(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

I wonder if we'll be seeing Kalos Pokemon with these Mega Evolutions as well or just previous generation Pokemon?

what does this mean for the TCG???
stage 3 pokemon??? or would it work more like Lv.X pokemon???

Absol, Mawile, and Blaziken look pretty cool... The rest of the megas are pretty off.

I'll hold off till I see them animated in 3d however. I didn't like Fennekin until I saw it modelled.

Raptor9229 said:
Pangoro#1999 said:
From my aspect there just in-game ex, lv.x,prime, etc.
And mega ampharos is lame.
I rather want an altenate evo like the ralts/kirlia/gardevoir/gallade line.

But that doesnt mean I dont like the mechanic at all.

Mega Ampharos makes me think of something from DBZ (ya know where each stage of Super Saiyan makes your hair get longer)

I doesnt know that since i dont play DBZ or watch

I wonder if there are any more mega formes. :eek:

Honestly, this is an idea GF could have acted on a long time ago, so I am not very surprised. I do think this is probably the most appropriate method for Pokemon who are fully evolved (Blaziken, Ampharos) to gain additional power/ability/changes. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the rest of the Pokemon's mega formes though, why not just evolve?

Now the only way this will legitimately disappoint me is if there are no evolutions other than Sylveon for older Pokemon this generation and this is all we get. I hope there is more. Otherwise, I'm okay with this. I really like both Lucario and Blaziken's mega forme design from what I can see! The rest look pretty good.

All I can say is these Mega evolution's kind of remind me of Digimon in a way..

ashyboy said:
Zielo said:
Wow... This is a lot to take in. Not sure how I feel about the new mega forms. I would definitely like the term awakened rather than mega. I have so many questions about it though. Is it basically a 4th evolution that you can't revert back to its previous form? Or is it interchangeable? Would they have their own dex number? Thinking about it now they are probably interchangeable. I don't think they are completely different pokemon, since the names are basically the same and they just look like souped up versions of themselves. It's definitely interesting, to say the least... One thing I find odd though is that Blazekin gets one. Will he be the only starter? That seems unfair if there will ever be any future game remakes especially for gen 3. But its definitely possible that he won't be the only one... Just imagine a freaking mega charizard. This entire mechanic does make me think of digimon though... Especially if they can revert back. But I'm not sure if I support it yet or not. I mean most of the designs are pretty awesome (spare maybe ampharos, I just think its silly) but at the same time they're changing a huge part of pokemon.
Look at mewtwo hes revertable(if thats a word) xD

Apparently it isn't a word but it looks like it should be one.

Lets use it from now on.

The definition of revertable would be able to be reverted to its original form or position.

I agree with you, it might just be that they are forme changes and that Gamefreak had always had the idea of doing forme changes for many of their pokemon. It could be that every legendary might get its own forme at some point. In fact it could be that the forme change system might be renamed to Mega evolution or something to that effect and Giratina Origin Forme could be renamed to Mega Giratina.

Although the chances of that happening are slim but it could still happen and with the current news it wouldn't surprise me.

Why does Gamefreak feel the need to throw unnecessary types on Pokemon? Honestly Gamefreak has been slapping Fairy type on seemingly every Pokemon regardless of whether it's even remotely Fairy. Swirlix, Marill, and now mini-Raichu? How does this electric rodent possess any Fairy qualities?

Mega Bidoof all night long lol

Now, seriously speaking. I am not that amused after watching those leaks. Mega Blaziken reminds me of Reshiram and Kyurem for some reason... I would like them to be just powered up versions and not evolutions :/ ...But things can't be changed...

I wonder which other pokemon will receive this "privilege" ...I would like to see Torerra, Blastoise, Swampert, Electivire, Staraptor, Talonflame, and even Eevee. Who else is wondering if Eevee will evolve to Normal type in this generation? Now that this Mega Evolution mechanism exists, maybe my speculation will come true and we'll see a Mega Eeveelution (only for Eevee, just for it to have same stat total as the rest of the Eevelutions).

I want to call as of today, Thursday, August the 8th, 2013, that Pikachu will be the Pioneer, or one of the first Pokemon to be seen as Mega in the anime.

