Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still here. I think I have answered everything on Camo's case. I am certainly not bandwagoning, or lacking of individual thoughts as I proved it with my case (even if it is a bad case for you) and my questions of other players like TheFlyingPidove. No, I didn't make a case on TheFlyingPidove, but I still question her inactivity as opposed to what she said before the game, as an example for my own individual thought and scumhunting.
There was not a single point where I was echoing others, as I simply paraphrased the case on KX in order to better understand the case - That is something I do all the time. And the KX case was really unclear, I think many can agree with me. Now, the part where I waited and posted how I feel about the case, was in order to let KX response first without giving him ideas for defense. Since Celever already posted about the case, there was no point in waiting, and so I posted what I feel about it.
Asking many questions is how I play. I don't see how can it possibly be scummy, in any shape or form.
Bandwagoning is something I didn't do in a scummy way. I did not hop on the quaking case just because, and I think it is very clear how I first wanted to see what is the case, analyze it, asking quaking about it, and only then, when I see the case is legit, vote for quaking. Same goes for any vote I place on anyone that I am not the one who brought the case on them originally.

As for my emotions. Yes, I got emotional during Camo's attack of posting. Same happened to me before. I am not good at staying cool against his pressure. I have no idea why.

What else do you want me to talk about that I have not covered yet?

For one, I don't think you should've held back on what you think about a case. It's a little like what happened with Morda. Always post your thoughts, because it's not like they won't be contribution or anuthing.

For two, why would you be concerned about giving KX ideas for defence? Any other player could've posted and KX may or may not have gotten ideas for his defence. This stands out a little to me.

In response to your last little thing at the end, I have this: Camo asked you who you think is scum, and you haven't yet answered. Could you please do that?

Knew this would happen. Anything I could post would actually just have been called out for echoing camo, so there was really nothing I can do. That's what happens when you're always called out as scummy, everyone!
I understand your frustration,but that last sentence just seems like AtE and makes you look slightly suspicious.

About sm, I'm not completely sold on his case. Of course part of me thinks something's off, but him not contributing as much as he usually does is not really a valid point, even if it does make him look kinda suspicious. If you think about it, that argument is the same that was used for KX, him not playing at the top of his game. But from what I read, the persons involved agreed that that wasn't a good reason for a case, and the case was later dropped. Now, some people are starting to accept that reason because Camo is the one making the case, and that's definitely off.

For one, I don't think you should've held back on what you think about a case. It's a little like what happened with Morda. Always post your thoughts, because it's not like they won't be contribution or anuthing.

For two, why would you be concerned about giving KX ideas for defence? Any other player could've posted and KX may or may not have gotten ideas for his defence. This stands out a little to me.

In response to your last little thing at the end, I have this: Camo asked you who you think is scum, and you haven't yet answered. Could you please do that?

1. I did it in order to hear what KX might say under pressure, even if the case is bad (he might not be aware of it). If one's pressure becomes lower due to others dismissing the case, they might not, for example, slip under pressure, as they see others don't buy the case. That was my line of thinking. You think it is not good? Fine, now explain how it is scummy.

2. Read 1

3. He was sarcastic, I think.
Anyway, I think TGK is scum, as my vote is on him. This case is really not a big one, it is all I have for now, but that doesn't mean I am scum for not having better ideas for a lynch.

1. I did it in order to hear what KX might say under pressure, even if the case is bad (he might not be aware of it). If one's pressure becomes lower due to others dismissing the case, they might not, for example, slip under pressure, as they see others don't buy the case. That was my line of thinking. You think it is not good? Fine, now explain how it is scummy.
I think this is suspicious (not scummy, suspicious) because you could have pressured KX more with your thoughts. You say that questioning is a big part of your playstyle, and you could have integrated that with your thoughts (which could have also been contribution and slightly weakened the case on you) to push KX further into the uncomfortable spot he was in. Because you waited for Celever to do this, it put you in a bad position and made you look suspicious. However, the fact that you waited looks scummy, as you wanted to wait for someone more towny to post first, and then hopefully get town credits with your post.

I think this is suspicious (not scummy, suspicious) because you could have pressured KX more with your thoughts. You say that questioning is a big part of your playstyle, and you could have integrated that with your thoughts (which could have also been contribution and slightly weakened the case on you) to push KX further into the uncomfortable spot he was in. Because you waited for Celever to do this, it put you in a bad position and made you look suspicious. However, the fact that you waited looks scummy, as you wanted to wait for someone more towny to post first, and then hopefully get town credits with your post.

