Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying that people's cases are good is AtE. If I say your cases are good, you will generally be fairly happy with that, and it is a technique scum may like to use to get people on their side.

I meant that Celever's general cases are good, not that specific case. If that is AtE for you.. so be it.

This also doesn't address Camo's point that you posts consistently have a way out.

I don't even know how to address that. I am not saying things as they are facts. So? I am not sure for anything- That is the point of this game. I never pin someone as "for sure scum/for sure town") and I have no idea what is scummy about that.

I don't think you have actually addressed the fact that your questions don't contribute all that much.

Well, they suppose to help me for one thing, to decide if a case is good or not. Other questions I have asked that are useless and were not something I needed for myself?
If there are too many questions that don't help anyone, I am sorry, that is not something I do to appear town, but something I do to better understand cases or to get reactions.

Gee, I'm torn. I'm getting a really genuine feel from scattered's posts but he looks much scummier than any other lead today. :/

Do you by any chance have any reason why you are not scum @scattered? I don't mean based on role, I mean what you've done in thread.

If there are too many questions that don't help anyone, I am sorry, that is not something I do to appear town, but something I do to better understand cases or to get reactions.
This here looks like frustrated AtE to me.

I meant that Celever's general cases are good, not that specific case. If that is AtE for you.. so be it.
I can see where you're coming from with this, but the Celever statement comes across as AtE to me no matter how you put it. Outside the game would've been the best place to say it.

This here looks like frustrated AtE to me.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but the Celever statement comes across as AtE to me no matter how you put it. Outside the game would've been the best place to say it.
In this AtE is scummy because...?

Going to answer that question better.

When the game resumed, I said this:
I’m going to improve on what I did wrong and do my best to contribute.
I've really been trying to contribute to the game and although some of it might not be as strong or good as others, I'm doing my best to make the effort.

Scum can say that just as much as town. Spouting tells (i.e. AtE) amounts to nothing much if you don't know the difference between scummy AtE and towny AtE.

I've my final test on the 14th, so I'll probably just read during the day and catch up + post on the night. For now, some stuff I read and caught my attention.

TGK tried very hard to take attention off of him and onto mord, which is why I am voting for him, but scattered flipping scum would give strength to this lead

I'm... torn. Normally, you 'd say that is a scummy thing to do. But as I said before, TGK and I are both known to play a bit scummy regardless of our alignment, and I'm one of the people that, for making a case on someone out of the blue or for defying the logic on dumb cases (as I usually do) can definitely be seen as scum by "detouring attention" or by defending someone. I can bet you $100 that someone will say I'm defending Carson, but I'm just defying the poor logic used against him. Like when yesterday Jesi got played hard by Quaking, it was an absurd case by him.

The main reason why I think tgk is scum is that I believe his activity and content of his posts are similar to those in the game where he and I were scums.

What I wrote above. That's why I'm "discrediting" (for lack of a better word) that"scumtell" above, because it's something I completely see myself doing.

His posts all have a way out. They all have a clause which gives him a way to get out of any blame.

And this is what stroke me the most from the case on SM. He does question a lot, like usual, but he makes direct statements, not "ifs" and "maybes". My vote is set on him.

##Vote: scattered mind

Gee, I'm torn. I'm getting a really genuine feel from scattered's posts but he looks much scummier than any other lead today. :/

Do you by any chance have any reason why you are not scum @scattered? I don't mean based on role, I mean what you've done in thread.

You have asked me this question before. I don't know how am I suppose to give myself townie points. Everything I do, from my point of view, is good. (asking questions, clearing cases, share my opinion on them, asking TFP about their pregame promise to be active/saying how I get little townie vibes from Luis, checking that further by asking him about what he said about KX reaction (which he ignored, so these townie vibes are off btw)/ making Celever to create a clearer post about quaking's case/ question your case on KX, but holding myself to let KX react to all the points first) However, all of the things I see good- people think are scummy- so what can I do about that? I see myself as more daring to speak my mind about cases than other games - I find myself looking for the townie things people do- not just the scummy things, which is something I have never done before, and I consider that as a development of myself as a player. However, once again- people find it scummy.

