(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

McMuffins said:
leecario said:
Blizzard wolf? Where?

The list of 14 Japanese Pokemon names included one with a Blizzard Wolf. And on that list was Dedenne and Horubii named exactly as is so the list is confirmed.

Thanks for clarifying, i thought you meant in the corocoro leaks haha

If Charizard gets a "Mega Evolution" I'd hope GameFreak does right and make it Fire/Dragon

Recently noticed WPM added that little thought about Team Flare, however there is something many seem to have forgotten. It probably has nothing to do with team flare.

Colress created a device to try awakening a Pokemon's hidden potential. Are we not forgetting that he has still not given up that work?

McMuffins said:
leecario said:
Blizzard wolf? Where?

The list of 14 Japanese Pokemon names included one with a Blizzard Wolf. And on that list was Dedenne and Horubii named exactly as is so the list is confirmed.

Don't suppose you have a link? Was that the list of the names found to be copyrighted?

I love this idea if and only if, 1) its not permanent. 2) item activation. I think it can be really game changing. lucario goes into battle and bam all of a sudden he is a fire fighting type. it could rly change things up and it makes me rly have some added love for older pokemon. I hate it if its a perma thing that can only b done through evolving.

While I'm not a fan of mega pokemon I do think that we should have this:
aa51918a3d6acdb89096bafb7d0bf925

or this

th

I think it'd be great if the mega was some kind of power boost near a low HP level, your HP hits red, then boom! Awesome transition into mega forme, to try and make victory yours!

nononono
This is all bad.
Why not just make them regular evolutions for Mawile and Absol? Would have much preferred that.

I like the newly revealed Kalos pokemon. But why is the mouse a fairy type? They are being pretty generous with the fairy type it seems. Maybe it will become more fairy like as it evolves.

They gave ampharos a powdered wig and called it a mega evolution. I am at a loss for words right now.

I think I may go join a digimon form. I apologize for being a bit of a hater here, but.... I don't like this at all :/

Today is a good day to be a Pokemon trainer~

I can't wait for October 12th... wait, assuming that the games come out on the same day as everyone else... would that mean we would ALSO get the event too?

Unless of course they plan to have different distributions for each country...?
Think about it, what better way to scream "Gotta Catch 'Em All" than to release a particular Pokemon in each region.
Maybe to draw people to trade more on the new PSS system they have.

Nevertheless, my body is ready Nintendo.

... Although once X/Y comes out, New Leaf would probably be in its case for the remainder because I won't be able to play anything else but X/Y.

Liking the new Pokemon so far. Glad to see another bunny, even though it's likely destined to be the next Bidoof. Heck, I have a severe goat phobia, and that Gogoat pre-evo is adorable to me.

Now to the hot-button subject: Personally, the only thing that irks me about Megaloutions is the fact Mawile and Absol really could use concrete evos instead (Absol looks pretty cool with those 'wings', though). Otherwise, meh. I won't be using them. I don't do competitive battling, so this obviously isn't for me. The only way they'd get my panties in a bunch is if they took up the vast majority of the new dex, rather than being a minority behind new Pokemon and evos.

Oh, and to whomever was getting miffed about the new Electric rodent being part fairy, that isn't very surprising. All the generational electric rodents except Emolga are part of the fairy egg group, might as well have one with an ACTUAL fairy typing to make it official.

I actually called something along the lines of mega evolution years ago. Some of the Pokemon look really cool.

McMuffins said:
leecario said:
Blizzard wolf? Where?

Can I have the link of this list please :)

yammark said:
McMuffins said:

The list is in many places but here it is:

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

So I hate what they did to my favorite pokemon. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE AMPHAROS A FREAKING WHITE MULLET!

HOLY MOTHER OF ARCEUS. This was a complete surprise! I can't wait to see how this affects the game play... And they all look like fashion models.

