Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's the question: Why didn't you respond to my case as soon as you had the opportunity to do so?
If you don't want to get lynched today, I recommend answering this ASAP.

(I feel like I'm pressuring, and it feels so different from who I usually am. It's like I'm actually mad but just looking to get answers...)

Oh really? But this was posted after I posted my case and you'd clearly woken up. There are clear quotes there, so it looks like you caught up quite effectively to me!

Also, looking at the timestamps of the posts you made while dodging my case, you spent ~50 minutes at your computer in the morning, posting in just this thread. Are you sure you didn't spend a couple of those minutes reading my post? I mean, I don't know why you wouldn't have since the earlier post I linked shows you read the rest of the thread when you woke up!

So, here's the question: Why didn't you respond to my case as soon as you had the opportunity to do so?

I just skimmed over it. I didn't feel like there was anything in your post that needed to be responded too. @Everyone, Celever and Jesi are buddying hard right now.

Also, just to put this into perspective, the primary reason to suspect Excal was that he dodged a question. Quaking's case now embodies the case on Excal and more, so no one on Excal has any reason to be now.
I just skimmed over it. I didn't feel like there was anything in your post that needed to be responded too. @Everyone, Celever and Jesi are buddying hard right now.
I can see that you're still riding with the "I didn't want to respond to your case because I couldn't think of anything" excuse. I mean, this is totally different to what you were claiming just 5 minutes ago, so it's a nice change in story. I'll let others post about what they think to that. Regardless, here's what you could respond with:
This is dumb and was riding off the pressure from Camo.
Clarify why you presented your case when you did. Your timing has been thrown under suspicion, so you should respond to this.
Jesi didn't ask how to scumhunt, she asked what method we should use to scumhunt from here. Quaking changed what she said, and this resulted in even Jesi being confused when Vom rode on quaking's reasoning. I think quaking was trying to ride off Camo's authority and build up momentum for him to use later in the day, which was indeed correct speculation when he made this ISO:
Refute this argument. The fact that you took me at my word basically means you conceded that I was correct. After all, a townie with false allegations made towards them would want to fight back, right?

But no, you didn't fight back. You were being manipulative and you got caught, and you didn't want to confront the issue head on. That is why you're now in this difficult situation.
Jesi already explained why she was confused, and it's easy to empathise with her logic. Quaking was forward with his post and phrased it like TFP was a definitive target, which isn't what occurs in RVS. Therefore, her confusion was entirely understandable, and I think both she and I read quaking's post with the same tone, the only difference in reactions was a result of experience.
Clarify on your post about TFP. Explain why it was clear RVS. Or was it not clear RVS? So... maybe it was bait. Did Jesi take your bait?

These theories have come about as a result of you not clarifying on why you voted TFP in the fashion which you did. As I mentioned in an above post, you're aggressive when you're sure of yourself, and only scum are sure of themselves on Day 1. They are the informed minorities, after all.
Jesi's "lying", uhh, wasn't that. She never said she couldn't scuhunt, nor that she didn't know how to. She said that she didn't know what methods should be used to go about scumhunting in this circumstance, which considering her only experience with D1 RVS in a town vs mafia setting was her first game, is totally logical. She's played 2 games guys. Most of these players are closer to 2 years, so we still need to cut her some slack! This is also only her second town vs mafia because Splatoon was off-piste.
Since you proposed the case, you need to defend the case too. This is a concession that your case is flawed, because you couldn't argue with my battering of it.
And EM being scum in that game would explain why Jesi thought you were making a legit case. After all, similar logic had worked before, right?
This is also a major point in my case against you. You claimed that Jesi was majorly lying because of what was said surrounding EM. But... she wasn't, was she? You were just saying any buzz word which came into your head to make her look scummy, because you had momentum and the crowd was with you.
##UNVOTE ##VOTE: quakingpunch73. You are reaching and you are riding off of the pressure of Camo, which is overly manipulative for a townie.
I just called your entire case a reach. Defend it.

So respond to this post and respond to my case. Promptly.

You know, quaking does have a point about Excal. We can get a decent amount of info based on how many people wrote their opinion about the case on him.
@Celever I don't think quaking is less aggressive than past games. Or at least not to a great extant. Quaking's accusing Celever and Jesi for buddying is weird. Usually buddying is something people accuse someone because they defended someone else, not agreeing with a case.

I found the buddying accusation a little strange.

Also, Scattered, I think you might've misread this:
Possibly, but only in a way which makes quaking worse off. I had a look over his past games just now when I saw your post, and I came to the conclusion that quaking is much more aggressive when he's sure about himself. Day 1 townie? Not sure about anything. Day 1 scum? Very secure.
Based off your response, I think you misread it as "Quaking is less aggressive when sure of himself". If that isn't the case, I've officially become confused again.