Above all, it seems like all the votes on me are from people that completely follow the Camo translation for the things I did (except from PP who made a case on me and ignored my response to it until the Camo case appeared, which he conveniently used to pop out and say that my lynch is the best).

You have asked me this question before.
Not this game, I haven't... >~>;

I don't know how am I suppose to give myself townie points. Everything I do, from my point of view, is good. (asking questions, clearing cases, share my opinion on them, asking TFP about their pregame promise to be active/saying how I get little townie vibes from Luis, checking that further by asking him about what he said about KX reaction (which he ignored, so these townie vibes are off btw)/ making Celever to create a clearer post about quaking's case/ question your case on KX, but holding myself to let KX react to all the points first) However, all of the things I see good- people think are scummy- so what can I do about that? I see myself as more daring to speak my mind about cases than other games - I find myself looking for the townie things people do- not just the scummy things, which is something I have never done before, and I consider that as a development of myself as a player. However, once again- people find it scummy.
So, you are town because you have shown interest in various cases and you are looking at both scummy and towny actions of players (a linked example would be good, since I don't remember this)? Good! I didn't realise that later point (if it is true). To be honest, I think these are both townie things, and it makes a bit more confident on vote on TGK rather than you. However, let me just tell you that complaining about people voting for you is not helping anyone.

Above all, it seems like all the votes on me are from people that completely follow the Camo translation for the things I did (except from PP who made a case on me and ignored my response to it until the Camo case appeared, which he conveniently used to pop out and say that my lynch is the best).
This is false. Luis' vote is a prime example. He's not voting you for Camo's commentary. He's voting you for being more flippy than usual, which is a legitimate point that Camo has provided.

So, you are town because you have shown interest in various cases and you are looking at both scummy and towny actions of players (a linked example would be good, since I don't remember this)? Good! I didn't realise that later point (if it is true). To be honest, I think these are both townie things, and it makes a bit more confident on vote on TGK rather than you. However, let me just tell you that complaining about people voting for you is not helping anyone.

OK.

This quote was used against me by Camo to say how I want to find a way out. It is simply me commenting on the Jesi case by saying that I read her actions as her town meta, thus I need more evidence.

PikaMaster is acting the same as she did last game (that is mafia vs town). It's just that now she is under more pressure. I still need more evidence before deciding if she's scum or not.

Some examples from the quaking case:

I don't think quaking is less aggressive than past games. Or at least not to a great extant. Quaking's accusing Celever and Jesi for buddying is weird. Usually buddying is something people accuse someone because they defended someone else, not agreeing with a case.

I am now trying to understand the case on quaking better, and it takes time for me since it is a case made by you, and therefore, requires a bit of time to fully understand. Not because it is hard to understand your cases, but because your cases are very good and long. And I am on my phone.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Quakingpunch73

I am looking mainly on the prime reason in that case. Quaking has twisted the things that Jesi had said. On top of that, Quaking have not provife any valid respond to it, nor an explanation with quotes to show otherwise that the case is not true.

Here I ask KX about his thoughts on the quaking case- the main case, since he commented only on the AtE post quaking made. Am I repeating someone else here? NO.

But what do you think about the main point on quakingpunch?

Here is the post where I share what I think about Mia's defending on the Excal case which she did not explain. Later on, Mia comment to my post and explain herself. Am I repeating someone else here? NO.

Actually, Mia is indeed his biggest defender. Celever only said that quaking's case is better. Mia is the only one calling the case on Excal "extremely weak" with no explanation, as well as ignoring my request for why she thinks that.

Here is D2- I question KX's post, in which he said he did not think Keeper is scum. Also, I am sharing my thought on his point on Celever. Finally, I am sharing my individual read on Vom- evidence to me looking for the townie things players do. Am I repeating someone else here? NO.

What's the reason you didn't think Keeper is scum ?

Your other point about Celever is kinda WIFOM, and I don't think we should give him towny points for that.

I am giving some tiny towny points for Vom, if anything, because he was fairly active (usually he is inactive when he is scum).

