
Shiny UR:
Venusaur (Dark Rush)
Charizard (Freeze Bolt)
Blastoise (Cold Flare)

I bet these shinies will come some day but I don't think it will be the next set.
They still have to do the Samurott first If they want to have all shinies of the Stage 2 BW Starters.

Dracidius said:
Shiny UR:
Venusaur (Dark Rush)
Charizard (Freeze Bolt)
Blastoise (Cold Flare)

That would be so thoroughly epic; I hope it happens. However, Samurott's probably going to come first, so...we might have to hold off on that triple shiny dream.

Setosama said:
Ok, THIS is the part that gets me: WHERE is it officially confirmed?! Where? o_O

It was officially confirmed Via the Pokémon.com Mailbag section to NOT be a legendary unfortunately when they recently updated the Pokémon website they removed the Mailbag section.

I have a link that discusses the Mailbags official stance and also talks about some of the things you mentioned as well.

Is Rotom Legendary?

Dracidius said:
EX cards:
Lugia
Suicune
Uxie
Latias

Shiny UR:
Venusaur (Dark Rush)
Charizard (Freeze Bolt)
Blastoise (Cold Flare)

thats what im hoping for too :p

let me just say this, as soon as lugia ex comes out i bet everyone will make a deck around it, i smell a BLS deck remake. hey everybody let's all play a over powered deck like everyone else, just like when luxchomp was in the format. not to sound rude or anything but that's what i see now a days. everyone play's the same deck, having no ideas of there own, only the strongest deck lives. but i digress

I think the reason Lugia is an EX in the Plasma set is because Lugia can typically be seen as a legendary that can either be corrupted or possibly sought after by corrupted people.

I believe there will be multiple Plasma sets and the theme will possibly be centered around the idea of corruption. Its also possible that they have a counter set with the "hero" type legendaries or even have half of the EX's within the set follow this theme.

For Plasma, we could maybe get Heatran, Palkia, Dialga, Zapdos, Moltres, Victini, Genesect and possibly Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

For a "hero" set, I'm sure we might see Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Suicune, Cobalion, Virizion and maybe Manaphy.

There are 34 Legendaries left, counting all the forms, but excluding Arceus' forms and Geneset's forms. I'll bet they do all of them.
That's my take on this lol I could be completely wrong though.

It's already confirmed that we're getting an Articuno EX (it's looks like a plasma card too) so I think we can eliminate zapdos from the equation for this set...

yeah we did, and Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem were all in NXD, but I just don't think that there gonna put more than one bird in this set, considering we already have Lugia, their leader.

Back