Also, just to put this into perspective, the primary reason to suspect Excal was that he dodged a question. Quaking's case now embodies the case on Excal and more, so no one on Excal has any reason to be now.

I can see that you're still riding with the "I didn't want to respond to your case because I couldn't think of anything" excuse. I mean, this is totally different to what you were claiming just 5 minutes ago, so it's a nice change in story. I'll let others post about what they think to that. Regardless, here's what you could respond with:

Clarify why you presented your case when you did. Your timing has been thrown under suspicion, so you should respond to this.
I thought Jesi was suspicious, and I wanted everyone else to see why, it's as simple as that.

Refute this argument. The fact that you took me at my word basically means you conceded that I was correct. After all, a townie with false allegations made towards them would want to fight back, right?

But no, you didn't fight back. You were being manipulative and you got caught, and you didn't want to confront the issue head on. That is why you're now in this difficult situation.
Remember Dimensional Shift? You basically lynched me because I was defending myself. What more do you want me to do other then spam "IM TOWN"?
[QUOTE}Clarify on your post about TFP. Explain why it was clear RVS. Or was it not clear RVS? So... maybe it was bait. Did Jesi take your bait?
These theories have come about as a result of you not clarifying on why you voted TFP in the fashion which you did. As I mentioned in an above post, you're aggressive when you're sure of yourself, and only scum are sure of themselves on Day 1. They are the informed minorities, after all.[/QUOTE]
You're becoming EM now. All I did was was participate in RVS. I saw someone was viewing the thread and wanted to gauge their reaction. I was agressive in Dimensional Shift day 1, and I was town.

Since you proposed the case, you need to defend the case too. This is a concession that your case is flawed, because you couldn't argue with my battering of it.

This is also a major point in my case against you. You claimed that Jesi was majorly lying because of what was said surrounding EM. But... she wasn't, was she? You were just saying any buzz word which came into your head to make her look scummy, because you had momentum and the crowd was with you.

I just called your entire case a reach. Defend it.

So respond to this post and respond to my case. Promptly.
My case on Jesi was that she said that RVS was over and lied that she had no idea how to scumhunt, but she had already said that she knew how to scumhunt. She backpedalled and lied on her statements, and recently, she has beenbuddying with you.

Case in point:
THANK YOU. See, Celever knows what's going on here.

I don't remember being asked anything either. All I did was tag you.

I think it's actually a viable case. I pulled up the post for reference and I'm going to comment on it as I see fit:

1) I do feel like quaking has been prominent with his questioning players and all that (I know before "Explain your wording" again), but it seems normal to me. Then again, I don't know how quaking plays since I've never actually played a game with him.
2) I feel the TFP vote was actually bait. It might be a bit of a stretch, but I think quaking made that vote to see if anyone was going to jump on it, and then jump them with questions and eventually a case. It's what happened to me and I don't like it.

I don't like how I've laid out my thoughts on this... but I tried to get my thoughts down. These are the two main things I have to say about the case.

Possibly, but only in a way which makes quaking worse off. I had a look over his past games just now when I saw your post, and I came to the conclusion that quaking is much more aggressive when he's sure about himself. Day 1 townie? Not sure about anything. Day 1 scum? Very secure.

It's all fake. Tagging players who are viewing the thread is spammy, tedious and, most importantly, looks productive. Sometimes townies do it, but scum do it more, because sometimes townies do it. :p

Good townies get out of the habit.

This is a decent conspiracy theory. :p

Ayy, that might actually be worth something!

The more you point this out, the scummier quaking looks...
I thought it was legitimate contributing. Lemme change my vote real quick:

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: QuakingPunch73

After looking at everything, quaking is the better lynch today.

If you don't want to get lynched today, I recommend answering this ASAP.

(I feel like I'm pressuring, and it feels so different from who I usually am. It's like I'm actually mad but just looking to get answers...)
Celever and Jesi, now that I've answered this, can you refute the claims of buddying that I bring up?

You know, quaking does have a point about Excal. We can get a decent amount of info based on how many people wrote their opinion about the case on him.
But that's because scum have thrown their weight behind the lynch, in my opinion. That's my theory right now, because the case was originally very weak. It's standard for a case on a new player to be the centre of attention early on because for scum it's an easy lynch and for town it's a path into Camo's good books, which I know some people value for self-preservation purposes. It was also a decent lead for very early Day 1, but this has now been upped by quaking.

