(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

AtmosphericThunder

Artist
ittybittyskitty said:
Figure I should actually try and contribute to the conversation for once, instead of just observing, so hi, I'm new (please don't eat me lol).

I don't know if it's just me, but with the clearer pics up on the US website, doesn't it seem a bit like Lucario and Blaziken are somewhat corrupted/spliced with Xerneas and Yveltal??
Definitely easier to see it on MLucario with those markings that are strikingly similar to Yveltal, and then MBlaziken seems to have a Xerneas theme going on in the upper body with how his birdfluff is shaped, as well as a load of black added in the lower body, similar to said legendary.

My two cents at any rate ~

On http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/ it says:

"Black patterns creep up and around Mega Lucario's arms and legs - marks left behind by the heightened aura energy that thrums throughout its body."

Xerneas and Yveltal have Fairy Aura and Dark Aura, so maybe Lucario could have a connection to the two Legendary Pokemon.

Dracidius said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
This Torchic is a wi-fi event just like many Pokemon have been before.

If there are other unavailable Mega Stones, players will most likely receive the lowest stage of the Pokemon that use those specific Mega Stones too (like how Torchic is the lowest stage of Blaziken). The Pokemon would be holding their final evolution's Mega Stone when you receive it on your game (such as Torchic holding Blazikenite, Blaziken's Mega Stone).

I think it´s just marketing. You get the first one for free (just like you got the first DLC "Poké Forest Dungeon" for free in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS) so you see how awesome it is and after that you´ll have to pay.

You can't compare a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game to a main series Pokemon game. They aren't even developed by the same companies. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are developed by Chunsoft and main series Pokemon games are developed by Game Freak.

Jack Bauer

Pokemon Professor
Mega_Mewtwo_Mega_Lucario-X-and-Y.jpg

Come on, these guys do look awesome, right?

Mega_Blaziken_Special-X-and-Y.jpg

ittybittyskitty

WannabePkmnProf
AtmosphericThunder said:
ittybittyskitty said:
Figure I should actually try and contribute to the conversation for once, instead of just observing, so hi, I'm new (please don't eat me lol).

I don't know if it's just me, but with the clearer pics up on the US website, doesn't it seem a bit like Lucario and Blaziken are somewhat corrupted/spliced with Xerneas and Yveltal??
Definitely easier to see it on MLucario with those markings that are strikingly similar to Yveltal, and then MBlaziken seems to have a Xerneas theme going on in the upper body with how his birdfluff is shaped, as well as a load of black added in the lower body, similar to said legendary.

My two cents at any rate ~

"Black patterns creep up and around Mega Lucario's arms and legs - marks left behind by the heightened aura energy that thrums throughout its body."

Xerneas and Yveltal have Fairy Aura and Dark Aura, so maybe Lucario could have a connection to the two Legendary Pokemon.

I'm probably jumping the gun a wee bit, but possibly these Mega Stones are made by the legends, and in a sense imparting the Pokémon with a bit of their power, thus being so rare (and Kalos only)? Would give a reason for the Flare's to be gung-ho to either capture the legends or create a megastone that can be mass produced - The latter idea being a valid reason to mess with genetics, which really feels like the prevailing story theme so far.

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
Wow, I was wondering how the animation would be for these Mega Evolutions (I wish the English version didn't keep that name) and it looks pretty cool! Oviously DNA related with the the little dna icon above their head when breaking out of the shell. Why didn't they showcase the three others?

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Chrono said:
Only during battle...
I am disappoint.

Hopefully, you just give the Pokemon the Stone and it can evolve without too much other nonsense. I really wanted Pokemon like Absol and Mawile to evolve normally, and this is just...weird! Don't HATE it, but I'm still not too sure about how much I like it until we get more information. At the very least, it will add a whole new dimension to the Metagame.

I think maybe the reasoning behind this is to not let Pokemon fully evolve so they have the option to make more drastic changes later, and they can evolve without saying it's an actual #4 in an evolution line. This is more along the lines of formes. The Pokemon can change back, which is good for a fan who may not like the new, more intense evolution.

I'm a little confused by this approach as well, but I think it allows Game Freak to branch out with their designs a bit more and use the leftover stuff from their drawing board in a new way.

jdivinity said:
Why didn't they showcase the three others?

They are milking it. They probably will show the others gradually over the next few weeks. Next month will likely be a flood of new Pokemon and then finally the whole dex.

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
ittybittyskitty said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

I'm probably jumping the gun a wee bit, but possibly these Mega Stones are made by the legends, and in a sense imparting the Pokémon with a bit of their power, thus being so rare (and Kalos only)? Would give a reason for the Flare's to be gung-ho to either capture the legends or create a megastone that can be mass produced - The latter idea being a valid reason to mess with genetics, which really feels like the prevailing story theme so far.
That awkward moment when WPM likes your post...

But in all seriousness, I definitely like the idea of the Legends giving some Pokemon a piece of their power. It could add a whole lot of interesting scenarios to the plot. Also, I tend to doubt that GF would make you pay for Mega Stones. If that actually does end up happening, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed that my favorite franchise had "sold out."
I have no problem paying for both versions of the game so that I can get the Version Exclusives, but once I have to pay extra after I actually pay for the game in he first place is where it crosses the line. I have never been a fan of DLCs in the first place, but doing that to Pokemon after all these years would be a slap in the face.

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
Wow, Mewtwo's new icon looks great compared to the one used since Gen III!
150.png

august_p12_02.jpg

Also, Torchic looked adorable as ever, and I'm sad Oorotto (or whatever his name is nowadays) has yet to be officially revealed.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
I think the video made me change my mind. In-game these look a LOT better. I'd still prefer them not to be there but I'll get over it.
Also, I know someone probably said this before but this pretty much confirms R/S remakes. Which goes along with this question. If we do get remakes, will we be able to use Mega Pokémon? It was stated that these evolutions are only found in the Kalos Region. Could this also mean that we can find Mega Pokémon in the wild?