This is my post on tgk: Am I repeating someone else here? NO.

That's the kind of posts TGK makes when he is scum. The kind of posts where he is trying to appear like he is contributing but he is not.
Plus, he assumes that RF is clear, completely trusting Celever.

##VOTE:thegrovylekid

This is my point on TFP. Am I repeating someone else here? NO.

@TheFlyingPidove has claimed before the game started that she is going to be more active in the game. Possible sign for her being new scum.

This is what Luis wrote about my post on tgk:

Everything fits his "scum meta". I think TGK and I are the players that, no matter what we do, we always end up scummy somehow until we're cleared :v

On the KX deal, I don't recall seeing him react like that, so it's something worth mentioning.

This is my post- giving him towny points becuase of that frustration that I read as town.

This post gives me some townie vibes. I don't see him reacts like that as scum from some reason.

Here, I ask him about his thoughts.

How does KX react?

And, I earlier said that Luis ignored that, but I read back and he sorta commented on that question:

And KX's reaction was relatively harsh compared to what I've seen from him.

Scattered sounds genuine to me, I don't think he's the optimal lynch for today.

TGK on the other hand has conveniently disappeared with no internet. In addition to all the pressure already on him.

A townie would have defended with whatever chance he had.

scattered was always a terrible lynch and I was reading him as p town this whole game. Just annoying I was busy and couldn't come in to try and defend him a bit sooner, but he's done an adequate job himself. I also wanted to pressure Carson so I didn't talk about scattered too much, and he dodged the point, so I think that already makes TGK a better lynch than scattered.

scattered has been contributing and his questions are helpful. I don't think the quaking lynch would have happened if he hadn't asked me to tl;dr my case, for example. That didn't just benefit scattered, that helped out the whole town. And questioning happens all the time in werewolf; I question lots of people. scattered also shares his opinions quite a lot, so I think that part of the case is kinda twisted... he just likes to get a good picture of the scene before stating definite opinions. Which is exactly the same as what bb did in the last couple of pages. In fact, bb did exactly the same thing with the case on scattered as scattered did with the case on quaking. First he asked the person who made the case to tl;dr it because he wasn't sure of the main points in the case, and then he pointed out the parts of the case which were most convincing to him and placed a vote. How is this not a townie action?

TGK avoided my point on him and ignored my questions, despite having posted since I asked it. And there are no good lynches today, so let's roll.

@Professor Palutena, I saw you poked your head in for a two-liner. What exactly is it about scattered's case which you thought was so robust? You said it was by far the best case today, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it more developed. :)

Scattered sounds genuine to me, I don't think he's the optimal lynch for today.

TGK on the other hand has conveniently disappeared with no internet. In addition to all the pressure already on him.

A townie would have defended with whatever chance he had.
Hence you leave your vote on scattered.

scattered was always a terrible lynch and I was reading him as p town this whole game. Just annoying I was busy and couldn't come in to try and defend him a bit sooner, but he's done an adequate job himself. I also wanted to pressure Carson so I didn't talk about scattered too much, and he dodged the point, so I think that already makes TGK a better lynch than scattered.
Care to explain the vote you placed on scattered here if you always thought the lynch was terrible?

Vote count as of post 726

mordacazir: 1 (FP Effect thegrovylekid)
bbninjas: 0 (King Xerneas Celever mordacazir)
Reinforce: 0 (Celever
thegrovylekid: 4 (scattered mind, Celever, bbninjas, @Squirtle Squad)
King Xerneas: 0 (bbninjas)
@scattered mind: 6 (Professor Palutena, Camoclone PikaMasterJesi, thegrovylekid, Camoclone, King Xerneas, Luispipe8)

Not voting: 6 (@double o squirtle, GM DracLord, Reinforce, Jabberwock, @homeofmew, @Vom)

scattered mind is at L-4.

Day two ends July 8 at 9 AM CST or about 24.5 hours from the time of this post.

Tagged players need to post more or risk being subbed out. scattered is tagged because he has the most votes.

Swear to god I oughta have subtitled this game "bb, Camo, and Celever Fun Time"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back