I'm hoping to see the rest of the scans next week.

My heavens!!

Mega evolutions?!!

Ampharos a Electric/Dragon?!

I... I... Help me!

*Faints*

SunRiver said:
My heavens!!

Mega evolutions?!!

Ampharos a Electric/Dragon?!

I... I... Help me!

*Faints*

To be fair Ampharos looks more Dragon like than its two previous formed (Mareep and Flaffy), hardly even resembles a sheep anymore. Mega Ampharos almost makes it look like an Eastern Dragon.

garbodorable said:
I thought there was no way this could be confirmed as real, they look SO fanfic-y. Especially since Blaziken, Absol and Lucario are three of the pokemon with new forms.

The only new form I like is Mawile's, and all that means is it gets this stupid ability instead of a proper evolution. Terrible.

The only way they could slightly redeem this is making it highly tied into the plot (something about DNA splicing) and making the "mega" forms be unlocked through use of an item so it takes up the item slot in competitive battles. But they're still dumb. If pokemon can have these "mega" forms, why do so few have them?

I do not think that mawile, blaziken, lucario, amphoros, and absol are the only ones with awakened forms. I think they are just advertising them.

I love the concept I just don't use any of those particular pokemon. I think MegaBlaziken is the best looking one and I hope they keep the name Mega_____

But that's me

Xeryd said:

Yes, I'm not the only one who thinks Digimon whenever I hear "Mega"! *Insert Digimon reference here*

But in all due respect, these look incredible. Lucario gets a Mega form? MIND = BLOWN.

The Gogoat pre-evo has to be the cutest thing revealed so far next to Flabebe and Sylveon.

Mega formes...I hope these are only for select Pokemon and not accessible to every Pokemon. I already don't like them as it is.

Also Ampharos reminds me of a yellow version of this Digimans lul

300px-Magnadramon_b.jpg

SkyeVictini said:
Xeryd said:

Yes, I'm not the only one who thinks Digimon whenever I hear "Mega"! *Insert Digimon reference here*

But in all due respect, these look incredible. Lucario gets a Mega form? MIND = BLOWN.

The Gogoat pre-evo has to be the cutest thing revealed so far next to Flabebe and Sylveon.

Keep in mind "Mega" is the Japanese prefix. They'll be known as "Awakened" in English.

TokenDuelist said:
People whine and complain too much about ideas that aren't their fakemon.

No one is telling anyone to use them, they are there for those who like them. There are over 650 Pokemon, are you told to use every single one? Of course not.

I think it's senseless to complain about these, they are very creative. I absolutely hate all this "they look like fakemon" trash people are spewing because they look good, most fakemon however, do not.

While you do not have to use a specific Pokemon if you do not like it, do not steer away from the fact that these Pokemon will most likely be very OP and will absolutely litter and trash the metagame in the months to come before rules are set in place to keep OP Pokemon from ruining other tiers.

For example, SB Blaziken is already a monster; and to an extent, Lucario. Now Gamefreak is choosing to make these already strong Pokemon even better, unbalancing the ever-so sensitive metagame.

I have no problem with weaker Pokemon receiving these forms. Mawile and Absol definitely needed this boost. And who knows, maybe a poor Pokemon such as Dunsparce will be lucky enough to get a friendly little buff.

FT10 said:
SkyeVictini said:

Keep in mind "Mega" is the Japanese prefix. They'll be known as "Awakened" in English.

That has not been confirmed as true right now, for all we know they could just keep the Mega prefix for English too. Just because the movie has "the awakening of Mewtwo" does not mean the formes will be known as awakened formes in English. They could have used awakening in the title to signify the awakening of Mewtwo's Mega forme.

I like everything.

At first I was kinda off-put by the term "mega", but then I saw the actual designs and the potential this new mechanic could have and now I love mega pokemon~ I also like the three other new pokemon revealed. In fact, there's not really anything I don't like about any of the announcements, since they grow on me very fast.

What I don't like is how the fanbase is reacting to it. I understand that if you don't like a certain idea or a design, but if you call out Game Freak for "running out of ideas" or "doing unnecessary things" then you really shouldn't be playing this game.

Back