Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as soon as you stop using ICNCND :>
ICNCND has a purpose, and wasn't randomly created by me. EBWOP has only one purpose, and that purpose is one character shorter than the acronym.
So you think that he is less likely to slip because he is new?
I think that because he is new he has less focus on making sure the phrasing of his posts are immaculate. This would therefore lead to poor phrasing which could be interpreted as a slip if pushed hard enough. The reason why Excal "isn't responding" is because there's nothing to respond to. This is exactly the same as what happened with Yeowie in Day 2 of I believe Revelations, where a towny didn't realise he had to take such extreme care with how he phrased his posts and the wagon escalated too quickly because of scum bandwagoning and adding on pressure. In my opinion anyway. Maybe it's something to pursue later in addition with more concrete evidence, but I don't think you can really tell me that the case on Excal is better than my case on quaking. Especially because quaking spent a while avoiding my post too... exactly what we want Excal's head for.
@ExcalAura4D, you're viewing the thread right now, can you answer the questions aimed towards you?
Can we not do this with new players please, especially when the player has already stated that they're posting using a mobile and that the interface is tedious for them. It's kinda passive aggressive and alienates that userbase.
Quick question though, it's still a possibility to lie to answer questions and stuff, right? Or can I not even bother to answer them? Feels like it gives away more.

Then again, it seems like if you do one simple thing, half the forum points guns at your head.
Lying should only be done in very specific circumstances. Lynch All Liars is a policy you should have read in the mafia terminology thread, and it's adopted by the vast majority of users on this site. Unless your lie is irrefutably pro-town, you will get lynched if you get found in the act of making one.

@quakingpunch73, why would you not respond to my case on you immediately? Your response was also incredibly lacklustre, and so I will be adding more substance to my case when I get to a computer and whenever you post because you're the scummiest player right now, but currently you just did what people are voting for Excal for: avoiding a case. Except the case on you was an actual case and Excal's wasn't at the time, so your offence is even worse.

ICBDwhatever is just as annoying to look at, Celever.

If you don't answer our questions, then you're scum.
That's extremely narrow-minded. Also wrong. How about you take time to answer the questions placed on you, quaking, instead of continuing to pressure anybody you see looking at the thread?

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...-last-stand-day-1.133747/page-11#post-2807073

and
Can we not do this with new players please, especially when the player has already stated that they're posting using a mobile and that the interface is tedious for them. It's kinda passive aggressive and alienates that userbase.

@quakingpunch73, why would you not respond to my case on you immediately? Your response was also incredibly lacklustre, and so I will be adding more substance to my case when I get to a computer and whenever you post because you're the scummiest player right now, but currently you just did what people are voting for Excal for: avoiding a case. Except the case on you was an actual case and Excal's wasn't at the time, so your offence is even worse.
Also the first part of that quote is dissembling as a townie while being useless, which is another major scumtell. Didn't mention it at the time.

PikaMaster is acting the same as she did last game (that is mafia vs town). It's just that now she is under more pressure. I still need more evidence before deciding if she's scum or not.
Excal is the best option for today, as he most likely slipped and yeah I know,there is a chanse he didn't but this is d1 after all. We are probably not going to find a crazy case on anyone.
Unless of course quaking's case is better, which I still need to read about.

Jesi didn't ask how to scumhunt, she asked what method we should use to scumhunt from here. Quaking changed what she said, and this resulted in even Jesi being confused when Vom rode on quaking's reasoning.
THANK YOU. See, Celever knows what's going on here.

If you don't answer our questions, then you're scum.
KoN went over this a little, but it doesn't automatically make you scum. It just makes you look suspicious and can be used as a scumtell.

Also the first part of that quote is dissembling as a townie while being useless,
What does the bolded part mean? Could you also explain what ICDCND is?

I'm having trouble compiling my thoughts on the current gamestate, so sorry if this isn't too clear or anything.

@PMJ, could we have a vote count, please?

I asked her what I'm supposed to do, since she said I should contribute to someone, and vote for someone.
...where? I don't remember seeing this in the thread.
Quick question though, it's still a possibility to lie to answer questions and stuff, right? Or can I not even bother to answer them? Feels like it gives away more.

