Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have so much nostalgia for the TCG GB game. The Grandmasters' theme is a masterpiece of 8-16bit-era music.

/in

You're darn tootin it is. Let's all listen to its PTCG GB2 incarnation:

Like all the music from this game is good:

I love this game. I'm glad to see someone else does, too.

I'm going to give this the full try. If I don't like it, I'll sub out. It came to my realization (Thanks Carson) that the game I first played in wasn't the best game to start off, and that combined with a few other things is making me want to go into this one with an open mind.

Sounds good. Just be active, that's all I ask. That goes for everyone.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Signups are feeling a lot slower than the games I played in.

Give people time! I hadn't even seen this thread until now. :p

That said, /not in. I definitely don't have time to commit to playing a game at the moment. I'll follow along, though.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...
I love this game. I'm glad to see someone else does, too.

Funnily enough, there was a long period of time where I played and enjoyed TCG GB even more than I did Blue. I think because it was possible to complete the game and "collect them all" (bar the promo Venusaur and Mew that could only be gotten via Card Pop) and there was a sense of satisfaction from that as a kid, unlike with Blue (and other Gen 1 games) where if you didn't have a link cable and some friends, your Pokedex/collection has a lot of holes.

I was pleasantly surprised upon reading the OP of this mafia game and finding out it's based on TCG GB; it's rare to find fellow fans of old spin-off games, especially this one because it never moved past the GameBoy console, so I rarely discuss my love for it in profiles and stuff. Even better that it's someone who also finds the game music awesome considering the technology back then.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your adaptation of TCG GB into this mafia game and hope to enjoy the (nostalgia) ride.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'll put you down for a sub.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I remember that song. It's actually pretty good, and it's what I remember the first game for.

PMJ said:
Like all the music from this game is good:
(This didn't quote correctly, so I'll fix it)
This song isn't bad either. But I didn't really like the Grandmaster one... It's probably better in-game as opposed to on its own.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Hm, I believe Keeper's post means there are 20 people playing. : <

Sign me up as a sub though, game seems very interesting ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.