How could I have pressured KX by saying the case on him is weak? >_>

Ah yes. You proved it extremely well by referencing a single extremely hypocritical small case.

I am not bandwagoning -not because of the tgk case, but because of what I said earlier- I don't vote people just because, I vote only after I see the case is legit, and it can be reflected through my questions about the case and me saying clearly that I want to read the case on quaking to better understand it.
The point of lack of individual thought is false, and for THAT point, I used the example of the tgk case, my questions for TheFlyingPidove and my comments on the other cases. And, again- If the case is weak for you , no matter how much it is weak/bad, that is not scummy.

@homeofmew You too. Did I sub you in for nothing?

Sorry everyone! The last week of school was pretty chaotic, plus first week of holidays been crazy busy!

Fine, whatever.

##UNVOTE: Mordacazir
##VOTE: Scattered Mind

Camo's case is solid and Scattered hasn't been contributing as much as previous games, which is extremely unusual.

Also, if @homeofmew and @GM DracLord could post their thoughts, that would be great.

No, Drac subbed IN for excal.

Knew this would happen. Anything I could post would actually just have been called out for echoing camo, so there was really nothing I can do. That's what happens when you're always called out as scummy, everyone!

These 3 consecutive posts by TGK are laughable! Massive backpedal, tagging inactives (scum move to appear townie), and the big "I'm always scummy" AtE right at the end!

##vote: thegrovylekid

As for the scattered case, yeah in my opinion he does seem to be playing a lot differently. Day 1 I read him a town because I thought he was playing his usual game, but today his posting as been a bit different... All that aside, I'm personally more confident with the TGK Lynch today!

I'm also a bit wary of Bb. That whole business with KX, and the fact he just "dropped" the case, might look like he's found a case out of nothing to appear as town. But Celever defended well? I don't know, something there urks me.

I'm still here. I think I have answered everything on Camo's case. I am certainly not bandwagoning, or lacking of individual thoughts as I proved it with my case (even if it is a bad case for you) and my questions of other players like TheFlyingPidove. No, I didn't make a case on TheFlyingPidove, but I still question her inactivity as opposed to what she said before the game, as an example for my own individual thought and scumhunting.
-snip-
Asking many questions is how I play. I don't see how can it possibly be scummy, in any shape or form.
Bandwagoning is something I didn't do in a scummy way. I did not hop on the quaking case just because, and I think it is very clear how I first wanted to see what is the case, analyze it, asking quaking about it, and only then, when I see the case is legit, vote for quaking. Same goes for any vote I place on anyone that I am not the one who brought the case on them originally.

-snip-
Other than the bolded being odd, I'm finding a lot of this post pretty genuine frustration and irritation. Although I think the SM lynch is one of the better options today, I feel like TGK is better, and far less risky.

I understand your frustration,but that last sentence just seems like AtE and makes you look slightly suspicious
How...?

I'll be away until tomorrow and have no internet access until I get back.
Oh, how convenient. v__v
And no comment on your case at all. Nothing.

Other than the bolded being odd, I'm finding a lot of this post pretty genuine frustration and irritation. Although I think the SM lynch is one of the better options today, I feel like TGK is better, and far less risky.

What I meant was that it is not logical to accuse me for bandwagoning. Bandwagon, the scummy act- as I understand it, is when you just join a wagon with no reason. And that is something I never did.

What I meant was that it is not logical to accuse me for bandwagoning. Bandwagon, the scummy act- as I understand it, is when you just join a wagon with no reason. And that is something I never did.
I think you might be slightly confused. You obviously joined the wagon because you wanted to blend in with the town. You didn't join the wagon for no reason.

I think you might be slightly confused. You obviously joined the wagon because you wanted to blend in with the town. You didn't join the wagon for no reason.

No- that is a better definition to Bandwagon. But that is not what I did.

Bandwagon, the scummy act- as I understand it, is when you just join a wagon with no reason. And that is something I never did.

No- that is a better definition to Bandwagon. But that is not what I did.
I'm not entirely sure what to say about this, but this is a little odd. If that wasn't what you did, then what did you do?

