Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, hi. I just got back from VidCon, so I'll be more active tomorrow. I've been reading up best I can but, uh...

Umm yeah, can anyone hammer? If we don't, there will be no lynch.
Is that true? And the day is ending?

Welp.
##VOTE: quakingpunch73

Normally, I'd call myself out as that being scummy. But I won't be here when day ends ('cause I like sleep). (And it seems the general census seems to want this to work, so hey.)

That's eleven. Game freeze. Proper update will come in about four hours when I get home but until then:

Quaking was lynched, he was town.

Don't submit your night actions until I pass out cards.

Day 1 Final Vote Count

mordacazir: 1 (Card Effect)
Squirtle Squad: 0 (PikaMasterJesi)
PikaMasterJesi: 0 (thegrovylekid quakingpunch73 Camoclone Jabberwock quakingpunch73 ExcalAura4D mordacazir Camoclone)
TheFlyingPidove: 1 (quakingpunch73 quakingpunch73 TheFlyingPidove)
thegrovylekid: 1 (PikaMasterJesi Luispipe8 bbninjas)
quakingpunch73: 11 (PikaMasterJesi simsands, Squirtle Squad, Celever, PikaMasterJesi Camoclone, scattered mind, thegrovylekid, Jabberwock, quakingpunch73, Vom ExcalAura4D, Reinforce, Keeper of Night) LYNCHED
Vom: 0 (double o squirtle Celever)
bbninjas: 0 (scattered mind)
Keeper of Night: 0 (PikaMasterJesi Reinforce)
Celever: 0 (scattered mind)
Jabberwock: 0 (PikaMasterJesi)
scattered mind: 0 (bbninjas)
ExcalAura4D: 0 (PikaMasterJesi PikaMasterJesi scattered mind Camoclone)

Not voting: 7 (PikaMasterJesi, double o squirtle, King Xerneas, Luispipe8, Miyami~~, mordacazir, Vom)

Day 1 Death Scene

Many people were suspected of being part of Team GR. The day dragged on and on, but in the end, it was quakingpunch73 who was finally selected to be the first victim. He was handcuffed and brought to Dr. Mason's Laboratory, where Dr. Mason's Charizard spit the cleansing flame upon him, revealing his true identity.

quakingpunch73 was:

You are Mint, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. You've been working undercover for the past couple years, infiltrating Team GR in order to bring them down from the inside. Unfortunately, you got sloppy during a mission, and you were spotted. Despite your love for Mark and the TCG, you have no choice but to continue your charade. When it comes down to it, though, you are on his side, 100%.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Venusaur.

200px-VenusaurBaseSet15.jpg

FP Effect: Green Aroma
Upon your death, any unused GR Support Cards will be shown to the town.​

Ability: Crisis Vine
Once a night, pick a player. Any card usage by that player will fail during this night.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR

When his remains were searched, a note was found.

Dearest Mark,

If you're reading this, then... I've been killed. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to join you in your quest to defeat Team GR. I didn't want things to turn out this way. But please don't mourn for me yet. I think I can still help you. As you know, I've been collecting information on Team GR, and I learned that they have special cards that can't be obtained anywhere else. There are four of them in all. I wrote down the information on each of them for you, but since they are the only ones of their kind, I have to destroy my notes whenever they use one or else they might get even more suspicious of me.

Here are the cards I still have information on:

GR Support Card #1: Clefairy Doll
180px-ClefairyDollBaseSet70.jpg

Usage requirements: It is at least night 2
Effect: When you use this card, the role PM of the next player Team GR kills will be replaced with this card.

GR Support Card #2: Tickling Machine

180px-TicklingMachineGymHeroes119.jpg

Usage requirements: It is at least night 3
Effect: When you use this card, pick a player. They will lose any Abilities they have for the rest of the game.

GR Support Card #3: Super Energy Removal

180px-BaseSet79SuperEnergyRemoval.jpg

Usage requirements: It is at least night 4
Effect: When you use this card, pick any 2 cards in Team GR's possession. All copies of those cards will be discarded.

GR Support Card #4: Team Rocket's Evil Deeds

180px-TeamRocketEvilDeedsNeoDestiny103.jpg

Usage requirements: It is at least night 5; only 1 member of Team GR remains
Effect: When you use this card, pick a player. They will be killed.

I hope that this helps you put an end to those villains. Give 'em one for me, okay? <3

Love, Mint

Night 1 ends June 29 at 7 PM CST, or sixty hours from the time of this post.
Sunrise 2 ends June 30 at 8 AM CST at the latest. Remember, no actions are accepted during sunrise.

Cards will always be sent out in the order in which you signed up. You are free to send in your night actions once you have received your card.

All cards have been passed out. If you think there has been an error, let me know.

Of course there are a couple stragglers preventing me from ending night early, but A+ to the rest of you

Night 1 ends 12 hours and 15 minutes from this post.

Last edited:
I have to make a couple things clear.

First, I was a little disappointed in the activity late during day one. None of you except Camoclone had any excuse to make yourselves scarce, and I don't want to see a repeat during day two. Play the game you signed up for. If you think activity is going to be a problem, please sub out. If this trend continues and the days continue to stall and no one is posting, I will start shortening them. There is no point to have 24+ hours of basically dead thread when I could be moving this game along. With that said, I appreciate the effort of those of you who have been posting frequently, so thank you.

Second, a reminder. If you think you have no night actions, you are wrong. Cards are night actions. Don't forget about them. If you don't want to use a card (whether you do or don't have an Ability to use during night), please submit No Action. If you don't submit a card usage with your other night actions, I will assume you are not going to use a card (some of you thought you were the stragglers I mentioned previously since you hadn't submitted a card action and that was not the case).

And lastly, related to submitting your night actions - guys, please don't forget to submit on time. No night actions are accepted during sunrise. Sunrise is the interim between the end of the current night and the start of the next day.

With that out of the way, let's play some Mafia.

Night 1

Team GR was a little grumpy that their secret weapon had been revealed by that spy, but they weren't gonna let that get them down. To prove their point, one of them visited the Lightning Club and made mincemeat of simsands while he slept. simsands was:

You are Isaac, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. You've been an electrician for over twenty years. Steve, the previous Club Master, installed giant, complex light displays all over the club, and you were frequently called in to inspect this or fix that. You found you were pretty good at the TCG, so when Steve was promoted, you were given the Club Master gig. Having your own in-house electrician is saving your club a ton of money.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Electrode.

180px-ElectrodeBaseSet21.jpg

FP Effect: Mass Destruction
If you are killed, your killer will die. Starting with night 2 and every night after that, the chances of this ability working decrease by 10%.​

Ability: Chain Lightning
At any time during the day, pick a card in your hand. If you are lynched, 3 randomly chosen players on your wagon who have the last card you chose will discard it.

In his haste to kill simsands, however, the killer did not see the Electrode trap that simsands had set before he went to sleep. The killer triggered this trap and was killed in the resulting explosion. Keeper of Night was:

You are Bernard, and you are aligned with Team GR. The leader of the Fire Fort on GR Island, you once kidnapped Courtney, the Fire Queen. It didn't last long, but not many people can say they've done what you've done. It was your idea to infiltrate the clubs and attempt to win their leaders to your side. Before you joined Team GR, you were a chef and in the running for Fire Club Master, but when Ken was chosen instead, you swore you'd prove to everyone that the Fire Club chose poorly.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Rapidash.

180px-RapidashJungle44.jpg

FP Effect: Burning Mane
Most investigation attempts on you will fail.​

Ability: Pickup Power
Once a night, pick a player other than you. You will learn that player's role name, flavor text, Favorite Pokemon, and FP Effect.

Win Condition: Achieve parity or better with Club Alliance

Files on another person were also found on his body:

You are Courtney, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. You are a TCG prodigy who became the youngest Grand Master in history, and you are a role model to young women the world over. Thanks to the energy-gifting flames of the Legendary Moltres, you are capable of unleashing a stream of relentless, superpowered attacks, and not much but scorched earth is left once you've finished an opponent. If Team GR believes they can take the heat, they are more than welcome to try.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Moltres.

180px-MoltresFossil12.jpg

FP Effect: Wildfire
Most investigation attempts on you will fail.​

Ability: Flame Gift
Once a night, pick a player other than you. You will learn that player's role name, flavor text, Favorite Pokemon, and FP Effect. If you target a member of Team GR with this ability, you will learn their safe claim information instead.

The following players have mod-approved absences during day two:

Camoclone until July 4
PikaMasterJesi until July 4
Vom until July 2

If I missed you let me know.

It is now day two. Day two ends July 4 at 9 AM CST, or 96 hours from the time of this post.

Vote count as of post 500

mordacazir: 1 (FP Effect)

Not voting: 17 (@PikaMasterJesi, @bbninjas, @thegrovylekid, @double o squirtle, @Camoclone, @scattered mind, @ExcalAura4D, @King Xerneas, @Squirtle Squad, @Reinforce, @Luispipe8, @Jabberwock, @Miyami~~, @Celever, @TheFlyingPidove, @mordacazir, @Vom)

You're all tagged here, but failing to be tagged is no excuse to not check in on this thread. If you haven't already, please click "Watch Thread" at the top right of the page to get a notification any time someone posts in the thread. It's much better than the tag function, I believe.

Day two begin :>

@bbninjas was there a reason aside from RVS you had a vote on TGK instead of quaking?

Well definitely didn't see Keeper as scum, but it seems almost everybody was voting for quaking. Celever already stated he would be on the chopping block if it was a mislynch and seemed overall confident quaking was scum, so I'm getting more towny vibes from him. I'm a bit unsure about Jesi, but I'll wait till she can explain for herself.

Might as well slap a vote on too,

##vote: bbninjas

@bbninjas was there a reason aside from RVS you had a vote on TGK instead of quaking?

Well definitely didn't see Keeper as scum, but it seems almost everybody was voting for quaking. Celever already stated he would be on the chopping block if it was a mislynch and seemed overall confident quaking was scum, so I'm getting more towny vibes from him. I'm a bit unsure about Jesi, but I'll wait till she can explain for herself.

Might as well slap a vote on too,

##vote: bbninjas

What's the reason you didn't think Keeper is scum ?

Your other point about Celever is kinda WIFOM, and I don't think we should give him towny points for that.

I am giving some tiny towny points for Vom, if anything, because he was fairly active (usually he is inactive when he is scum).

I'm 99% I had a night action reveal scum. Ordinarily I would hold onto this until the end of the day, but out of fear of a day big, I'll say now that it was RF. Need to do some chores, bbl. <3

##VOTE: Reinforce

**day vig (ty spellcheck) and I should elaborate that in games like this with disposable powers and randomly handed out actions, day vigs do tend to crop up here and there.

What's the reason you didn't think Keeper is scum ?

Your other point about Celever is kinda WIFOM, and I don't think we should give him towny points for that.

I am giving some tiny towny points for Vom, if anything, because he was fairly active (usually he is inactive when he is scum).
I've never been in a game with him so I don't know his meta, but he just didn't read scum to me just based on his posts.

I'm 99% I had a night action reveal scum. Ordinarily I would hold onto this until the end of the day, but out of fear of a day big, I'll say now that it was RF. Need to do some chores, bbl. <3

##VOTE: Reinforce
You're ... 99% sure? How can you be 99% sure that a night action revealed scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back