Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Professor Palutena

Day 1 started with quaking pursuing Jesi since she believed RVS was over due to him voting for TFP for lurking, Jesi went on to defend herself and people started to like the votes on her. Then Excal showed up saying someone said they should post (possibly due to Jesi tagging them) and people went after them for saying that and then acting very weird and sarcastic. Celever swoops in with a case on quaking with Jesi heavily agreeing with Celever's case which leads to quaking claiming they were buddying. People start feeling suspicious of quaking and he claims, everyone thinks it is a safeclaim. Quaking resorts to a little sarcastic AtE toward Celever asking what would happen when he flips town, lots of people don't respond well to that statement and after some inactivity he is lynched.

That's as much as I got from memory.

After going back and reading, I'm now not that surprised that I was so confused during late Day 1... that day was just a mess - that fiasco involving Jesi, quaking, TGK and Excal in particular. There's so much anti-town stuff that seems characteristic to them... although that certainly doesn't make any excusable. That said, I'm reading Excal as likely town. His posts meet my expectations for a new town in the circumstance he got thrusted into early Day 1.

Here's my more random thoughts on a few posts in a spoiler:

Time to go re-read Werewoilf 33, because I kinda forgot. •__•"
This still irks me a lot. Town don't need to remember how to scumhunt.

@ExcalAura4D it's been almost 20 minutes and you're still viewing the thread. What's taking so long?
This also strikes me as odd. Vom should know by now that this isn't scummy, and that there are many possibilities to why someone hasn't responded yet. Twenty minutes isn't even that long anyway! I'm not sure if this is truly an indicator of alignment, but it is scummy.

@TheFlyingPidove is viewing the thread. Post thoughts, please.
I don't even know how TGK manages makes soooooo many of these super scummy posts. I didn't bother quoting them.

Like others have pointed out this seems like a slip. He admits he isn't really paying attention which normally triggers me but his tone leads me to believe he is being genuine.
This is a little odd. I don't understand why so many people were entertaining the idea that Excal scum-slipped, considering the very likely reason why Excal posted what he did. In Camo's case, I'm putting it down as Camo's play-style, but I'll be commenting on a few other players doing a similar thing later.

Is it a good idea to put my vote back on?
I don't like how Jesi is now making sure everything they do is acceptable in the eyes of the town. Sounds like scum playing safe.

On to Keeper, he really didn't make many posts of substance. They were either fluff or solely focused on quaking, which is pretty much irrelevant now that quaking flipped. :/ However, slight inno points to scattered here because while possible, I don't think it is likely that Keeper would agree with a scumbuddy suggesting to hammer.

My lead comes in the next post.

Aaaand here is my lead.

I don't even know where to stand on Excal's case tbh. He could've scum slipped, but as morda pointed out I think it's because Jesi tagged him to view the thread. I am, however, not a fan of him being sarcastic and trying to be direct. If you have nothing to hide just be out with it.
As I mentioned in the spoiler, entertaining the thought that Excal slipped is scummy, considering there was a highly plausible reason (Jesi's tag) for Excal's response. However, unlike when Camo does this, I don't think King X is trying to extract reactions. Rather, this looks like scum making sure they do not close any developing lynch options, so they can jump on the lynch at a later stage without being called out for bandwagoning. This evidence caused me to look into King X's posts in more detail, and then build a case.

A lynch on either quaking or Jesi could provide interesting information though as lynching Jesi would provide us more of a lead onto what Excal's alignment is, while quaking's lynch could potentially give us a better lead on Jesi's alignment.
I find it interesting that King X hasn't followed this up.

I do agree that quaking is being a little too harsh, but isn't this a normal quaking play? If it isn't then I could definitely see it as being similar to what Reinforce (who was scum) did in Order in the Court.
Potentially King X trying to gain inno credit because as scum he would've known that quaking was town. Some more evidence of this: [A, B]. The "potentially" is because this point is WIFOMy to an extent, so it is more minor evidence.

Anyways um to be fair I'm super lost on the quaking case. I thought he was scum but after the claim (which could totally still be a safe-claim) and revealing it was his plan to get lynched took me by complete surprise.
I find this funny, because from King X's posts before the claim, it seemed like he was read quaking as townier, or at least had a grasp on the quaking case. This sounds like scum backpedaling to me...

Well definitely didn't see Keeper as scum, but it seems almost everybody was voting for quaking. Celever already stated he would be on the chopping block if it was a mislynch and seemed overall confident quaking was scum, so I'm getting more towny vibes from him. I'm a bit unsure about Jesi, but I'll wait till she can explain for herself.
This comes across to me as King X latching onto easier pushes (Celever, Jesi), something that scum do a lot.

Then Excal showed up saying someone said they should post (possibly due to Jesi tagging them) and people went after them for saying that
I do not like how King X is being general and pretending that he did not do this.

