(1) Jump Festa Reveals Shocking New DS Pokemon Game: 'Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition' [

I don't know about this as a game, but if they wanted to make an adult-themed Pokemon anime, I would love this as that! Inuyasha meets Pokemon, sorta...

^ Weren't they making a slightly more adult themed manga? I remember something like that from forever ago...

There's multiple reasons why this game could completely suck, but multiple reasons why it wouldn't. Guess we hafta wait and see :I

It would be pretty cool if they did make it a little adult themed~
Pokémon adventures is a brilliant manga though, far better than the anime in my opinion. ^^

Hey, on the official site, if you click on the button thing on the bottom left, it takes you to a part of the site that says something about the 3DS (I would read the characters but I haven't learned those yet). Anybody who can?

edit: This:
txt_01.png

2 versions and one will be for the 3DS? All I know is a couple characters, but remember how earlier this year there was an announcement (Ken Sugimori or somebody like that said it) that there would be a way for the 3DS and DS to connect? Well yeah.

What is this I don't even?

Gotta say, I never would've seen this coming. This sounds really cool, actually. I can't wait to find out more about it.

i dont really like this that much . seems kinda mystery dungun but intreging . cant wait thought

This looks so awesome. However, I hope there's a way you can collect all the Pokemon and use them. If you were stuck with that Eevee the whole game, than the fight with Zekrom will be pretty wack. However, this just looks sooo epic.

Starboard Driger said:
^ Weren't they making a slightly more adult themed manga? I remember something like that from forever ago...

There's multiple reasons why this game could completely suck, but multiple reasons why it wouldn't. Guess we hafta wait and see :I
It came out, it's called Pokemon Reburst and it is horrible.

This is certainly interesting. I never expected a crossover with some game series I'm sure isn't in English. The game just sounds odd. I've always thought a Pokemon game set hundreds of years in the past would be cool, but now that we are actually going to get one; I'm kind of disappointed. I am glad that GF is trying something new, and this game seems like it could be cool, but I really hope they don't change the gameplay too much. I have mixed feelings and want to know more.

This is really unexpected, that's for sure.
But I don't really like other games besides Pokémon and a crossover with another franchise that I don't know at all doesn't help either. However, I give it the merit of being a different approach. Still, I'll probably just wait for Grey unless Pokémon plays a bigger role than the other franchise...

I am so confused. Am looking forward to seeing more details on this game though, I get the feeling I will be buying it.

Now where's Pokemon Gray???

Water Pokémon Master said:
I don't know about this as a game, but if they wanted to make an adult-themed Pokemon anime, I would love this as that! Inuyasha meets Pokemon, sorta...

Awww, come on; if you're going to pick an adult-themed anime to cross Pokémon with, don't pick something as terrible as Inuyasha. There are plenty better older-audience anime shows that could serve as a much more enjoyable inspiration. :p

That said, this game looks pretty cool. I'd never heard of this series before, but I do enjoy tactical games, and the theme looks really intriguing. I'm glad they've decided to branch Pokémon games out a bit from the norm. I really hope this gets an international release as I'd love to play it.

Weird! Will be interested to see how this turns out and if they bring it to the states. Not my kind of game but...I'm willing to try anything that has pokemon in it :p

So was this the new game thats supposed to get announced next month, and is the surprise announcement? I won't be getting this game if it comes to the United States. :(

I love mystery dungeon, so this will be great! Looks like the trailers show your not stuck with Eevee the entire game :D. I hope you can get Zekrom :D! Even though this isn't the main storyline, it goes towards my theory that there are more than one Zekrom. In the anime, the Zekrom Ash sees in BW1 was different from the one in M14 because the one in M14 has been sleeping in a cave for thousands of years. Also, this epic samurai guy Nobunaga is the second trainer (will they be called trainers in this?) with Zekrom (after the kid in Re-Burst). Is Nobunaga the main charicter in the series? Zekrom seems to be getting more popular than Reshiram :D!!!

Wow this game looks pretty cool. However it is actually a take off of the Final Fantasy games if you think about it. The reason I am brining this up is because in those games you have to select certain characters or parties to attack or fight or heal. Also the 20 HP is restore is direct from those games too. Sounds like a direct take off of their games. I have a funny feeling that they will bomb the game on this one. Which means when it is released they might get sued XD.:)

I think that this was definitely an interesting move on Pokemon's part. For starters, Nobunaga's Ambition is a game that is not on America's market, for what I can tell, and, if it is, it's not very well known. Plus, in America's market, there isn't much place for turn-based RPG's of that style, with the fast-paced of the likes of Call of Duty, Halo, Skyrim, and other quick games. Now, I know that this game is coming out in Japan, so the logical question is, "why am I bringing America into this, it's a Japanese game?". Well, because America is a huge part of Pokemon's market. So, deciding to pair with a game practically unheard of in America might not have been Japan's smartest move (although, I will admit that pairing it with some of America's popular games may not be the best idea… "Quick! Use the AK-47 on that Magikarp!" doesn't sound too good…)

I also question their idea to release it for the DS, rather than the 3DS, or even for the Wii, it seems like it would be a good fit for a console game, "on multiple gaming platforms in Japan," as Pokebeach itself quotes it. To which I'd presume meant at least one main console game. With the game seeming so "out of date," it might not do so well, if maybe it had, say, a 3D logo on it. I find Nintendo's backtracking a little interesting. Maybe we'll have a definite reason in the future. And, if what Starboard Driger said is true, then this will truly be something to watch and see what Nintendo's plans are.

However, the idea of Pokemon in the feudal, more natural state of ancient Japan is an interesting allure, to say the least. Seeing Pokemon as more of an "adult" (for lack of a better word) game is quite the concept. And, despite my inner self screaming with every voice in my body that this won't go far, sell well, etc., I can see myself buying this game, if it ever hits American shelves. As my first paragraph stated, it is certainly a bold move towards the American market, so they may just decide to keep in Japan, and never export it oversees. However, I don't think there has been a major Pokemon game (although we have yet to see how "major" that this really is…) kept from America, so my fingers are crossed. Even though the choice of game seems a little off to me, I will be picking this up and, until then, following it's mysterious release every step of the way.

And, at 0:54 in the second video, does that look like Giratina to anybody? Or is it just me?

Back