Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny how your "questioning" just echoes points that other players have made. And before anyone is fooled the order that he has quoted things isn't necessarily the order that they were posted. Hit the arrow and check yourself.

I think it's funny how your "questioning" just echoes points that other players have made. And before anyone is fooled the order that he has quoted things isn't necessarily the order that they were posted. Hit the arrow and check yourself.

Only the votes, which I didn't think to make them in order, since it is not really important ...

You mean the part where I question quaking, after he ignores other people? That was in order to make him answer. Often I believe it is called to pressure.
Or maybe the part where I say I find the buddying accusation weird? Check again, I was the first to point that out.
Or perhaps it was the one where I tried to understand the case so I explained it, and asked if this is it? I have already explained how this is not echoing, and it is simply how I verify that I got the case right. Same thing as I did with KX. and in many other cases in other games.

Why don't you compile a list of quotes and specific reasons why you think TGK is scum.

The main reason why I think tgk is scum is that I believe his activity and content of his posts are similar to those in the game where he and I were scums. This is certainly not the best reason, but that is what I got for now. This is something I found in the beginning of this day, and since then, I was looking for better options, but there were barely any posts from people. I was trying to understand the case on KX, and after that came the fall of weird accusations on me, so admittedly, I was more focused on explaining myself than hunting scums.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE:EXCALAURA

People asked you a very simple question. You didn't answer. (If you did then point me where cause I could not find it) . You most likely scumslipped.
Bandwagon. Nothing inherently wrong with it but when all you do is bandwagon and have no individual thoughts as a veteran something is wrong.

PikaMaster is acting the same as she did last game (that is mafia vs town). It's just that now she is under more pressure. I still need more evidence before deciding if she's scum or not.

He doesn't know if PikaMaster is scum or not.

Excal is the best option for today, as he most likely slipped and yeah I know,there is a chanse he didn't but this is d1 after all.

He says "Excal is the best option for today. He is likely scum but he might not be." When town the chance that someone may slip contrary to what you think is implied and shouldn't be said.

We are probably not going to find a crazy case on anyone.

This does not say anything at all.

Unless of course quaking's case is better, which I still need to read about.

Oh wait! He says Quaking's case might be better. So he doesn't know anything about Quaking's case but he said Excal is the best option for today.
His posts all have a way out. They all have a clause which gives him a way to get out of any blame. They either a) wagon. Or b) say nothing relevant at all and account for all possible scenarios. Read this post. The bold is my thoughts.

@quakingpunch73 Why did you twist the things Jesi said about scumhunting?
I still need to read back to better understand the part with camo in Celever's case.
Bandwagon. This is just piggybacking and trying to gain town credit. Questions like this are unnecessary and are primarily used to gain credibility.

As I have said, at the time before getting into understanding the case on quaking, I thought that the case on Excal is the best case. I am now trying to understand the case on quaking better, and it takes time for me since it is a case made by you, and therefore, requires a bit of time to fully understand. Not because it is hard to understand your cases, but because your cases are very good and long. And I am on my phone.
He appeals to emotion. Bold.

Ok, Excal's post has finally gave us a good answer to why she avoided the question. Simply put, they broke the OC rule and were afraid to be banned from the game. Btw, don't worry, you are new, noone is going to ban you forever on such a mistake (pretty sure it happened to other players here, which Im not going to name but they are more experienced. just don't do that again).
AtE.

How does one's role has anything to do with their level of activity? You should be active and try to contribute regardless of your role.

The fact is- your level of activity matches your scum meta.
Ok let's think this through. If you were actually trying to scumhunt you'd realize how little sense this makes. He straight up says that activity has nothing to do with role. Then in the very next line he says "your activity matches your scum meta". 0 sense. No I didn't snip anything out of this.

If he was pressured by any means, it would be scummy. However, he was saying that out of frustration and as an example. I could be wrong about it, but this frustration sounds believable. This frustration alone though, does not mean he is town, hence the tiny townie points I gave him.

Major points:
  1. Bandwagoning - Very little individual contributions. This is very bad from a veteran. He asks more questions than he contributes. These questions don't actually contribute anything because they are just statements made by other players in question form. It's also an extremely safe way to post. No one will really call you out for asking questions.
  2. He covers his bases. He never says anything concrete and fails to actually truly throw his weight behind anything.
  3. He wants to please. You can clearly see how he is trying to appeal to emotion and be agreeable.
  4. Hypocritical. See below.
  5. His defense has been straight up awful. A key point being below. It's just been all over the place.
Your claim about my lack of individual thoughts is false and you have convinietley skipped my case on TGK
The one where you accuse him of being too trusting and where he tries to act like he's contributing? My bad! I don't count that since you are guilty of that x10.
Again. Twistig. Actually wait.. you are replacing my case on tgk for another case you have just invented.
That's the kind of posts TGK makes when he is scum. The kind of posts where he is trying to appear like he is contributing but he is not.
##VOTE:thegrovylekid
I probably didn't format that right but whatever. Click the arrow on that baby. It's pretty great. I missed some parts and am too lazy to actually compose them into a nice little post.

