(1) Jump Festa Reveals Shocking New DS Pokemon Game: 'Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition' [

I've been waiting for an offical pokemon crossover! But this game has me worried and sicted. How will pokemon inculde the norms of pokemon (collecting pokemon, badges, bad guys)? But battling in olden days Japan in an army! But not just any army, an army with POKEMON!!!! :D
But why DS? Will Game freak and the other company work toghter or just one company?
Over all, I this is a great idea and will hopefully be done will. :)

How will pokemon inculde the norms of pokemon (collecting pokemon, badges, bad guys)?
Collecting badges and such only apply to the main-series titles. Spinoffs are usually exempt from standards like these. I think we should just wait and see, really.

I know this game could epicly fail...but I know it could epicly succeed instead.

You all know for sure how we'll know if this will get released in the US? If it's announced by E3 2012. If it's not announced before E3 2012, and it's not revealed at E3 2012, then we'll know.

Quaz Quaraz Quaz Quaz [You don't have to read this]

I can't really say much about this game. Having Pokemon and a franchise I don't know together seems kinda weird. I will probably investigate more about Nobunaga's Ambition.

But by looking at the pictures and the video, I think this could at least have decent success, enough for it to hang on.
Don't get me wrong, I think GF and Nintendo did good by trying something different, but keeping the same Pokemon feeling...Well, not exactly same, but at least they still don't...die and just faint? I also like the idea from taking place in old/ancient Japan. :3

If it has international releases, I might as well try it. I would also like to know more about this... Specially more of the story, but I will also avoid spoilers. Raise your toasts!

@zoroarkmaster btw the symobl for triforce is actually the Mon (japanese coat of arms) of a 16th century Japanese clan called the Hojo. Here look it up: http://totalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Hojo_Clan
This is gonna be awesome. I first got into the Sengoku Period (1545-1600 in Japan) when Creative Assembly came out with Shogun 2: Total War. I love Total War games <3

Just like with Mystery Dungeon, this is probably an attempt to boost a (comparatively) obscure series by riding on Pokémon's coattails. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course...

I'm going to bet that this game WILL make it to western shores. I don't think Nobunaga's Ambition will catch on outside of this though, just as Mystery Dungeon has never caught on when there isn't the Pokémon name attached to it.

Ophie said:
I'm going to bet that this game WILL make it to western shores. I don't think Nobunaga's Ambition will catch on outside of this though, just as Mystery Dungeon has never caught on when there isn't the Pokémon name attached to it.
Going off this...I was actually completely unaware that there was an actual "mystery dungeon" genre, even after Pokemon popularized it. (I didn't know for a couple months, actually, until I did some snooping around and found out myself.)

This crossover could also be seen as an educational tool to alert people about what Nobunaga's Ambition is exactly. Maybe.

Back