(1) Jump Festa Reveals Shocking New DS Pokemon Game: 'Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition' [

EDIT: Yeah it looks like a 3-D Mystery Dungeon, of course Mystery Dungeon came from the idea of that game so it is no surprise.

...We're really this far in hardware and software advancements and the 3-D models still look that bad? I hope the gameplay will be good enough to make me forget about them. ;)

ArchedThunder said:
No, it's a genre, and Nobunaga's Ambition has been around longer than Final Fantasy Tactics.

For us Final Fantasy II and III were the ones that everyone played for the Super Nintendo. In our Neck of the woods so to speak it would be a take off in our area and part of the world. Since Final Fantasy plays a big part in our Continent Final Fanasy would be the closest one to compare this one too. That is why I compared this game to those games XD. Sorry if I confused anyone XD.:)

xxashxx said:
For us Final Fantasy II and III were the ones that everyone played for the Super Nintendo. In our Neck of the woods so to speak it would be a take off in our area and part of the world. Since Final Fantasy plays a big part in our Continent Final Fanasy would be the closest one to compare this one too. That is why I compared this game to those games XD. Sorry if I confused anyone XD.:)

Final fantasy is a turn based RPG.
This is a Tactical RPG.
Two completely different genres.

ArchedThunder said:
Final fantasy is a turn based RPG.
This is a Tactical RPG.
Two completely different genres.
Actually, to be more specific, those two Final Fantasy games that he mentioned (When released in America, IV became II and VI became III) aren't exactly turn-based; they're real time, just like a lot of the recent FInal Fantasy games, and most of the main series ones in general. Turn-based is not real time. Turn-based is like the Pokémon games we all know and love, but real time is (usually) when meters fill up. When a certain character's meter fills up (or even partially, like in Final Fantasy XIII), then that character can perform an attack, though you have limited time to, since the battle is going on in real time; the bad guys simply aren't going to wait for you to do something, they're gonna pummel you as fast as their programming allows them to. My guess is that he's referring to the tactical RPG Final Fantasy games, which is the Final Fantasy Tactics series for the Playstation, GBA, and DS, which are indeed turn-based.

Okay so I didn't feel like reading through all nine pages, so someone may have already said something about this: but Nonbunaga has 17 castles- isn't that the amount of pokemon types? And while I'm not one who can rattle off every pokemon's types, I'm pretty sure that Jigglypuff, Articuno, Groudon, Mewtwo, and Zekrom all have different base types (Normal, Ice, Ground, Physic and Lightning).
My theory is that each of the boushou(sp) are 'Guardians' of some sort of the castles, each of the 17 castles having s specific type. Past that I'm not sure what will happen, but I feel like that may be the start.
And then for it being "Ancient" but having Mewtwo- its probably alt. world/parallel universe type deal and not meant to be taken in as canon. Just my thoughts.
Looks like a very neat game, though.

There are 18 Pokémon types.

I'm assuming Normal is not included in the 17 towers or whatever because the main character and his significant other both have Normal type Pokémon.

Spammy said:
There are 18 Pokémon types.

I'm assuming Normal is not included in the 17 towers or whatever because the main character and his significant other both have Normal type Pokémon.

There are only 17. However, there is a the ???-type, wich would make 18. The only Pokemon of this type is a hacked Arceus that uses it's ability. The only ???-type move is curse, though it was changed to Ghost-type in Generation 5. It is possible for 17 castles for the 17 types, as ???-type

Well umm, this is err, sorta, kinda, durr, what? I'm sorry but, I just don't know what to think of this game. If I could have a little more info on "Nobunaga's Ambition", what is it rated? Is it too "mature" for kids if it comes to the U.S. somehow? If it is, I probably won't be getting it... I wouldn't be allowed. I was kinda hoping for like a "My Pokemon Ranch: Black & White" or something. (My Black Version's PC boxes are gonna explode any minute now:D) Lets just hope that this game doesn't make a turn for the worse and that Coro Coro announces Pokemon Gray Version instead of this. But is it seriously called "Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition?:p

I swear if Nintendo does not release this in NA there will be hell to pay. They can expect a very angry letter from me with plenty of frowny faces on it. This game looks to BA to not make an international release of it.

So was Miles Edgeworth 2, but we didn't get it.

Cris said:
I swear if Nintendo does not release this in NA there will be hell to pay. They can expect a very angry letter from me with plenty of frowny faces on it. This game looks to BA to not make an international release of it.

> Hell to Pay
> Angry Letter
> Frowny Faces

NAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This isn't groundbreaking or too impressive, I don't think Nintendo got the reactions it was hoping for here. The people in support of it don't seem to realize just what's going on with this crossover, and how it might effect both games.

We're not thinking Pokemon here guys.
We're thinking Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition, along with all the characters from it that have had appearances in other games.

Queen Excel said:
This isn't groundbreaking or too impressive

neither was bw, and it was awesome

Queen Excel said:
I don't think Nintendo got the reactions it was hoping for here.

where do you get this impression

Queen Excel said:
The people in support of it don't seem to realize just what's going on with this crossover, and how it might effect both games.

yes we do, and we are perfectly aware it could suck

Queen Excel said:
We're not thinking Pokemon here guys.

what

Queen Excel said:
We're thinking Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition, along with all the characters from it that have had appearances in other games.

and...?

don()shinobi said:
Actually, to be more specific, those two Final Fantasy games that he mentioned (When released in America, IV became II and VI became III) aren't exactly turn-based; they're real time, just like a lot of the recent FInal Fantasy games, and most of the main series ones in general. Turn-based is not real time. Turn-based is like the Pokémon games we all know and love, but real time is (usually) when meters fill up. When a certain character's meter fills up (or even partially, like in Final Fantasy XIII), then that character can perform an attack, though you have limited time to, since the battle is going on in real time; the bad guys simply aren't going to wait for you to do something, they're gonna pummel you as fast as their programming allows them to. My guess is that he's referring to the tactical RPG Final Fantasy games, which is the Final Fantasy Tactics series for the Playstation, GBA, and DS, which are indeed turn-based.

I was referring to the ones for the Super Nintendo SNES. FF II and FFIII were the set off platformers that actually got the series going in America. FF III was th2nd sequel to FF II which FF III actually was sort of based on but initially set off the bomb in America and then it boomed when the others followed. So if you think about it FF II & FFIII were actually the ones that were the starter games and it looks like this new RPG is like those games in a way if you think about it XD.:)

I think people have mentioned this before, but my only issue, is that mewtwo is in it...hows that you may ask? Celebis :p

No in all seriousness, bout freakin time we go an awesome new spin-off game...but i really wanted MOAR Mystery Dungeon games, those kicked ass...

or Pokemon Grey or Pokemon R/S/E remakes...

Starboard Driger said:
neither was bw, and it was awesome

where do you get this impression

yes we do, and we are perfectly aware it could suck

what

and...?

Black and White was actually rather impressive right from the start. I liked it a lot~

and I don't think you seem to pay attention to the fact that this game probably can't get too accurate. I feel Pokemon isn't going to get darker, but rather they're going to turn the Nobunaga's Ambition story lighter.

but regardless, if we do get it in english I might get it, but I'm waiting for more info. This would have been so much nicer if it wasn't a crossover.

Queen Excel said:
and I don't think you seem to pay attention to the fact that this game probably can't get too accurate. I feel Pokemon isn't going to get darker, but rather they're going to turn the Nobunaga's Ambition story lighter.

I've read this over multiple times, and I still don't know what this could possibly mean.

Back