People start feeling suspicious of quaking and he claims, everyone thinks it is a safeclaim.
Very general again. Sticking up for your scumbuddies who were on the quaking lynch, King X?

tl;dr
King Xerneas is scummy because:
- Most notably, King X was entertaining the idea that Excal scumslipped
- Thus he makes sure he doesn't close the opportunity, so he can jump on the lynch at a later stage if he so wished.​
- Not following-up on Jesi after quaking's flip, despite saying he would
- Trying to gain inno-cred from the quaking lynch despite solid evidence for the lynch
- Backpedalling
- Latching onto easy pushes
- Pretending they didn't "go after" Excal
- Potentially sticking up for scumbuddies

##VOTE: King Xerneas

@bbninjas
My "recap" for PP didn't cover any of my actions as I was stating "major" events that had happened Day 1. Why would I mention my actions anyways? If I was going to state that I did go after Excal would I also mention that post stating my opinions on Jesi? Or what about my possible doubt in the quaking case? I was trying to keep it objective to because putting my own personal opinions on a recap is pointless.

Plus look at the votes. How would I stick up for my scumbuddies if almost everyone voted for quaking including himself. Simsands also voted for him and he flipped town.

Also how was I latching onto easy lynches? I was simply stating something somebody was going to bring up, Celever created the case on quaking and even noted he would be a target if quaking flipped town, and Jesi was an early adopter of the lynch. I can't follow up on anything for Jesi since she's not even here atm so why not wait till she's here?

And finally don't get started on the post about me being lost around the mess of Day 1's ending. You just said yourself you were confused, I just verbalized it earlier.

@bbninjas
My "recap" for PP didn't cover any of my actions as I was stating "major" events that had happened Day 1. Why would I mention my actions anyways? If I was going to state that I did go after Excal would I also mention that post stating my opinions on Jesi? Or what about my possible doubt in the quaking case? I was trying to keep it objective to because putting my own personal opinions on a recap is pointless.
This is amusing. I'll explain after I comment on your other paragraphs.

Plus look at the votes. How would I stick up for my scumbuddies if almost everyone voted for quaking including himself. Simsands also voted for him and he flipped town.
"Everyone" did not think it was a safeclaim. Or at the very least, that is not why they voted for quaking. This is the issue.

Also how was I latching onto easy lynches? I was simply stating something somebody was going to bring up, Celever created the case on quaking and even noted he would be a target if quaking flipped town, and Jesi was an early adopter of the lynch. I can't follow up on anything for Jesi since she's not even here atm so why not wait till she's here?
That would be misreading on my part, apologies. Fortunately this reaction is perfect for continuing to build the case.

And finally don't get started on the post about me being lost around the mess of Day 1's ending. You just said yourself you were confused, I just verbalized it earlier.
Nono, please get started. I would like some proper defense from you. This circumstance is different to me. From the posts you made before quaking's claim, it looked like you had a pretty good idea on what the case was all about. And then suddenly (that is, four hours later) you were lost. Between this post and this post, there is not anything that should have this suddenly made get you lost. You were around for the start of the pressure, I was not.

So, you just defended the part of the case that was weakest, and you pointed out a flaw caused by my misreading. What about everything else? The important parts of the case? The initial three points that ignored entirely? Just so you know, I knew before posting that the "pretending" was the weakest part... however I left it in purely for reactions sake. You took the bait and commented only on the weak parts. By doing so, you have shown that you do not have any defense for your actions.

Votes as of 534

mordacazir: 1 (FP Effect)
bbninjas: 1 (King Xerneas)
Reinforce: 0 (Celever)
thegrovylekid: 1 (scattered mind)
King Xerneas: 1 (bbninjas)

Not voting: 14 (PikaMasterJesi, thegrovylekid, double o squirtle, Camoclone, ExcalAura4D, Squirtle Squad, Reinforce, Luispipe8, Jabberwock, Miyami~~, Celever, TheFlyingPidove, mordacazir, Vom)

Day 2 ends July 4 at 9 AM CST or about 75.5 hours from the time of this post.

I don't really have anything to add >~>

My role isn't at all useful like the Mia Fey was, and we don't have good scumreads on anyone yet.

How does one's role has anything to do with their level of activity? You should be active and try to contribute regardless of your role.

The fact is- your level of activity matches your scum meta.

Hmm, I'm a little confused on what Celever has said about me, but I don't think he'd stick his neck out in favor of me like this considering we were arguing a bit at the end of the yesterday. If he's town, then this would just be a simple "clearing" of another with abilities. If he's scum, he might be trying to preemptively prevent me from questioning him or getting buddy/town points.

I would want to hear from PikaMasterJesi too but it looks like she's V/LA. Well, just got to wait, I guess.

I'll do some reading on past posts for now, and then compile them with some comments. Be hanging around in a couple hours.

This is amusing. I'll explain after I comment on your other paragraphs.

"Everyone" did not think it was a safeclaim. Or at the very least, that is not why they voted for quaking. This is the issue.

That would be misreading on my part, apologies. Fortunately this reaction is perfect for continuing to build the case.

Nono, please get started. I would like some proper defense from you. This circumstance is different to me. From the posts you made before quaking's claim, it looked like you had a pretty good idea on what the case was all about. And then suddenly (that is, four hours later) you were lost. Between this post and this post, there is not anything that should have this suddenly made get you lost. You were around for the start of the pressure, I was not.

So, you just defended the part of the case that was weakest, and you pointed out a flaw caused by my misreading. What about everything else? The important parts of the case? The initial three points that ignored entirely? Just so you know, I knew before posting that the "pretending" was the weakest part... however I left it in purely for reactions sake. You took the bait and commented only on the weak parts. By doing so, you have shown that you do not have any defense for your actions.

When I said everyone thought it was a safeclaim it was a generalization, like this is a common thing. Did you really expect me to put in exactly who thought is was a safeclaim. I can only be so specific when I'm trying to generalize the entirety of day 1 while in line to pick up some burritos.

With the quaking case, yes I felt like knew what was going pre-claim, going after someone pretty intensely (which you're also doing), and Celever pointed out this could be a scum tactic. Made sense to me, but I still had a sliver of a doubt as I also asked if it was normal quaking play to be that intense. Quaking then claims and shortly after and it's apparently part of his plan to be lynched. Also when the claim and the reactions to the claim happened I was offline and quite a bit happened before I posted my reaction to it. I mean didn't someone hammer quaking and then retracted their vote? That's also when things got messy and I was confused by his "plot" and people trying to make something of his claim and his seemingly aggressive actions. I just had a simple change of opinion after a fat load of info was dumped on us that's about it (not-so-confused --> confused).

Did I miss anything else? I think I covered the rest in this post.

How does one's role has anything to do with their level of activity? You should be active and try to contribute regardless of your role.

The fact is- your level of activity matches your scum meta.
Everything fits his "scum meta". I think TGK and I are the players that, no matter what we do, we always end up scummy somehow until we're cleared :v

On the KX deal, I don't recall seeing him react like that, so it's something worth mentioning.

Everything fits his "scum meta". I think TGK and I are the players that, no matter what we do, we always end up scummy somehow until we're cleared :v

On the KX deal, I don't recall seeing him react like that, so it's something worth mentioning.

This post gives me some townie vibes. I don't see him reacts like that as scum from some reason.

How does KX react?

Hmm, I'm a little confused on what Celever has said about me, but I don't think he'd stick his neck out in favor of me like this considering we were arguing a bit at the end of the yesterday. If he's town, then this would just be a simple "clearing" of another with abilities. If he's scum, he might be trying to preemptively prevent me from questioning him or getting buddy/town points.

I would want to hear from PikaMasterJesi too but it looks like she's V/LA. Well, just got to wait, I guess.

I'll do some reading on past posts for now, and then compile them with some comments. Be hanging around in a couple hours.
I noted Celever doing something similar to me in the last game where he was scum (Order in the Court, I think?). It was a bit of a reach back then, but fool me twice, Cel ...

On another note––I'm townreading scattered right now. I'm usually concerned when one person starts posting every few other posts, but scattered's scummeta isn't anything like this.

No idea what to say about KX yet. I want to see more defense from him on each of bb's points; it's like he's trying to address them all in a single paragraph, which doesn't work.

I noted Celever doing something similar to me in the last game where he was scum (Order in the Court, I think?). It was a bit of a reach back then, but fool me twice, Cel ...

On another note––I'm townreading scattered right now. I'm usually concerned when one person starts posting every few other posts, but scattered's scummeta isn't anything like this.

No idea what to say about KX yet. I want to see more defense from him on each of bb's points; it's like he's trying to address them all in a single paragraph, which doesn't work.
I'll address them all point by point when I get on a computer later today.

This post gives me some townie vibes. I don't see him reacts like that as scum from some reason.
This post reeks of scum to me.

After Luis calls you out, you backpedal to avoid him pressuring you further.

##PEDAL: scattered mind

The last vote I made didn't count in the vote count apparently so I guess I did it wrong. :<

This post reeks of scum to me.

After Luis calls you out, you backpedal to avoid him pressuring you further.

##PEDAL: scattered mind

The last vote I made didn't count in the vote count apparently so I guess I did it wrong. :<

Luis did not call me out. He was referring to my case on TGK, as he dismissed it. Where is the Backpedal?
I don't mind if Luis will try to pressure me if he has any case on me. However, he does not have a case on me, nor did he try to find one.

^ yeah, there's no case on you. Just stating that TGK doing something scummy doesn't necessary mean he's scum, from what we've seen. It contributes, but it's his playstyle, just like me.

And KX's reaction was relatively harsh compared to what I've seen from him.

you can't use Verbs to vote, PP.
>_>

##VOTE: scattered mind

Luis did not call me out. He was referring to my case on TGK, as he dismissed it. Where is the Backpedal?
I don't mind if Luis will try to pressure me if he has any case on me. However, he does not have a case on me, nor did he try to find one.

Your case on TGK is about his meta. Luis pressures your claim (or at least I read it that way) by saying that anything TGK does tends to get either called out as scum, which refers to their meta. You give Luis a town read for that, even though he's going against your case. Luis also says that anything he does tends to get called out as scum, so you give him town credit, which is odd since the statement alone isn't even that townie and it seems like you're satisfying Luis' wish to not look scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back