I didn't bother proofreading so please excuse any spelling errors.

I went and found the definition of a bandwagon from the new rules and terminology, and it said this:

Bandwagon - Verb. What happens when one player posts a lynch vote and the town follows suit, with no one else posting any supporting evidence.
I'm not entirely sure how this falls into the current game state, but I'll find a way.

BB, in response to your question:
–Questioning with minimal unique contribution
–Possible bandwagon? (I don't quite understand this part of it, but at the same time I do... Hard to explain. Some parts do and some parts don't.)
–Poor, panicky defence which fails to address everything in question
Camo has done it a lot better than I have, but these are what I've noticed myself.

This is what bandwagon means:
A bandwagon (or just wagon) is a group of votes on a player. For example, if A, B, and C are all voting for D, then D's wagon is comprised of A, B, and C. While in the past the term implied that the number of votes is large or the voters have little or no independent reasoning, in the current vernacular the term makes no assumptions of the votes or voters. "Bandwagon" can also be used as a verb (e.g. "wagoning") to describe joining a bandwagon for its own sake.

The goal of a bandwagon is to either lynch a player or force them to roleclaim via the pressure of the possibility of getting lynched. Because players may react differently under pressure, some players consider bandwagons to be a vital part of "reading" players.

The "driver" of a bandwagon can be one of the following:
  • Someone who builds a case on the wagoned player that many people agree with and join the wagon for
  • Someone who encourages bandwagoning votes
These may not necessarily be the same people. Typically when assigning credit or blame to bandwagons, the latter is more visible as a "driver" than the former.

There are several theories as to where a scum player wants to be on a wagon to slide under the most notice. One popular one is that those who start and wagon and those who finish it (i.e. hammer) are the most visible, and so being in the middle is the "safest" spot. This is of course subject to WIFOM.

The term train is not unheard of to describe a wagon, particularily a fast one.

To clear up your misconceptions a bandwagon alone is not necessarily scummy it all depends on the context. When someone is only bandwagoning it is very scummy especially when an experienced player is doing it.

Hmm, there's much more good evidence for the SM case than I initially thought. I'm going to wait for scattered's next post to decide on my vote.

The case on SM is the poor defense he gave for the very same case. Logic, stay with us.

Yes, I think the cases Celever makes are good, yet long, thus require some time to read, which I did. You think it is AtE? Sorry, I can't argue with what you translate. The only thing I can do, is to say I was under no pressure to try and make people happy or whatever.

Seriously? Because I didn't use hedging, you accuse me. So I was suppose to say : Excal is probably the best lynch for today.. before saying in the same post that the case on quaking still need to be checked.

Ok let's think this through. If you were actually trying to scumhunt you'd realize how little sense this makes. He straight up says that activity has nothing to do with role. Then in the very next line he says "your activity matches your scum meta". 0 sense. No I didn't snip anything out of this.

Activity does not have anything to do with roles. Not alignments ..

It's also an extremely safe way to post. No one will really call you out for asking questions.

But.. this is my playstyle.. as many have mentioned.

And as for the key point for my bad defense:
I lost it. I was angry because of all the twisting. What is clear though, is that he uses that confusion to ignore my real defense to the point of me not having my own individual thought. Camo never responded to what I was saying about me making the case on tgk, posting about TFP, and questioning quaking's accusation of Celever and bbninjas buddying.

Yes, I think the cases Celever makes are good, yet long, thus require some time to read, which I did. You think it is AtE? Sorry, I can't argue with what you translate. The only thing I can do, is to say I was under no pressure to try and make people happy or whatever.
Saying that people's cases are good is AtE. If I say your cases are good, you will generally be fairly happy with that, and it is a technique scum may like to use to get people on their side.

Seriously? Because I didn't use hedging, you accuse me. So I was suppose to say : Excal is probably the best lynch for today.. before saying in the same post that the case on quaking still need to be checked.
This also doesn't address Camo's point that you posts consistently have a way out.

But.. this is my playstyle.. as many have mentioned.
I don't think you have actually addressed the fact that your questions don't contribute all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back