Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly like a usual day 1, Not much of the discussion will be relevant to me so I cant interpret much since I dont know what was on aura mind when he made all the previous post so a fair warning dont judge my action based on his.

I djust nt remember if tgk is always like this or he just seem rather pushy today.. I would have vote for that reason but that would show me as wagoning
If you want to vote for TGK then go for it! It'd be pressure, not bandwagoning, and any more additional insight you can provide from your reread of the thread would be even better. :)

Only scum are afraid of looking suspicious. If you are town and want to vote TGK, then vote.

Lol, I love how clear the difference between mine and bb's playstyles is in just those couple posts. I'm killing him with kindness while bb just goes "that's a scum move don't do it" :p

FP: Shouldn't that be from your Favorite Pokemon?
Think so but it's not my Favorite Pokemon.
I don't think that it would confirm Celever as scum. By that logic, you should already find Celever scum for leading the case on quakingpunch.
A town could make 1 mistake by pushing a town lynch, but 2 would be pretty suspicious.
And also who would target you each time?
Day 1 was a card effect and this day it's a FP effect.
After reading, he sees that Jesi isn't the main target for and unvotes her.
I just read the things that were posted while I was sleeping. That was where it changes to quaking being scum.
Afterwords, he says that he has things to say, but deletes it because everyone else had already said it. Never refrain from contributing, as anything helps. You could have noticed something we haven't. Deleting or refusing to share your thoughts comes off as scummy.
Then I would only be echoeing everyone.

A town could make 1 mistake by pushing a town lynch, but 2 would be pretty suspicious.
This is false. Town will very often push multiple town lynches as they don't know who scum are. You'd have to be insanely lucky and/or very good to always lynch scum.

This is false. Town will very often push multiple town lynches as they don't know who scum are. You'd have to be insanely lucky and/or very good to always lynch scum.

Not exactly, I think. This is best explained in a quote (paraphrased) from the great judge of AA games: Two coincidences at the same time seem more like a pattern. There's only so many times a player can lead or make a case that leads to a lynch of a town player before you think there might be something not normal. Scum do bus their partners occasionally but the general idea is that scum are more likely to start or push town lynches. Maybe not to the extent of thinking that player's automatically scum, but you could be suspicious of that player.

In simpler terms of an example, there's a player who's started a case and pushed a lynch on players who flip town for several Days. Are you going to keep thinking that player is just a town who doesn't know any better and is making an honest mistake on every lynch or will you not start harboring at least a seed of suspicion that player could possibly be scum who's stringing the town along?

--

I've read back some more and I think Jesi's position on Day 1 was genuine victim, but I'd chalk her supposedly not contributing due to still being a newbie in some aspects. She's not posting any deep analysis posts anytime soon, but so far she has posted observations and answered questions which I see is not unusual at the point of her experience. Though, on her side I haven't dismissed that Celever sort of diverted attention from her yesterday which is still grounds for a possible connection.

As for the case on scattered mind, a worrying thing I'd noticed is that he got emotionally defensive and irritated when the pressure on him piled on, a reaction which can be seen on a scum because he can't quickly shake off the pressure from a persistent town player. Or maybe it's just because the person pressuring him is Camo, who tends to induce that kind of reaction. Something to keep in mind, I think.

Maybe not to the extent of thinking that player's automatically scum, but you could be suspicious of that player.
This is what I meant. If someone is pushing a lot of town lynches, that does not automatically make them scum, but it does give you a hint to look into that person.

This is what I meant. If someone is pushing a lot of town lynches, that does not automatically make them scum, but it does give you a hint to look into that person.

Yeah, and I think that's what morda meant too, so I was confused when you quoted him and said it was false? What exactly from his quoted post was what you're referring to as false? Because when I read it, what I just elaborated on my previous post was what I understood from his.

If you want to vote for TGK then go for it! It'd be pressure, not bandwagoning, and any more additional insight you can provide from your reread of the thread would be even better. :)

Only scum are afraid of looking suspicious. If you are town and want to vote TGK, then vote.

Based on previous experience, that don't really hold true for me.. Since some would just say my reason aren't so solid for voting hence the bandwagon label on me....

As from what I understand from the day 1 chaos, I still don't fully understand why quaking willingly vote for himself.. I do find it weird for you guys to push a wagon for someone who already claimed town. Usually we either wait for the next day to see what happen and find the next best thing

I do find it weird for you guys to push a wagon for someone who already claimed town. Usually we either wait for the next day to see what happen and find the next best thing
I don't understand. If you're referring to quaking, there really was not any other options.

I don't understand. If you're referring to quaking, there really was not any other options.

Yeah I was referring to him. Based on what experience before,we rarely lynched anyone who gave full town game on first day (Unless I forgot).

Vote count as of post 661

mordacazir: 1 (FP Effect thegrovylekid)
bbninjas: 1 (King Xerneas, Celever mordacazir)
Reinforce: 0 (Celever)
@thegrovylekid: 3 (scattered mind, Celever, bbninjas)
King Xerneas: 0 (bbninjas)
@scattered mind: 3 (Professor Palutena, Camoclone PikaMasterJesi, thegrovylekid)

Not voting: 10 (double o squirtle, Camoclone, GM DracLord, Squirtle Squad, Reinforce, Luispipe8, Jabberwock, homeofmew, Vom)

It is nine to lynch. The guy in the lead is tagged, which I thought was a cool idea from whoever's game that was.

Day two ends June 8 at 9 AM CST or just over 48 hours from the time of this post.

Remember, if you don't post at least three times today, you will be subbed out due to inactivity. (Camoclone only: must post a minimum of 35 times)

I'm always wary of Camo's pushes, but it's starting to seem like SM might be scum. He still hasn't popped his head in to respond so I think that may be a sign of him surrendering.

##unvote
##vote: scattered mind

I'm OK with a scattered lynch. TGK tried very hard to take attention off of him and onto mord, which is why I am voting for him, but scattered flipping scum would give strength to this lead. Or totally invalidate it, if he flips town.

If TGK is scum it would make sense why he wasn't as active and why he's potentially downplaying the strength of his role. I think I'll take a look into his d1 posts if SM flips scum.

I think Scattered is the best lynch today, with TGK being someone good to look or tomorrow. He's acting pretty differently from how I know he plays the game, which I find strange.

@Celever Your point on TGK trying to take the attention off Scattered is in my opinion still important regardless of his flip. If both of them just so happened to be town (which I doubt both are), I personally would think of ways TGK knew/thought Scattered was town.

@GM DracLord I believe the reason Quaking pushed for a lynch on himself was because he had an ability that revealed all Team GR cards in the scum's possession. Not only that, but the lynch was most likely going to be Quaking anyways (and if not, probably me), so he claimed so that we knew what we knew what we were lynching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back