Not open for further replies.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
fle9uzq.png

I'm PMJ, you're you, and this is Werewolf Mafia XXXV! Let's get down to it.

The Art

I had originally planned on having artwork done for every character in this game, but that's a tall order. @PikaMasterJesi ended up drawing this dope piece of art for me which was supposed to be the first of many but time was not our friend. Despite that, I'm grateful for her efforts, so here it is so you all can appreciate it too:

Zgu7wZl.png

Mark, the hero of Mafia XXXV

Awesome. Thanks Jesi. Holy crap she also did this sweet banner.

The Story

Fifteen years ago, Team Great Rocket (GR) was defeated by Mark and Mint and disbanded forever... or so they thought. Little did anyone realize, they had been biding their time, infiltrating the Pokemon Clubs and planning another attack on TCG Island in one final attempt to steal the Legendary Cards and unleash their power upon the world. In addition to this, Mark's girlfriend Mint has gone missing and rumor has it she is working for Team GR despite fighting by Mark's side fifteen years ago. But that couldn't be true... could it? Now Mark must use his TCG skills to find the truth about Mint, expose the true members of Team GR, and stop them once and for all.

Rules and Mechanics

For the general rules of Mafia, as well as a list of terminology you might encounter in this game, please see this thread.

Game-specific Rules

1. In regards to claims: direct quotes are okay. Lying about things I have said is okay. Fabricating quotes from me is okay. Screenshots are not okay.
2. Play to win, but be excellent to each other.
2. Don't "like" posts unless I direct you to. Liking posts detracts from letting players get reads on you by analyzing the things you say.
3. Outside communication (OC) is forbidden.
4. Game host word is law. If you have any questions, ask me privately.
5. Editing your post for any reason is forbidden. This is because each post has valuable information that players must be able to guarantee the accuracy of. The first offense will result in a global warning to all players. Each subsequent offense is a modkill (regardless of whether or not you had done it previously).
6. All roles, including scum safe claims, are written by the host; any spelling, grammar, wording inconsistencies, or unforgivable canon mistakes are my fault and no one else's.
7. Once you submit your night action, it is final. Be sure of your targets!
8. No self-targeting.
9. No Lynch is allowed.

Faction Info and Game-specific Mechanics

There are two factions: Club Alliance (town, win condition: Eliminate Team GR) and Team GR (scum, win condition: Achieve parity or better with Club Alliance). Parity is achieved when the amount of living Team GR-aligned players matches or exceeds the amount of living Club Alliance-aligned players at the start of any day. There are no independent roles.

Vote using ##VOTE and unvote using ##UNVOTE. Please use these specific verbs. (If you don't, your vote/unvote will not be counted.) If you want to change your vote after you cast it, but you don't remember who you voted for, you can just use ##UNVOTE without the name of a player. For example, this would be a legal play:

##VOTE PMJ
##UNVOTE
##VOTE Water Pokemon Master

Lynches are decided by simple majority (if there are 10 players remaining, 6 votes are required to lynch). Days will be 96 hours long and nights will be 60 hours long. At the end of each night is an additional 12-hour sunrise period in which no night actions will be accepted. During this time, night actions will be processed, cards will be passed out and resolved, and the new day's posts written. Players may not post in the thread during sunrise, as no one should be up at such a godawful hour. If a simple majority is not reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, there will be no lynch. The person who receives the most votes will be transported to Dr. Mason's Laboratory, where they will be subjected to the cleansing White-hot Flame (lynched).

Cards

At the start of each night, every player will receive a card from Dr. Mason. Cards have a wide variety of effects and are kept in your hand, just like the real TCG. There is no limit to the number of cards you may have in your hand, but you may only use one card per phase regardless of how many you have. (A phase is one day/night cycle.) You may use a card the same night you get it, provided you meet its usage requirements (if any). Cards used come from the entire TCG history and their effects are slightly (drastically) altered in order to fit better in the game. Those familiar with the TCG should not necessarily see a card's name and claim to know its effect in this game.

This game will have a twelve-hour night zero start. When a majority of players confirm receipt of their role PM, the game will begin. Please "Watch" this thread so you will be alerted to new posts in this thread. I will tag players as needed but do not expect to receive the notification.

Role Information

A player's role PM will contain most actions available to a player. Here is a sample role PM.

You are Dr. Mason, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. A well-known expert on the Pokemon TCG, new players come to you for help when they want to build a deck. You have an enormous collection of cards, and you have given hundreds of cards to new players so that they can get started playing the game you love.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Charizard.

200px-CharizardBaseSet4.jpg

FP Effect: Burning Energy
You can distinguish between safe claims and real ones.​

Ability: Call for Power
Once a night, when you use this ability, you will give a randomly selected card to every living player.

Ability: White-hot Flame
As often as you like during the game, you may kill any player you wish.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR

All characters have a Favorite Pokemon. A card image denoting this Pokemon will be shown below. Disclaimer, since this is the kind of thing people get lynched for: Card images are used for illustrative purposes only and are not meant to be indicative of a player's role. Directly below the card image is your Favorite Pokemon (FP) Effect. This effect, whatever it is, is always on, whether you want it to be or not. You do not have to "use" it. All players have FP Effects.

Below the FP Effect, you will find your Abilities. Take note of when they are allowed to be used and use them at your leisure. Not all players have Abilities.

Everything else is standard role PM fare. If you have any questions about how something in your role PM works, send me a PM.

Card Information

A sample card is shown below. (Note: this is not in the game and is used for example purposes only)

You received Blaine's Gamble from Dr. Mason.

180px-BlaineGambleGymHeroes121.jpg

Usage requirements: Have at least 1 other card in your hand
Effect: When you play this card, pick a player. That player will drop one of their cards. There is a 50% chance you will lose a card as well.