[split] Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

McMuffins said:
Apparently one of the rumors how these Mega pokemon are obtained would be for example, to level up Combusken (spelling?) while holding the Blaziken Knight and it would then evolve into MegaBlaziken. The only question is, how would this apply to Pokemon like Mawile, Mewtwo, and Absol? Maybe this confirms that Absol and Mawile get evos as well?

It doesn't confirm that they also get regular evos, it rather disproves the method you suggested if anything.

I think its a pretty safe guess that that it goes like this
-pokemon holds ore (Blaziken @ Blazikenite)
-you use the Mega Stone on it (which should work like the DNA splicer, allowing you to put one pokemon into Mega forme and then revert it later with the same item)

Zaqix said:
Ampharos has always been one of my fave Pokemon and this would be awesome, but why? What is Dragon about Ampharos?? I don't get any of this

Well I've been wondering about its japanese name a long time ago...its Denryuu, which includes the word "ryu", a japanese word for dragons. So I'm not that surprised, since whatever was the basis for the name works the same for the type I guess.

I'm not doubting it gains the Dragon type (since I don't see how anyone could possibly make that up out of nowhere), but where did this info come from? Mega Ampharos' type is cut off on the scan..

Leaf_Ranger said:
If this happens to be true, I have only one question: WTF?
What happened to branched evolutions (for Combusken and Flaaffy) or just adding another evolution (Mawile, Absol, Lucario)? Was this thing really necessary?

the first would mean introducing a fourth stage for any pokemon with 3, which is a big no-no, since the stats would go way to high in those cases with regular evolution, whereas formes are minor changes in both design and stats.
And the point of alternate evolutions isn't to make an existing pokemon stronger (which is what this thing is about), its to add diversity.

All you need to understand is that basically Rotom already tested this concept back in Platinum and now its merely being expanded to the "average pokémon" because it unleashes tons of potential where there was a brick wall before.

jdivinity said:
The whole Mega evolution concept reminds me of an extremely talented Fakemon artist who made "Dark Evolutions" for the final evolution of the starters and I'm trying to find them as I type this but I saw them over 4 years ago so I have no idea if the artist deleted their account or not.

I thought of thsoe too. You mean darksilvania:
http://darksilvania.deviantart.com/gallery/11375921

the_dark_starters_by_darksilvania-d371ni7.jpg

the_dark_starters_gen_2_by_darksilvania-d37ixj1.jpg

the_dark_starters_gen_3_by_darksilvania-d37wsv1.jpg

the_dark_starters_gen_4_by_darksilvania-d386vh3.jpg
Dragon Tamer Rhaegar said:
I think this is a great way for some pokemon who are typically weaker than fully evolved pokemon to get a little boost (Scizor, Tropius, etc.) and a great way to really change up competitive battling.

Wait what?
Scizor is one of the most overused pokemon atm, and with Fairies being weak to Bullet Punch isn't exactly making it go away suddenly.

Dragon Tamer Rhaegar said:
I don't know if it has been brought up, but are we positive on whether these evolutions are permanent or temporary? I know Mewtwo can go back and forth, so it would be odd for that to be in the movie but not in the game.

no official word on it, but I'm quite confident turning to "Mega" its as reversible as Kyurem turning "Black"/"White" or Rotom to "Wash"/"Mow"/"Fan"/...

Gr8Ampharos said:
So I hate what they did to my favorite pokemon. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE AMPHAROS A F***ING WHITE MULLET!

I love Ampharos (jap. DenRYUU), and I'm very happy it finally got closer to being a dragon.

TokenDuelist said:
yammark said:

The list is in many places but here it is:

Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.

so fast , thank you so much . OMG , I'm shock at gecko + boss . I'm really hope froakie evolution don't end up ugly like gecko T-T

Gr8Ampharos said:
So I hate what they did to my favorite pokemon. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE AMPHAROS A F***ING WHITE MULLET!

THAT MULLET IS GLORIOUS!!!

Back