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
If the mega evolutions only happen in Kalos, does that mean they won't be available in future games or in remakes this gen....

Bashamo

The Original Fire Fighter!
The super training facility is useless, what we really needed was a means of (legit) iv editing since breeding for perfect ivs is boring and time consuming.

ittybittyskitty

WannabePkmnProf
Chrono said:
ittybittyskitty said:
That awkward moment when WPM likes your post...

But in all seriousness, I definitely like the idea of the Legends giving some Pokemon a piece of their power. It could add a whole lot of interesting scenarios to the plot. Also, I tend to doubt that GF would make you pay for Mega Stones. If that actually does end up happening, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed that my favorite franchise had "sold out."
I have no problem paying for both versions of the game so that I can get the Version Exclusives, but once I have to pay extra after I actually pay for the game in he first place is where it crosses the line. I have never been a fan of DLCs in the first place, but doing that to Pokemon after all these years would be a slap in the face.
Haha, I'll admit I'm surprised to see the big admin like the post, but it goes a long way to making me feel at home here already! <3

But yes, paying for MegaStones/Mons would suck and I hope they never do that (that said, I'm a real sucker for anything Pokémon and would still probably pay, just with a heavy dose of complaining while it downloads XD) - On the flip side, I could see the Megalutions being a way to add more 'new' Pokémon to the games after they're complete, by way of just using the forme change data, which I imagine must be a bit easier than trying to make new DLC dex data.

And just while I reread my own post back there and thinking further on it - If there's a gym leader who supposedly teaches you the 'way of the mega', possibly there's an in-game debate about the 'chosen ones' who get to be mega, versus humans forcing some mons to go mega artificially, of which I'm guessing MegaMewtwo is a part of team artifical (again lol).

FT10

Aspiring Trainer
I'm starting to like the whole idea of mega evolutions more and more, especially since these aren't the only ones. Think of the possibilities! They look much cooler during the trailer than they do on the CoroCoro scans.

Speaking of the trailer, I was impressed by how cool rollerblading seems to look. Did you guys see the male character grinding a rail? Also, I was wondering about the new gym leader Korrina. Since she explains mega evolution to the character, does that mean we encounter her early on? If so, I wonder what that means about the path we take through Kalos, seeing as Shalour City is a coastal town. Also, she doesn't seem to be affiliated with a particular pokemon type either. Since she's the mega evolution expert, maybe she uses only pokemon who are capable of it. If so, I think that would make her the first gym leader since Blue in G/S/C to be a multitype leader.

Bashamo

The Original Fire Fighter!
Speaking of korrinas type, I think she'll use flying, fighting, or normal. Miscellaneous was unique to blue because he became a GL by default. I wouldn't like it if we had another multitype user, gym leaders dedicate their life to one type... regular trainers go for multitypes. The mono type thing is what makes gym leaders unique from the other npcs

Shiny Collector

Buying Shiny Lugia
CynicalGiant said:
GlaceonFanatic said:
Serebii confirmed that not all pokemon will have mega evolutions.

It will probably be every fully evolved pokemon rather than every pokemon.

If that were true this is how i could see playing x and y to be.

Oh hi cute little litleo lets have a battle!
Caught litleo awesome!
Oh hey look a stone that sparkles! I wonder what it is?
Oh hey another stone! And another and another and another! Wow these stones are as common as zubat in mt moon over in kanto!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Sky Pillar said:
Speaking of korrinas type, I think she'll use flying, fighting, or normal. Miscellaneous was unique to blue because he became a GL by default. I wouldn't like it if we had another multitype user, gym leaders dedicate their life to one type... regular trainers go for multitypes. The mono type thing is what makes gym leaders unique from the other npcs

Judging on the color behind her art on the official site, and the look of her gym badge in the VS screenshot, I'm gonna call her a Fighting GL.

Juicer101

Aspiring Trainer
Momaster12 said:
I think the video made me change my mind. In-game these look a LOT better. I'd still prefer them not to be there but I'll get over it.
Also, I know someone probably said this before but this pretty much confirms R/S remakes. Which goes along with this question. If we do get remakes, will we be able to use Mega Pokémon? It was stated that these evolutions are only found in the Kalos Region. Could this also mean that we can find Mega Pokémon in the wild?

They should put mega pokemon in the remake games

Neil

That Homosexual
CMP said:
Judging on the color behind her art on the official site, and the look of her gym badge in the VS screenshot, I'm gonna call her a Fighting GL.

You beat me to it, I was also going to say that Korrina is a fighting type Gym Leader for the same reasons. Which there's two Mega Pokemon so far that are of the fighting type so i'm expecting to see her with MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario. Maybe a MegaMienshao cause from the look of her hat..? Maybe that's pointing towards that.

I'm new btw.

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
The only way I will like this mega business is if Farfetch'd gets one
I want a megaduck.

But seriously I am very curious on how they will explain which pokemon gets a mega. And if these stones are natural, man made, or even pokemon made. If each pokemon has its own unique stone that we need to find hidden around Kalos, I can't imagine there would be a lot of mega pokemon.

Reggie McGigas

-
Hmm...While I'm not a fan of mega pokemon I will admit somehow the mechanic kinda makes sense and not some random 'IT'S OVER 9000 BLAM' thing that Pokemon would probally make. Also Mega Blazekin's cry is beast.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
For those people pointing out the "can be found only in the Kalos region!" thing, I think what they really mean is that Kalos is the only region so far that Megas can be found in (if that wasn't obvious but you know, for the kids), and doesn't mean there won't be more in future games c: