(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

Blaziken getting an evolution makes me a bit curious to know what other starters are getting Mega'd. Are all the other starters getting Mega'd, and if they are does that mean the Kalos starters are also getting Mega'd?? If they don't, the why Blaziken out of all starters??
*I don't hate Blaziken in any way, he was my starter in Emerald and one of my favorite starters overall :p Just curious to why him in specific.

Mitja said:
Momaster12 said:
I think the video made me change my mind. In-game these look a LOT better. I'd still prefer them not to be there but I'll get over it.
Also, I know someone probably said this before but this pretty much confirms R/S remakes. Which goes along with this question. If we do get remakes, will we be able to use Mega Pokémon? It was stated that these evolutions are only found in the Kalos Region. Could this also mean that we can find Mega Pokémon in the wild?

Hahaha oh... wait how did you figure a connection to remakes in all this?

The 3d gen theorists are all like that. Throw the guy a lemon and he'll turn it into an argument that confirms the 3d gen remakes.

Be at 2 months of the release of a groundbreaking new game in the franchise and they'll turn it into an argument about how that confirms a remake will be released, even though the last game hasn't even finished development.

As for why... ALIENS, duh.

Anyway, I've made my peace with the megaforms now, the official site images look more like pokemons, though lucario can lose the dreadlocks and absol the fluffy stuf in its legs, but that's nitpicking.
And ampharos is still rocking the fawcett style (I give it five seconds before the internet has pictures of ampfawcett. Sick).

Rusty Sticks said:
TomoEGoto said:
How long has it been since we could jump over the ledges?
R/S/E?

... Now we don't have to choose between bikes anymore! Which was a pain if you were trying to get to Rayqauza.

1. You've never been able to jump ledges.

2. Rollerskates and the standard bike take the place of bike "speeds"

Acro Bikes let you jump up certain ledges. That's what he was referring to.

Zaqix said:
I'm now over my inital concerns and am actually looking forward to this aspect of the game...Does anyone else find it weird that with the first batch of Mega Pokemon they didn't show any 5th or 6th gen Mega Pokemon?? I would think they'd have a representative from each generation just to show the variability, Idk
Well, Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken, Absol, and Ampharos are really popular among the fanbase, so I think that's why they picked those . I think they included Mawile because it's now a fairy type and they been all about the fairy type.

I didn't really like Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario at first, but after seeing some artwork and them in the game, I've started to really like them, especially Blaziken.

...Ampharos is popular? I wasn't aware Ampharos had any followers that weren't closet.

DNA said:
...Ampharos is popular? I wasn't aware Ampharos had any followers that weren't closet.

I was just about to say the same thing....I'm pretty sure Ampharos has never been "popular" in any definition, was (and still is) one of my favorites (probably top 15) of mine so I'm excited and glad but still kinda confused lol

Sky Pillar said:
The super training facility is useless, what we really needed was a means of (legit) iv editing since breeding for perfect ivs is boring and time consuming.

Um no. You want perfect IV's, you need to work for it. That shit is special and something to boast about cause you busted your a** getting it. All the synchronized dittos and pokemon sex. No sir, I don't want just anyone to be able to get that.
EV's are something everyone has and we really did need a better way to see and increase them. At least we were able to see what our IV's were.

On another note, I need clarification. In one post, Pokebeach assumes Megamewtwo has increased speed because it's obvious in the movie. In a following post, they say Megamewtwo has increased Sp. Atk. Is this in addition to the speed boost or is it just Sp. atk and you guys were wrong? If so, could you edit the previous post or something?
I hope they aren't wrong because mewtwo was portrayed as extremely fast in the movie so it would only make sense. But then again GF did go ahead and make absol and mawile's evos mega instead of permanent.

Now, I'm kinda disappointed... I don't mind Megas to be optional but in-battle only? That's lame... I'd like to wander around with a Mega in the overworld at any time... Also, they don't sound that broken anymore. I mean, They only appear during battle; they have to hold a Mega Stone, so they can't hold other items, which sounds like Giratina-O, a really disadvantage. Add to that the fact that there seems to be another requirement for the Mega evolution to happen... It's too many limitations already... Takes all the coolness out of the concept...

I like that they kept the name Mega. Sure, Awakened sounds better but it's a longer and harder word (this may sound stupid but if you're not an english native speaker, having to continuously say "Awakened, awakened, awakened" becomes boring). Mega, as cliché as it is, it's simpler and goes straight to the point.

btw, Why hasn't the official english site showed Mega Absol, Mega Mawile and Mega Ampharos too?

Curiously, of the six revealed pokémon that can Mega evolve, I've used four of them in my in-game teams from Gen 3/4 (specifically: Mewtwo, Ampharos, Blaziken and Lucario - I'm using Lucario again in B2). It'll be cool to use my old pokémon as Mega Pokémon...

PS: regarding Digimon, honestly, I like Digimon but only the first three seasons and the digimon created during that time. I think Frontier is one of the most ridiculous things ever (human turning into Digimon), Savers is ok but the newer digimon don't impress me and Xros Wars (which I didn't even bothered to watch) basically looks like a bunch of Transformers fusing with each other...
So, you can call me a Digimon genwunner, I guess...

Im calling it now- Eevee can MEGA evolve. That will be our "2nd" Eeveelution everyone has been speculating about. It makes Eevee become Dragon type. lol... (not sure if trolling or serious about this yet...)

Also, would really like to see these MEGA-

Dunsparce (if it doesnt get an evolution)
Farfetch'd (see above)
Druddigon (^)
Seviper/Zangoose
Actually, pretty much anything that doesnt evolve normally should get one I think. Id also like to see the Kanto starters, Feraligatr, Sceptile, and Serperior gain one. Scept and Serperior could both gain Dragon type like Ampharos, or Serperior could gain Fairy to give it some more options (and Contrary as well ^_^)

I'll take whatever I can get but would definitely have preferred megas to be for fully evolved pokemon and for them to have given things like absol and mawile actual evolutions (preferably the megas because hot diggity dog slap me with a frog, those things are beautiful).
I think it honestly depends on that specific pokemon. Those like tropius, lapras, seviper, and zangoose deserve megas simply because their designs are finite. You can't build on it as much as an evolution would demand and they look all grown up. However, pokemon like farfethed, mawile, absol (he is iffy. could go both ways), quilfish, dunsparce, and corsola deserve actual evos seeing as you can build on their designs a lot and they don't look fully grown.

Metalizard said:
PS: regarding Digimon, honestly, I like Digimon but only the first three seasons and the digimon created during that time. I think Frontier is one of the most ridiculous things ever (human turning into Digimon), Savers is ok but the newer digimon don't impress me and Xros Wars (which I didn't even bothered to watch) basically looks like a bunch of Transformers fusing with each other...

This is sorta getting off topic but I had to comment because I'm EXACTLY the same way, I love Digimon the first 3 seasons (well the first two and the third one is ok) and in my mind 4th season and on don't exist which makes me feel like a hypocrite because there's nothing I despise more than Pokemon genwunners...

Also on the Digimon similarity aspect someone made this: (not sure if allowed to share so put in spoiler tag in case not)

81c.gif

Back to the topic on hand, I'm actually really glad that it's not a permanent change and is in battle only and has requirements, it means it won't be forced and I can choose to ignore that aspect of the game (as I do with Ivs). However, I am still upset by the fact that this means Absol and Mawile won't get evolutions, I hope mainly third stage/pokemon who don't need evos end up getting Mega Forms...ie. Rather than Mega Farfetch'd I really hope Farfetch'd gets a real evo

Zaqix said:
Metalizard said:

This is sorta getting off topic but I had to comment because I'm EXACTLY the same way, I love Digimon the first 3 seasons (well the first two and the third one is ok) and in my mind 4th season and on don't exist which makes me feel like a hypocrite because there's nothing I despise more than Pokemon genwunners...

Also on the Digimon similarity aspect someone made this: (not sure if allowed to share so put in spoiler tag in case not)

81c.gif
Can people PLEASE STOP comparing this mechanic to digimon. They are completely different! Different names, different requirements, different number of stages, different design. different just about everything. I love both immensely but come on guys, really?
I can't see a single way that these are similar besides the fact that digimon savers had Burst Mode and this is kind of the same idea but it is executed IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WAY.

Ohman177 said:
Zaqix said:

81c.gif
Can people PLEASE STOP comparing this mechanic to digimon. They are completely different! Different names, different requirements, different number of stages, different design. different just about everything. I love both immensely but come on guys, really?
I can't see a single way that these are similar besides the fact that digimon savers had Burst Mode and this is kind of the same idea but it is executed IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WAY.

