(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

I love Meikuru :) really looking forward to this new pokemon game ^^ i just wish october would hurry up!

As my brother keeps yelling, BURST MODE.
I like the new Pokemon but mega forms... They literally made me sick. I was in bed and my brother ran into my room, next thing I know, I'm feeling worse than I did.
It seems like a nice concept on paper but jeez, they even look stupid (besides Ampharos, Mawile, and Mewtwo).

Ok people do not freak out this mege evolution is some sort of form which im not too fond of but look pretty cool. I kinda wished absol's and mawile's werent but whatever. And as we see mewtwo has also this mega thing which means that their stats will not necessarly increase sadly for absol and mawile. The thing that pisses me off is the name mega? Seriously idk im not going to judge just yet but they look cool.
As for the new pokemon the gogoat preevo was expected and its cute. While the other two look neat and seem like the regional rodents.

These MEGA formes seem pretty cool. Wonder how this will fit in with the game theme.
Maybe they are created through genetically synthesised items??

Would be a cool if ALL pokemon had this ability though that may be a little overkill...

The newly revealed pokemon are still a little "uninteresting" to me, but i'm sure they will grow on me like all others!

Seems Nintendo is really exploring some unexpected possibilities here! Me like!!

The Mega forms look like the epitome of "it gets bigger" syndrome. Truthfully, they look like something out of a bad fanfic...or Digimon. I hope the names don't stay "Mega_____" once localized. I suppose the saving grace is that due to the simultaneous release, info about these nightmare fuel will be made available to us soon.

And this is coming from someone who has been very supportive of most everything having to do with the franchise since its release.

To be honest, I'm surprised at the amount of support these Mega evolutions have, compared to the storms the previous generations have left.

I like mega forms, but I bet you that Game freak will make certain items to achieve Mega forms in some DLC form.

Example: To get Sableye to its mega-form you need the Thiefs jewel. The thiefs jewel will cost 1.99.

But game freak won't stoop that low

If they have the forme for Blaziken, then maybe they'll have it for all the starters. (There's still hope, Torterra!)

I don't like the concept, but I guess this is a great way for Game Freak to give those overshadowed Pokemon one last chance. If this was to be true though, there are still excellent Pokemon getting formes (Lucario, Blaziken I'm staring at you).

Oh well, I thought it was fake but I guess not. Is this everything from Corocoro for August?

ForeignDude said:
I wonder how many people DIDN'T have Raichu come into their mind when they saw that rat.

I thought of Raichu.

I a willing to bet that nobody saw Mawile being retyped as Steel/Fairy coming at all /sarcasm

Momaster, I though of Warp Digivolve for some reason instead, maybe even armor digivolve when I saw the Mega formes XD

I heard somewhere it was confirmed that MegaEvolutions are temporary, and only last during a battle, so you won't be able to have MegaPokémon normally in the field.
Sort of like going Super-Saiyan.

Also MegaAmpharos looks absolutely ridiculous. Ampharos in a wig.

Ryan Sinclair said:
Also MegaAmpharos looks absolutely ridiculous. Ampharos in a wig.

He's fabulous. Amphabulous.

cjfr.jpg

Also I'm like 90% sure the Blaziken thing is Blazikenite, not Blaziken Knight.

Like @CMP said above, I think that naming everything Mega X,Y, Z, etc. lacks originality and is way to similar to Digimon.
Another thing that's being said and which I agree is why can't some of these Pokémon (Mawile, Absol, Lucario) get a normal evo., or a branched one (Flaaffy)!?
They might be some T.Flare-related experience but still, their names and the unnecessity of this choice in the cases of Absol and others just kills it for me. Their designs are cool but If I'm not forced, I'll pass them.
I'll repeat myself, but has someone else noticed that M.Blaziken's head and chest make the shape of a X and M.Lucario's chest looks like a Y?

Oh, and perhaps besides itens and only happening in battles, this new "forms" will have something to do with Pk-Amie!!

PS: About that mouse, I also thought of Raichu... with Wooper's antenae. It looks like some Gold/Silver sketch I've seen of a Pokémon.

I like Horubii It reminds me of my pet rabbit in the good old days.
If Blazikin is getting a Mega form then perhaps other starters could get different types or different stats. Charizard could finally gain that Fire/Dragon type it deserves!! :) *fingers crossed*

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I like mega forms, but I bet you that Game freak will make certain items to achieve Mega forms in some DLC form.

Example: To get Sableye to its mega-form you need the Thiefs jewel. The thiefs jewel will cost 1.99.

But game freak won't stoop that low

In that case, another reason for me to say thanks but no thanks. U.U

Well at least I'm not crazy for thinking this was fake:

hqdefault.jpg

All my friends jumped on the bandwagon and kept calling it flowers rather than a Gogoat pre-evolution.

Dedenne is obviously Kalos' Pikachu clone.

The power creep on Mega-Evolutions makes me cry.

We need a MegaMegayanma or else go away.

Back