(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

Thetwiggy13 said:
Well at least I'm not crazy for thinking this was fake:

hqdefault.jpg

All my friends jumped on the bandwagon and kept calling it flowers rather than a Gogoat pre-evolution.

I think most of us here saw the pre-evo coming.

I also think that most of us here saw Mawile getting a Steel/Fairy type coming as well, those were just painfully obvious. Also if those were to be flowers then they would be flowers that suspiciously look like a pair of small goats and suspiciously having the same coloration as Gogoat as well as having eyes for not apparent reason.

That said, Mega Absol might just mean that Absol will be a bit more usable in battle now.

I really like Ampharos's design now. I was always hoping in something like that - no for mega forms, just for Ampharos gets some wool. If it gets yet better hands, it'd be even prettier.
I also like Mewtwo's mega form, the others are uniteresting for me.
But, god, why Blaziken? Starter's mega form… I personally don't like it. Maybe they chose bad. It'd be more interesting if they chose Torterra or Venusaur…

Fraxureking said:
DNA said:
Dedenne is obviously Kalos' Pikachu clone.

The power creep on Mega-Evolutions makes me cry.

We need a MegaMegayanma or else go away.

You mean MegaYanmega? That would be hilarious.
Japanese name is Megayanma.
I know what I'm talking about.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

Anybody see this when PJ posted it a few weeks back? Horubii and dedenne are confirmed, so the rest of the list is likely real as well. The translations are just PJ's (and others?) best guesses as what they could be. y horubii didn't turn out to be a digging bee.

People whine and complain too much about ideas that aren't their fakemon.

No one is telling anyone to use them, they are there for those who like them. There are over 650 Pokemon, are you told to use every single one? Of course not.

I think it's senseless to complain about these, they are very creative. I absolutely hate all this "they look like fakemon" trash people are spewing because they look good, most fakemon however, do not.

Raptor9229 said:
I think most of us here saw the pre-evo coming.

I also think that most of us here saw Mawile getting a Steel/Fairy type coming as well, those were just painfully obvious. Also if those were to be flowers then they would be flowers that suspiciously look like a pair of small goats and suspiciously having the same coloration as Gogoat as well as having eyes for not apparent reason.

XD Yeah I guess, I'm just enjoying the fact that I was right over my six other friends. I'm glad Mawile gets something though. My friends have absolutely no common sense (although I don't have much either) so that's probably why. Just soaking up the bragging rights

Squidtepig said:
I like Horubii It reminds me of my pet rabbit in the good old days.
If Blazikin is getting a Mega form then perhaps other starters could get different types or different stats. Charizard could finally gain that Fire/Dragon type it deserves!! :) *fingers crossed*

If Fire/Dragon, then with levitate, because of its unaffection of ground types. Or myabe three-typed Fired/Flying/Dragon. It'd be way too cool, but why not?

Wow... This is a lot to take in. Not sure how I feel about the new mega forms. I would definitely like the term awakened rather than mega. I have so many questions about it though. Is it basically a 4th evolution that you can't revert back to its previous form? Or is it interchangeable? Would they have their own dex number? Thinking about it now they are probably interchangeable. I don't think they are completely different pokemon, since the names are basically the same and they just look like souped up versions of themselves. It's definitely interesting, to say the least... One thing I find odd though is that Blazekin gets one. Will he be the only starter? That seems unfair if there will ever be any future game remakes especially for gen 3. But its definitely possible that he won't be the only one... Just imagine a freaking mega charizard. This entire mechanic does make me think of digimon though... Especially if they can revert back. But I'm not sure if I support it yet or not. I mean most of the designs are pretty awesome (spare maybe ampharos, I just think its silly) but at the same time they're changing a huge part of pokemon.

Leaf_Ranger said:
PS: About that mouse, I also thought of Raichu... with Wooper's antenae. It looks like some Gold/Silver sketch I've seen of a Pokémon.

Pikablu confirmed

TokenDuelist said:
I think it's senseless to complain about these, they are very creative. I absolutely hate all this "they look like fakemon" trash people are spewing because they look good, most fakemon however, do not.

I personally think that they aren't creative at all. They're just modifications to the base designs with no real major changes. And that's exactly what most fakemon evos are.
If people don't like the designs, they're free to criticize them. Negative opinions are just as valuable as positive opinions. :B

I wonder if it's going to be a new gameplay mechanic.

The longer it's used it will then activate.
There probably will be a consequence to this. Like a certain percentage of health lost per turn.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I want to see a Mega Emolga...Hopefully, it may learn fly and not be restricted to gliding.
And a Mega Pikachu/Raichu....I just want to see what it would like. Maybe it could work on their defenses.

Those two I want to see. If Legendaries are included then...Lugia and Victini! I'm betting Lugia would look absolutely stellar and what Victini would look like intrigues me.

But, then again, maybe curiosity really did kill the cat.

Overall, I'm liking these new mega forms and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will change the gameplay and maybe even the competitive spotlight. We could be seeing mega forms everywhere.

"Ah, a Mawile evolution, exactly what it needed"
*starts reading*
"WUT!?"

I literally felt my IQ being cut in half when I read about Mega Evolutions.

From my aspect there just in-game ex, lv.x,prime, etc.
And mega ampharos is lame.
I rather want an altenate evo like the ralts/kirlia/gardevoir/gallade line.

But that doesnt mean I dont like the mechanic at all.

I thought there was no way this could be confirmed as real, they look SO fanfic-y. Especially since Blaziken, Absol and Lucario are three of the pokemon with new forms.

The only new form I like is Mawile's, and all that means is it gets this stupid ability instead of a proper evolution. Terrible.

The only way they could slightly redeem this is making it highly tied into the plot (something about DNA splicing) and making the "mega" forms be unlocked through use of an item so it takes up the item slot in competitive battles. But they're still dumb. If pokemon can have these "mega" forms, why do so few have them?

Pangoro#1999 said:
From my aspect there just in-game ex, lv.x,prime, etc.
And mega ampharos is lame.
I rather want an altenate evo like the ralts/kirlia/gardevoir/gallade line.

But that doesnt mean I dont like the mechanic at all.

Mega Ampharos makes me think of something from DBZ (ya know where each stage of Super Saiyan makes your hair get longer)

Zielo said:
Wow... This is a lot to take in. Not sure how I feel about the new mega forms. I would definitely like the term awakened rather than mega. I have so many questions about it though. Is it basically a 4th evolution that you can't revert back to its previous form? Or is it interchangeable? Would they have their own dex number? Thinking about it now they are probably interchangeable. I don't think they are completely different pokemon, since the names are basically the same and they just look like souped up versions of themselves. It's definitely interesting, to say the least... One thing I find odd though is that Blazekin gets one. Will he be the only starter? That seems unfair if there will ever be any future game remakes especially for gen 3. But its definitely possible that he won't be the only one... Just imagine a freaking mega charizard. This entire mechanic does make me think of digimon though... Especially if they can revert back. But I'm not sure if I support it yet or not. I mean most of the designs are pretty awesome (spare maybe ampharos, I just think its silly) but at the same time they're changing a huge part of pokemon.
Look at mewtwo hes revertable(if thats a word) xD

Back