I'm not entirely sure what to say about this, but this is a little odd. If that wasn't what you did, then what did you do?

Bandwagoning- voting for someone without explanation, and thus be suspect for bandwagoning to appear town and blend in- is something I didn't do . I did not hop on the quaking case just because, and I think it is very clear how I first wanted to see what is the case, analyze it, asking quaking about it, and only then, when I see the case is legit, vote for quaking. Same goes for any vote I place on anyone that I am not the one who brought the case on them originally.

I think this is the 3rd time I explain this.

Here are some main posts from the process that lead me to join the quaking wagon:

I need to read back what is the case on quaking.

@quakingpunch73 Why did you twist the things Jesi said about scumhunting?
I still need to read back to better understand the part with camo in Celever's case.

You know, quaking does have a point about Excal. We can get a decent amount of info based on how many people wrote their opinion about the case on him.
@Celever I don't think quaking is less aggressive than past games. Or at least not to a great extant. Quaking's accusing Celever and Jesi for buddying is weird. Usually buddying is something people accuse someone because they defended someone else, not agreeing with a case.

The aggressiveness isn't the main point, however. I'm being more aggressive with quaking than I normally am on Day 1 too, because I really think I've found scum with him. The point is the content of his posts, not the tone of them, and the content of his posts has been analysed plenty by me.

Although, thanks to Jesi requoting my post, I think I know what you're referring to now. His only other analysis with town vs mafia is in Fire Emblem and Dimensional Shift. In Fire Emblem he subbed in fairly late, so there was enough information for him to have sufficient security. In Dimensional Shift, he didn't become very aggressive until quite late in the game. Earlier on, he was more quiet and sheepy. In both of those games he was town.

In Splatoon, he was aggressive and assured from the start, because he was in an informed faction, or at least as much as everyone else (and a lot of information was given by me and Prof).

The issue isn't whether he's normally assured, it's in what circumstances is he the most aggressive in. When he's lost he curls up, and he should be lost on early Day 1 if he's a townie. But he's not doing that, he's trying to take the forefront as much as he can and he's pushing for lynches with little substance to back them up because the popular opinion is going that way. The latter is mafia play no matter what way you swing it, and the former is uncharacteristic for his town meta.

I am on my phone trying to read about the full case on quaking and to understand it.
So far this is what I understood:

Quaking twisted the things that Jesi had said about the fact that she is not sure how to start scumhunting, by saying that she had said she doesn't know how to scumhunt in general,thus lying about that.

Is that the core of the case on quaking?

Just a brief explanation about what I mean by core case-
The main thing that a case is made of, without other additional things, such as OMGUS AtE etc..(me just trying to create a new term)

That's indeed what tipped me off to the possibility that quaking is scum. However, further analysis has been conducted since then. I'll try to be concise for you:
  • He dodged my case. Evidence for this is that he posted 6 times between my case and his response, and those 6 posts were over the span of 50 minutes. He also only responded when a player, who, by the way, wasn't me, told him to.
  • He has backpedalled and retracted earlier statements about why he didn't respond. He went from not reading the post to reading it, but not seeing worth in responding.
  • This is just a metaread, but he is definitely playing more riskily than he does when he's unsure of himself. And a townie on early Day 1 will always be unsure of themselves.
  • The content of his case on Jesi was also complete lies. For evidence, see my point on EM in this post (near the bottom). Then see quaking's lack of a response to it even now. He lied about it because he was being manipulative and he had momentum at the time from Camo's semi-serious vote, and really that's all there is to it.

Now, let us play a game. Tell me why, out of these posts with people joining the quaking wagon, my vote is a scummy bandwagon ?

Thanks Celever.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Quakingpunch73

I am looking mainly on the prime reason in that case. Quaking has twisted the things that Jesi had said. On top of that, Quaking have not provife any valid respond to it, nor an explanation with quotes to show otherwise that the case is not true.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: QUAKINGPUNCH73

The more you point this out, the scummier quaking looks... I thought it was legitimate contributing. Lemme change my vote real quick:

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: QuakingPunch73

After looking at everything, quaking is the better lynch today.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: quakingpunch73

That's enough.

Majority's 11, no? We're nowhere near majority.

##UNVOTE: JESI
##VOTE: QUAKINGPUNCH73

Ok, ok, sorry lol. School's been over for almost a week now. :p

##VOTE: quakingpunch73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back