(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

More than anything I just hope these are not counted as new pokemon in themselves. If they say for instance that this gen has 150 new pokemon there'd better be 150 new pokemon, with "megas" being an additional feature to that.

It seems that way so far, fortunately.

I really like all the designs (I have to say that the only one that it's a bit boring is that "megaampharos") and the concept is interesting but... 649 pokemon + the new from 6th generation + the "megapokemon"...!!! O_O Ken Sugimori had a lot of work in this new generation...! We'll see what happends with all this, can't wait!

Gogoat said:
I think we can all agree that 4th Gen D/P may have had too many evolutions of old Pokemon, instead of new concepts/creations.

I'm not sure everyone agrees with this, giving a Pokemon a much needed evolution that's permanent is a much better solution for certain Pokemon than temporary Mega Forms...Especially since it's confirmed that not all Pokemon will get Mega Forms, I really do hope they do some older Pokemon justice and give them evolutions

Zaqix said:
Gogoat said:
I think we can all agree that 4th Gen D/P may have had too many evolutions of old Pokemon, instead of new concepts/creations.

I'm not sure everyone agrees with this, giving a Pokemon a much needed evolution that's permanent is a much better solution for certain Pokemon than temporary Mega Forms...Especially since it's confirmed that not all Pokemon will get Mega Forms, I really do hope they do some older Pokemon justice and give them evolutions

Maybe what they mean by not all pokemon having megaevolutions is that only final stages will, as opposed to every single stage pokemon? Unless they want to introduce them slowly the way they did with hidden abilities, otherwise it doesn't look fair to the ones that didn't get it.

EDIT: Anyone else noticed the froakie using surf in one of the scanners? Wonder what's that about...

Yep, something tells me that genetics definitely have to do with the Mega Evolutions, since they display the double helix symbol present in the Japanese logos above them when they Mega Evolve.

Honestly, while I'm still not really a fan, I think my main problems are, 1) the designs, and 2) the fact they're battle-only.

The designs, especially Lucario, Blaziken, Ampharos, and Absol, are really just "add stuff to make it look cooler!" If they looked a little more different (a la MegaMewtwo) or like actual evolutions (like MegaMawile), I'd be a little more accepting.

This brings me to my next point...the fact they're "battle-only." I'm very likely in the minority, but because this is why they remind me of Digimon (well, that and an extra "evolution"). If they bit the bullet and made Mega Evolution true evolutions (and not temporary form changes), I'd be more shocked initially but more accepting in the long run. It would feel less like Digimon and more "woah what the...?!"

That being said, given time to digest, I'm still not thrilled, but I am slightly less hesitant.

Only certain Pokemon, under certain conditions, can achieve Mega Evolution. One of those conditions is a special item called a Mega Stone. These special stones exist for every Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and each is named for the Pokemon to which it grants power. To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokemon to hold. Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later! Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

LOOOOOOOOL, I've laughed so much reading this! Oh GameFreak, I won't even try!

The animatin sort of reminds me of the animation used in Mega Man Star Force when Mega Man would transform into a new form.

duwi.jpg

I can already see it coming: "Purchase these exclusive MegaStones now for only $3.49 each. They´re not available during normal gameplay!" ...

I just found something cool, guys. Shalour City, the newly announced location, just so happens to be based off of Chaleur Bay, a FRENCH sightseeing destination. Not only that, both are seaside locations. So that's pretty neat.

Figure I should actually try and contribute to the conversation for once, instead of just observing, so hi, I'm new (please don't eat me lol).

I don't know if it's just me, but with the clearer pics up on the US website, doesn't it seem a bit like Lucario and Blaziken are somewhat corrupted/spliced with Xerneas and Yveltal??
Definitely easier to see it on MLucario with those markings that are strikingly similar to Yveltal, and then MBlaziken seems to have a Xerneas theme going on in the upper body with how his birdfluff is shaped, as well as a load of black added in the lower body, similar to said legendary.

My two cents at any rate ~

Besides Mega Evolutions, I'm starting to like Korrina. She's pretty cool. Ano what more – she skates! I'm sorry, Skyla, your brightness faded… ;-)

Dracidius said:
I can already see it coming: "Purchase these exclusive MegaStones now for only $3.49 each. They´re not available during normal gameplay!" ...

This Torchic is a wi-fi event just like many Pokemon have been before.

If there are other unavailable Mega Stones, players will most likely receive the lowest stage of the Pokemon that use those specific Mega Stones too (like how Torchic is the lowest stage of Blaziken). The Pokemon would be holding their final evolution's Mega Stone when you receive it on your game (such as Torchic holding Blazikenite, Blaziken's Mega Stone).

Only during battle...
I am disappoint.

Hopefully, you just give the Pokemon the Stone and it can evolve without too much other nonsense. I really wanted Pokemon like Absol and Mawile to evolve normally, and this is just...weird! Don't HATE it, but I'm still not too sure about how much I like it until we get more information. At the very least, it will add a whole new dimension to the Metagame.

AtmosphericThunder said:
Dracidius said:

This Torchic is a wi-fi event just like many Pokemon have been before.

If there are other unavailable Mega Stones, players will most likely receive the lowest stage of the Pokemon that use those specific Mega Stones too (like how Torchic is the lowest stage of Blaziken). The Pokemon would be holding their final evolution's Mega Stone when you receive it on your game (such as Torchic holding Blazikenite, Blaziken's Mega Stone).

I think it´s just marketing. You get the first one for free (just like you got the first DLC "Poké Forest Dungeon" for free in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS) so you see how awesome it is and after that you´ll have to pay.

I'm now over my inital concerns and am actually looking forward to this aspect of the game...Does anyone else find it weird that with the first batch of Mega Pokemon they didn't show any 5th or 6th gen Mega Pokemon?? I would think they'd have a representative from each generation just to show the variability, Idk

Back