If you want to use this card, you must already have at least 1 other card in your hand. (Not all cards have usage requirements. Those will say "None" here.) The effect tells you what will happen when you use the card. As you can see, the effect in this game differs from the actual card. If you have any questions, ask.

Signups/Player List

The setup accommodates 20. If we don't hit that, I'll figure something out.

1. PikaMasterJesi
2. bbninjas
3. simsands Isaac (Town), killed N1
4. quakingpunch73 Mint (Town), lynched D1
5. thegrovylekid Gene (Town), lynched D2

6. double o squirtle xDoggerx NinjaPenguin
7. Camoclone
8. scattered mind
9. ExcalAura4D GM DracLord
10. King Xerneas Imakuni? (Town), killed N3
11. Squirtle Squad Ronald (Town), lynched D3

12. Reinforce
13. Luispipe8 Rod (Town), killed N4
14. Jabberwock
15. Miyami~~ Professor Palutena
16. Celever Steve (Town), killed N2
17. TheFlyingPidove homeofmew HOY Jack (Town), modkilled D3
(ineligible for victory)
18. mordacazir GR-5 (Town), modkilled d4 (ineligible for victory)
19. Keeper of Night Bernard/Courtney (Scum), exploded N1
20. Vom

Subs
7. Your Name Here

Important Posts
Day 1 Final Vote Count
Day 2 Final Vote Count
Day 3 Final Vote Count
Day 4 Final Vote Count

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
The Art

I had originally planned on having artwork done for every character in this game, but that's a tall order. @PikaMasterJesi ended up drawing this dope piece of art for me which was supposed to be the first of many but time was not our friend. Despite that, I'm grateful for her efforts, so here it is so you all can appreciate it too:

Zgu7wZl.png

Mark, the hero of Mafia XXXV
Awesome. Thanks Jesi.
Believe me, I feel terrible about not being able to finish the art, but I'm really glad you liked it! Thanks for saving me a spot, too! I really do appreciate it.

Question: Do votes have to be bolded? From what it sounds like in your OP they don't, but I just want to clarify.

Vote using ##VOTE and unvote using ##UNVOTE. Please use these specific verbs.
Aww man, so I can't use things like ##YourDeadDrawYourLoss: PMJ ? The rules are rules, I guess. I won't challenge them.

VinculumStellarum

Days will be 96 hours long and nights will be 60 hours long. At the end of each night is an additional 12-hour sunrise period in which no night actions will be accepted. During this time, night actions will be processed, cards will be passed out and resolved, and the new day's posts written. Players may not post in the thread during sunrise, as no one should be up at such a godawful hour.
@Professor Palutena

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Votes do not have to be in bold but you may do so if it makes you feel better. And yes, only ##vote and ##unvote will be counted.

VinculumStellarum

Cool to see you've joined, Excal! Hopefully you'll enjoy the game as much as TGK and I do!
[2016-06-21, 4:03:52 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Excal, Werewolf signups are open again
[2016-06-21, 4:03:56 PM] PikaMasterJesi: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/mafia-xxxv-pokemon-card-gb3-team-grs-last-stand.133747/
[2016-06-21, 4:03:58 PM] Carson - TDK: Mafia*
[2016-06-21, 4:04:00 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Get on here and join the game
[2016-06-21, 4:04:04 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Mafia, whatever
[2016-06-21, 4:04:05 PM] Carson - TDK: They changed it for… whatever reason
[2016-06-21, 4:04:13 PM] PikaMasterJesi: PikaMasterJesi shrugs
[2016-06-21, 4:04:24 PM] PikaMasterJesi: It’ll still be Werewolf to me
[2016-06-21, 4:06:16 PM] ExcalAura4D: Wait... Mafia?
[2016-06-21, 4:06:20 PM] ExcalAura4D: This sounds...
[2016-06-21, 4:06:24 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Yeah
[2016-06-21, 4:06:25 PM] Carson - TDK: yeah
[2016-06-21, 4:06:29 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Joiiiiiiiin iiiiiiiiit
[2016-06-21, 4:06:30 PM] ExcalAura4D: ...A lot more familiar now.
[2016-06-21, 4:06:37 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Play with us
[2016-06-21, 4:06:44 PM] Carson - TDK: well, their reason for changing it now makes sense to me
[2016-06-21, 4:07:08 PM] PikaMasterJesi: C’mon Excal
[2016-06-21, 4:07:17 PM] PikaMasterJesi: You at least have to join the next game if you sit out of this one
[2016-06-21, 4:07:24 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Reason why:
[2016-06-21, 4:07:35 PM] PikaMasterJesi: Mafix?.png
[2016-06-21, 4:08:26 PM] ExcalAura4D: Jeez, okay, I'll join, I was planning to in the first place.
(If you're wondering, I know Excal in real life, like I do TGK. He helped write Turnabout Timber, and created the Lucian Umbra character.)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I always seem to get the new blood in my games

Glad to have you aboard. Make sure you read the Mafia Master doc and familiarize yourself with how the game works. If you have any questions, you may ask them in thread.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
So I did talk to Mia about joining, and she's very adverse to it. Fair warning for what's inside the spoiler.

Miyami~~: Fire types are a pain.
Carson - TDK: They resist your everything?
Miyami~~: No, they just hit my sweepers for SE damage.
Carson - TDK: that's an issue. Anyways, there's another WW game, PMJ's hosting it.
Miyami~~: I do like PMJ. Don't like the site, but I like PMJ. What's the theme?
Carson - TDK: The TCG.
Miyami~~: Well, there goes any shot of me actually joining the game.
Carson - TDK: That doesn't surprise me somehow...
Just a little snippet from our conversation about the game.

EDIT: Or not...?

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't think anyone was expecting Mia to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.