(1) Jump Festa Reveals Shocking New DS Pokemon Game: 'Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition' [

zoroarkmaster said:
Brb must change pants.
icwutudidthar
moving on
~~~

Without watching the video (as I don't really use or like videos, because I feel like it might spoil stuff for me), I look at all the screenshots for when I get back, and I must say, I'm already more intrigued than I was when this article first came up - and I was already pretty stoked back then.

It might be just me, but the battlefields almost look similar to those in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, or is that just me...? Either way, I could definitely see that as an interesting game engine.

I'm not exactly sure why this game is receiving hate from people. Think about it: Pokemon hasn't done anything like this before. This shows that they aren't afraid to step out of their comfort zone and try new things. Pokemon Black/White was a start to that - they introduced a really nice plotline and some interesting characters to go with it, such as the legendary hero story, and the characters N and Ghetsis, arguably two of the most dynamic characters this franchise has ever seen. (We got Cheren, Bianca, and Juniper, three terrible and annoying people, to go along with it, but take the good with the bad, I suppose.)

This game is definitely a step in the right direction. I've always been a fan of crossover elements and I know a lot of older fans are as well. This game is trying to appeal more to the older generation, which is a GREAT move on Pokemon's part - after all, we stuck with them when it first started out, and we've carried along with them despite all the stupid things they've done, because we enjoy the games for what they are. Yet we don't just like the same old repetitive things either - we want to see something more, something outside the box. This game I believe does that.

Right now I'm pretty optimistic about this game, although whether Pokemon will follow through on our expectations...that remains to be seen, but I'd love to see what happens.

So come on, Tajiri. Wow me with everything you have!

xxashxx said:
Wow this game looks pretty cool. However it is actually a take off of the Final Fantasy games if you think about it. The reason I am brining this up is because in those games you have to select certain characters or parties to attack or fight or heal. Also the 20 HP is restore is direct from those games too. Sounds like a direct take off of their games. I have a funny feeling that they will bomb the game on this one. Which means when it is released they might get sued XD.:)
No, it's a genre, and Nobunaga's Ambition has been around longer than Final Fantasy Tactics.

*reads the new article* Deedee deedee deedee... New game... Deedee deedee deedee... Ancient setting... Deedee deedee deedee... Different mechanics... Deedee deedee deedee... Wait wait WAAAAIT!! BY THE LIGHT OF ARCEUS, WE START OUT WITH EEVEE?! ... I'm so getting this game... Whether it comes over seas or not, I'm GETTING THIS GAME! /Eeveelutioncraze

Ahem... I like the idea of this game. Blending Pokemon with something a little more "serious" is a twist that definately has captured my attention for sure (and that's not just my Eeveelution addiction talking)! I look forward to hearing more as it nears release time, whenever that is...

Very interesting concept, the only flaw is Mewtwo being in the game since it was created by Team Rocket. Time travel would obviously have to be involved with how Mewtwo is able to be in this Feudal Japan setting of Nobunaga's Ambition so I'm guessing Celebi or Dialga gave Mewtwo a ride to the past.

As was stated earlier, this is a crossover game. There is no requirement to adhere to previously established canon.

That's part of its charm, really.

Card Slinger J said:
Very interesting concept, the only flaw is Mewtwo being in the game since it was created by Team Rocket. Time travel would obviously have to be involved with how Mewtwo is able to be in this Feudal Japan setting of Nobunaga's Ambition so I'm guessing Celebi or Dialga gave Mewtwo a ride to the past.

Or he is an ever growing powerful Psychic Pokemon who learns the ability all his own. Or this game is in a alternate universe where Mewtwo is simply another legendary.

Am I the only one here that thinks this announcement is absolute garbage?

I'd sooner take a Pokemon Box sequel over this. Nintendo needs to get the memo. No real Pokemon sequel/3rd version/remake, no Pokemon Snap 2, no console Pokemon adventure, no Pokemon MMO = NO CARE

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Am I the only one here that thinks this announcement is absolute garbage?

I'd sooner take a Pokemon Box sequel over this. Nintendo needs to get the memo. No real Pokemon sequel/3rd version/remake, no Pokemon Snap 2, no console Pokemon adventure, no Pokemon MMO = NO CARE
A lot of people are liking this game. This game is going to sell very well. It appeals to a more hardcore crowd. There is no Memo for Nintendo to get, they are doing something new and interesting with Pokemon and appealing to a more mature audience . Besides it isn't like Gamefreak is loosing dev time on this game, they aren't making it.

When I first started reading the article, I was like "What the heck is this!?", but that soon turned into "OMG THIS SOUNDS SO COOL!!!". Something I've always wondered is what was the pokemon world like in the past and I'm hoping this game will give some insight even though it's spinoff game. Also, I'm a big fan of Tactical RPGs and JRPGs, so I'm definitely playing this

Amazing. Nintendo just realized that people that have been playing this since 1996 deserved some love. Hope we get more 'mature' Pokémon games (even spinoffs) from now on.

And I'm sooooo glad I'll be able to play this in my good and old NDS lite :D

I don't get why so many people just love this game...

At the moment I saw the big picture of the characters, I knew I will hate this game. It just looks horrible.

Where are the Pokemon games I know? What happened to Nintendo? Are remakes and third version not enough for you?

DNA said:
(We got Cheren, Bianca, and Juniper, three terrible and annoying people, to go along with it, but take the good with the bad, I suppose.)

I actually thought Cheren was a great character. Bianca on the other hand...

PLance said:
I don't get why so many people just love this game...

At the moment I saw the big picture of the characters, I knew I will hate this game. It just looks horrible.

Where are the Pokemon games I know? What happened to Nintendo? Are remakes and third version not enough for you?
Can't tell if troll...

(Spock Prime Star Trek universe voice) : fascinating....

I will wait until theres more info before i decide to buy this but I like what i see so far.

This game really looks great, let the haters hate, but they're not changing my opinion. I only played my first Fire Emblem game yesterday (3DS Ambassador) and this looks just like it XD
I really hope this game gets localized and that it's mature...that'd be awesome.
When the trailer guy says 'yoimageru' I immediately thought of Digimon Frontier XD

whats with everyone loving this game and if someone doesn't they are trolling? guess I'm a troll then cause this looks awful :\

skaterpunkdan said:
whats with everyone loving this game and if someone doesn't they are trolling? guess I'm a troll then cause this looks awful :\

You're probably just not used to the genre. I've only played minutes of games like this (Fire Emblem, Bleach) but this looks like it will be amazing! Don't judge a book by it's cover and keep watching updates for this game.

Darkness Generation said:
You're probably just not used to the genre. I've only played minutes of games like this (Fire Emblem, Bleach) but this looks like it will be amazing! Don't judge a book by it's cover and keep watching updates for this game.

Nah I've played several turn based rpg's on the ds before and other consoles and i do like them but a Pokemon version just doesn't interest me whatsoever i don't know if its because of the art style of Pokemon just doesn't suit this type of game IMO

skaterpunkdan said:

I was referring to the way the other person worded his post. Also I'm glad you can make that conclusion when we know very little about this game.

This is probably the last thing anyone here expected... I think it looks like something I'll have to keep my eye on. I don't know what possessed the Pokemon company to cross these two over, but at best it looks better than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Back