Then again, it seems like if you do one simple thing, half the forum points guns at your head.
It is, but is not recommended. Like, at all. See Jesi for reference : <
ICNCND stands for 'I Can Neither KoNfirm Nor Deny'

THANK YOU. See, Celever knows what's going on here.

KoN went over this a little, but it doesn't automatically make you scum. It just makes you look suspicious and can be used as a scumtell.

I'm having trouble compiling my thoughts on the current gamestate, so sorry if this isn't too clear or anything.

@PMJ, could we have a vote count, please?
ICNCND is "I can neither confirm nor deny".

dissemble
dɪˈsɛmb(ə)l/
verb
  1. conceal or disguise one's true feelings or beliefs.
In other words, it means "to put up a facade". When a mafia is trying to act townie, they like to appear to be being useful and scumhunting, while secretly doing the inverse. That's why we like to look at people who vote for mislynches, because case building looks townie but scum can choose their targets carefully so as to not disadvantage themselves. I believe that's what quaking did with you, seeing the opportunity from Camo.

ICNCND = I can neither confirm nor deny. Nothing to do with this game, but it's a useful acronym when hosting. Just PMJ doesn't like it is all, and he tried to make a rival acronym (EBWOP) catch on, which didn't. :p

What are your thoughts on the case on quaking, Jesi? :)

I don't even know where to stand on Excal's case tbh. He could've scum slipped, but as morda pointed out I think it's because Jesi tagged him to view the thread. I am, however, not a fan of him being sarcastic and trying to be direct. If you have nothing to hide just be out with it.

A lynch on either quaking or Jesi could provide interesting information though as lynching Jesi would provide us more of a lead onto what Excal's alignment is, while quaking's lynch could potentially give us a better lead on Jesi's alignment.

I do agree that quaking is being a little too harsh, but isn't this a normal quaking play? If it isn't then I could definitely see it as being similar to what Reinforce (who was scum) did in Order in the Court.

I asked her what I'm supposed to do, since she said I should contribute to someone, and vote for someone.
I don't remember being asked anything either. All I did was tag you.

What are your thoughts on the case on quaking, Jesi? :)
I think it's actually a viable case. I pulled up the post for reference and I'm going to comment on it as I see fit:
Yeah, please stop using EBWOP. It wasn't added to the mafia terminology thread for a reason: it's ugly and pointless. Just type edit, which is literally the first word of that acronym, and less letters.

Excal might have slipped, yeah. Probably not, it's his first game and he's inexperienced. However, quaking was overly pushy and bandwagony when he actually voted for Jesi way early on in the game:

This is dumb and was riding off the pressure from Camo. Jesi didn't ask how to scumhunt, she asked what method we should use to scumhunt from here. Quaking changed what she said, and this resulted in even Jesi being confused when Vom rode on quaking's reasoning. I think quaking was trying to ride off Camo's authority and build up momentum for him to use later in the day, which was indeed correct speculation when he made this ISO:

Jesi already explained why she was confused, and it's easy to empathise with her logic. Quaking was forward with his post and phrased it like TFP was a definitive target, which isn't what occurs in RVS. Therefore, her confusion was entirely understandable, and I think both she and I read quaking's post with the same tone, the only difference in reactions was a result of experience.

Jesi's "lying", uhh, wasn't that. She never said she couldn't scuhunt, nor that she didn't know how to. She said that she didn't know what methods should be used to go about scumhunting in this circumstance, which considering her only experience with D1 RVS in a town vs mafia setting was her first game, is totally logical. She's played 2 games guys. Most of these players are closer to 2 years, so we still need to cut her some slack! This is also only her second town vs mafia because Splatoon was off-piste.

And EM being scum in that game would explain why Jesi thought you were making a legit case. After all, similar logic had worked before, right?

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: quakingpunch73. You are reaching and you are riding off of the pressure of Camo, which is overly manipulative for a townie.
1) I do feel like quaking has been prominent with his questioning players and all that (I know before "Explain your wording" again), but it seems normal to me. Then again, I don't know how quaking plays since I've never actually played a game with him.
2) I feel the TFP vote was actually bait. It might be a bit of a stretch, but I think quaking made that vote to see if anyone was going to jump on it, and then jump them with questions and eventually a case. It's what happened to me and I don't like it.

