(1) Jump Festa Reveals Shocking New DS Pokemon Game: 'Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition' [

I'm seriously revoking what I said earlier...

am I the only one who feels this game is getting worse with each update?

Queen Excel said:
I'm seriously revoking what I said earlier...

am I the only one who feels this game is getting worse with each update?
Why do you say that?

don()shinobi said:
Why do you say that?

Just not feeling the Pokemon.
Things like Mewtwo being in it are also another major factor.

If it was balanced and had some kind of connectivity with B/W it might do okay...

I just dislike the concept of this being a Tactical RPG, it's too bland and doesn't suit it so far.

Awesome! Does this mean the dude with the Zekrom is playable? This is a crossover, so it doesn't matter who created Mewtwo when. If the epic samurai woth the Zekrom is playable, I would freak out!! The dude with Groundon looks funy XD. i never expected this. Wait, if this is a crossover with a Japanese game.....is it even coming to North America?!!!

When it was reported as a "shocking announcment", I didn't really think it would be THIS shocking!

Queen Excel said:
Just not feeling the Pokemon.
Things like Mewtwo being in it are also another major factor.

If it was balanced and had some kind of connectivity with B/W it might do okay...

I just dislike the concept of this being a Tactical RPG, it's too bland and doesn't suit it so far.
So, Queen Excel, you're not happy that Nintendo is going away from the traditional picture of Pokemon and even more disturbed that they're making a tactical RPG out of it. I'm quite grateful they're expanding Pokemon's franchise by a significant extent for once.

OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG FOR A GAME LIKE THIS. I'M TOTALLY GONNA BUY IT.

I think this may have been Pokemon's best spinoff yet.

Zyflair said:
So, Queen Excel, you're not happy that Nintendo is going away from the traditional picture of Pokemon and even more disturbed that they're making a tactical RPG out of it. I'm quite grateful they're expanding Pokemon's franchise by a significant extent for once.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's nice that they're trying to do that, a Tactical RPG would look nice if it weren't so off looking. I just feel they could have made this on it's own without the need to make it a crossover. This is just something that feels like "we couldn't think up our own scenario" kind of thing.

I would have guessed this is the game that was going to be a surprise in January too, either way I'm still excited and definately want to see more!
And I guess opinions are opinions, I think we'll get a better view the more the information comes out. <3
Really glad its not Grey or remakes of R/S, but instead something different~!
and yay for more screenshots!

I don't know about the current Nobunga's Ambition, but the NES one is pretty crappy. Koei doesn't change much, so I can't see it getting any better.

I like Sengoku as a setting, I love the Musou/Warriors games, but a Strategy RPG like Jeanne D'Arc/Disgaea/Any SRPG where death isn't permanent, would have been much more fitting.

I can see this selling well, mixing two franchises that sell well, but going down well? In the west? Debatable.

Queen Excel said:
Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's nice that they're trying to do that, a Tactical RPG would look nice if it weren't so off looking. I just feel they could have made this on it's own without the need to make it a crossover. This is just something that feels like "we couldn't think up our own scenario" kind of thing.

Or it could be interpreted as "we're just making this a crossover and not really trying to make Pokemon as a whole be represented as something completely different in comparison to depictions of it in the past." Regardless, identified as a crossover or not, I'm simply concerned about the game itself.

I really hope we'll get this game in the U.S and/or europa since it focus on japan which lowers it's chances to be released.

My heart already beats for the articune trainer, since I love articune and the trainer himself (or herself?) just looks awesome.

Mewtwo maybe won't match because of its pokédex background, but I think from it's style it matches the trainer perfect.

Excited to see what this game will look like when released, since this is maybe the first "real" cross-over we get from Pokémon. (I don't consider Smash Bros. a cross-over, since the Pokémon themself wheren't the protagonist but a single Pokémon.)

I won't say too much about what would be better, since the game is something complet new!

I don't really care about Pokémon Gray and a R/S/E remake would be kinda wierd, since R/S got there Remake with Emerald at that time and besides I'm counting R/S/E not as one of the best Pokémon generations. R/S/E was okay, but nothing compared to other generations or remakes.

The game is obviously in another canon, hence why Mewtwo is there. It's not part of the official storyline like the main games or my Pokemon movie of the future.:D

I can't wait to hear more about this, I just hope that Coro Coro doesn't just regurgitate this as if it were a new announcement. We better get this in the states! Also if there is no Haxorus trainer I will be mad bro.

Hunga said:
I don't really care about Pokémon Gray and a R/S/E remake would be kinda weird, since R/S got there Remake with Emerald at that time and besides I'm counting R/S/E not as one of the best Pokémon generations. R/S/E was okay, but nothing compared to other generations or remakes.

Emerald isn't considered a remake of R/S, just like Crystal wasn't considered a remake of G/S. An R/S remake would be like HG/SS, not like a Crystal.

Anyway, it still seems kind of interesting. I'm still looking forward to any more info this site can provide, so keep me interested! ^.^

Hunga said:
I really care about Pokémon Gray and an R/S/E remake would be incredible, and Emerald was incredible, the best game in the entire series, and besides I'm counting R/S/E as the best Pokémon generation. R/S/E was legendary, and the other generations and remakes are completely eclipsed by its awesomeness.

Fixed.

Back