It's not a bad thing...I love both too for completely different reasons. I think the reason people see the similarities is because if we say that Rookie stage is equal to Basic stage then this Mega Evolution is very simliar to Rookie Digimon Warp digivolving to Mega...and also the temporariness of it is similar to digivolution...I personally don't think it takes anything away from this to point out the similarities and besides people have been comparing Pokemon and Digimon from beginning of the series

I am totally loving everything I am seeing. The Pokemon are all great and varied while the Mega Evolutions bring in new aspects to the game. I would wonder how the Mega Stones would activate though. What if it is like Zen Mode for Darmanitan, only activating when you are below half of your total HP?

I also think that the non-evolving Pokemon that can Mega Evolve are those who are naturally complete, but they can still, when pushed, access more power. Take Mawile for instance, it uses its horn to intimidate and deceive, so it has no need to evolve naturally. Absol can sense danger and avoids it, it truly has no need to evolve to a newer form in the wild.

Game Freak definitely wanted to change how Pokemon was competively played. They are forcing new strategies to counteract the threat of the Fairy-type and these Mega Evolutions.

Ohman177 said:
Sky Pillar said:
The super training facility is useless, what we really needed was a means of (legit) iv editing since breeding for perfect ivs is boring and time consuming.

Um no. You want perfect IV's, you need to work for it. That shit is special and something to boast about cause you busted your a** getting it. All the synchronized dittos and pokemon sex. No sir, I don't want just anyone to be able to get that.
EV's are something everyone has and we really did need a better way to see and increase them. At least we were able to see what our IV's were.

It's not hard work to slap power items and a everstone on a pokemon, put it in the daycare, and run around with flame body pokemon in your party, that's not hard work it's just plain boring. Plus IVs are randomly generated, that's not "hard work" that's dumb luck.

I remember reading somewhere that only SOME of the mega stones were available in game. We know Blaziken's mega stone is over wifi, and lucario's (based of the images) is probably found in game. With that said, what other Megas have their stone wifi exclusive....maybe the other starters...

Calling it now: Whatever Pokemon that takes the place of Mewtwo/Lucario in the next Smash Bros. will Mega Evolve for its Final Smash.

Sky Pillar said:
Ohman177 said:

It's not hard work to slap power items and a everstone on a pokemon, put it in the daycare, and run around with flame body pokemon in your party, that's not hard work it's just plain boring. Plus IVs are randomly generated, that's not "hard work" that's dumb luck.

TO get more than one perfect IV, the aim usually being 3, it's very difficult. And when you factor in passing down the right nature, ability, and egg moves, the chain breeding goes on and on. I like that kind of hard work. Everything shouldn't be easy.

Zaqix said:
Ohman177 said:

It's not a bad thing...I love both too for completely different reasons. I think the reason people see the similarities is because if we say that Rookie stage is equal to Basic stage then this Mega Evolution is very simliar to Rookie Digimon Warp digivolving to Mega...and also the temporariness of it is similar to digivolution...I personally don't think it takes anything away from this to point out the similarities and besides people have been comparing Pokemon and Digimon from beginning of the series
What I mainly meant was people comparing this new mechanic to it and saying how it's so similar as if they copied it. Also, I repeat, there is no mega level digimon. That is the work of stupid English translators. It's called ultimate.

Ohman177 said:
Sky Pillar said:

TO get more than one perfect IV, the aim usually being 3, it's very difficult. And when you factor in passing down the right nature, ability, and egg moves, the chain breeding goes on and on. I like that kind of hard work. Everything shouldn't be easy.

Again, that's not work it's luck. IVs, Abilities, Genders, etc. all that is based on rng. You can't call it work when you can't actually alter it like with EV training where I can actually do something.

I never said it should be easy either, I stated a (legit) IV editing system, it could be something as complicated as finding feebas for all I care. I just hate how they're set in stone no matter what.

Ohman177 said:
Sky Pillar said:

Offering my two cents: Making getting perfect IV's easier, or at least less boring or time consuming, would encourage more players to bother getting into the competitive game. And considering many players hack to get perfect IV's anyways I don't think it would be much of a problem to make it easier to get "Perfect" pokemon.

As for the mega forms, thank god. I was worried how they'd put that Mewtwo form in, and whether or not it would end up outclassing normal Mewtwo and render the original useless. I'm strangely okay with it being a Mega evolution though. And I want that Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario.

Back