I don't like how I've laid out my thoughts on this... but I tried to get my thoughts down. These are the two main things I have to say about the case.

@quakingpunch73, why would you not respond to my case on you immediately?
I was asleep when this was posted, and I had a busy morning, with no time to look back on what I missed.

That's extremely narrow-minded. Also wrong.
@Keeper of Night, can you think of any useful reasons to not answer questions as town?

Also the first part of that quote is dissembling as a townie while being useless, which is another major scumtell. Didn't mention it at the time.
I noticed Excal was on and applied pressure on her for not answering questions.

@quakingpunch73 Why did you twist the things Jesi said about scumhunting?
I still need to read back to better understand the part with camo in Celever's case.
@scattered mind it depends on how you read Jesi's posts. I read her as being scum trying to skip RVS and then backpeddaling.
1) I do feel like quaking has been prominent with his questioning players and all that (I know before "Explain your wording" again), but it seems normal to me. Then again, I don't know how quaking plays since I've never actually played a game with him.
2) I feel the TFP vote was actually bait. It might be a bit of a stretch, but I think quaking made that vote to see if anyone was going to jump on it, and then jump them with questions and eventually a case. It's what happened to me and I don't like it.

I don't like how I've laid out my thoughts on this... but I tried to get my thoughts down. These are the two main things I have to say about the case.

1) Questioning players lets you get reads on them, and is a prominent part of scumhunting.
2) I wanted to gauge TFP's reaction to RVS, I didn't expect anyone else to jump on it.

I still think Jesi is scummy, though a little less so. I actually think Excal could give us the most info on a flip due to how many players are defending/pushing for his lynch, but I'll wait to see Excal's responses to everything first.

I was asleep when this was posted, and I had a busy morning, with no time to look back on what I missed.
Nono, you posted 6 times after I posted my case without responding to it. You can't shrug this off with timezones.

This is currently the keystone of my pressure and so this will be an isolated post. Respond to this while I reply to other messages, quaking.

Nono, you posted 6 times after I posted my case without responding to it. You can't shrug this off with timezones.

This is currently the keystone of my pressure and so this will be an isolated post. Respond to this while I reply to other messages, quaking.

I had litterally no time to read back and check it after I posted this morning.

I do agree that quaking is being a little too harsh, but isn't this a normal quaking play? If it isn't then I could definitely see it as being similar to what Reinforce (who was scum) did in Order in the Court.
Possibly, but only in a way which makes quaking worse off. I had a look over his past games just now when I saw your post, and I came to the conclusion that quaking is much more aggressive when he's sure about himself. Day 1 townie? Not sure about anything. Day 1 scum? Very secure.
It's all fake. Tagging players who are viewing the thread is spammy, tedious and, most importantly, looks productive. Sometimes townies do it, but scum do it more, because sometimes townies do it. :p

Good townies get out of the habit.
This is a decent conspiracy theory. :p

I had litterally no time to read back and check it after I posted this morning.
This is echoing Celever. The case was posted last night while I was sleeping, I had no time to check and read back.
Oh really? But this was posted after I posted my case and you'd clearly woken up. There are clear quotes there, so it looks like you caught up quite effectively to me!

Also, looking at the timestamps of the posts you made while dodging my case, you spent ~50 minutes at your computer in the morning, posting in just this thread. Are you sure you didn't spend a couple of those minutes reading my post? I mean, I don't know why you wouldn't have since the earlier post I linked shows you read the rest of the thread when you woke up!

So, here's the question: Why didn't you respond to my case as soon as you had the opportunity to do so?

This is a decent conspiracy theory. :p
Ayy, that might actually be worth something!

Possibly, but only in a way which makes quaking worse off. I had a look over his past games just now when I saw your post, and I came to the conclusion that quaking is much more aggressive when he's sure about himself. Day 1 townie? Not sure about anything. Day 1 scum? Very secure.
It's all fake. Tagging players who are viewing the thread is spammy, tedious and, most importantly, looks productive. Sometimes townies do it, but scum do it more, because sometimes townies do it. :p

Good townies get out of the habit.
The more you point this out, the scummier quaking looks... I thought it was legitimate contributing. Lemme change my vote real quick:

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: QuakingPunch73

After looking at everything, quaking is the better lynch today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back