I believe your vote is on Excal, so what do you think is better about his case than the one on quaking?
@Celever I don't think quaking is less aggressive than past games. Or at least not to a great extant.
The aggressiveness isn't the main point, however. I'm being more aggressive with quaking than I normally am on Day 1 too, because I really think I've found scum with him. The point is the content of his posts, not the tone of them, and the content of his posts has been analysed plenty by me.

Although, thanks to Jesi requoting my post, I think I know what you're referring to now. His only other analysis with town vs mafia is in Fire Emblem and Dimensional Shift. In Fire Emblem he subbed in fairly late, so there was enough information for him to have sufficient security. In Dimensional Shift, he didn't become very aggressive until quite late in the game. Earlier on, he was more quiet and sheepy. In both of those games he was town.

In Splatoon, he was aggressive and assured from the start, because he was in an informed faction, or at least as much as everyone else (and a lot of information was given by me and Prof).

The issue isn't whether he's normally assured, it's in what circumstances is he the most aggressive in. When he's lost he curls up, and he should be lost on early Day 1 if he's a townie. But he's not doing that, he's trying to take the forefront as much as he can and he's pushing for lynches with little substance to back them up because the popular opinion is going that way. The latter is mafia play no matter what way you swing it, and the former is uncharacteristic for his town meta.
Quaking's accusing Celever and Jesi for buddying is weird. Usually buddying is something people accuse someone because they defended someone else, not agreeing with a case.
Because he's panicking, but just hiding it well. However, when people panic and don't want to lose face, they say something intelligible and on-topic so players can try and relate with them, the more complex the better. It's a natural defence mechanism in this game and one which quaking was guilty of.

I found the buddying accusation a little strange.

Also, Scattered, I think you might've misread this:

Based off your response, I think you misread it as "Quaking is less aggressive when sure of himself". If that isn't the case, I've officially become confused again.

I read it as : town quaking is a lot more aggressive in general. Now I read it again and yeah I misread it.

I am on my phone trying to read about the full case on quaking and to understand it.
So far this is what I understood:

Quaking twisted the things that Jesi had said about the fact that she is not sure how to start scumhunting, by saying that she had said she doesn't know how to scumhunt in general,thus lying about that.

Is that the core of the case on quaking?

Just a brief explanation about what I mean by core case-
The main thing that a case is made of, without other additional things, such as OMGUS AtE etc..(me just trying to create a new term)

I'm simply agreeing on the points Celever has brought up. I have no idea what alignment he has or anything, but I like the posts he's been making on your case and I think you are acting scummy.

Also, Celever, I wanted to like your wall-of-text case thing so badly... but then I would've gotten in trouble from PMJ.

While typing this, I saw your post, Scattered, and I think core case could be relevant later on in this game. I like the idea of it.

I thought Jesi was suspicious, and I wanted everyone else to see why, it's as simple as that.
Camo's vote had nothing to do with it? It's far better play to hold onto your case until you have enough substance. As is shown by my beating of your case, it didn't have substance and wasn't considered. Why didn't you hold onto it a bit longer? Were you that desperate to try and get out of RVS? That's not necessarily pro-town either.
Remember Dimensional Shift? You basically lynched me because I was defending myself.
I just reread that game and I still don't know what you're referring to.
What more do you want me to do other then spam "IM TOWN"?
Nono, this benefits no one. If you're town you should have defense. Truth always prevails. That's the policy with our law system and if that's what's used to lock up murderers, it applies to a party game.
You're becoming EM now. All I did was was participate in RVS. I saw someone was viewing the thread and wanted to gauge their reaction.
Why did you word it like you did? Your other RVS votes weren't worded so definitively, so it could only have been a conscious decision.
I was agressive in Dimensional Shift day 1, and I was town.
You were not. Besides, aggressiveness isn't the focus so much as you would never put your neck out in that game like you did with Jesi here.
My case on Jesi was that she said that RVS was over and lied that she had no idea how to scumhunt, but she had already said that she knew how to scumhunt.
But I've already explained that she didn't. You can't refute English. You can claim a basic misunderstanding, but now that you haven't backed out, you've missed that opportunity. I've told you the truth of what happened and you stuck with your story because Jesi still had more votes on her than any other lynch. But... I know the truth. Jesi knows the truth. scattered knows the truth (judging by his post above). It's obvious what Jesi's thought process was if you use a little bit of perspective, and when building a case you have to look at it from all angles. It's the natural thing to do, so I don't believe that you didn't. And if you didn't, that's because you were a bloodthirsty mafian who was being opportunistic, so it still doesn't help!
She backpedalled and lied on her statements,
You also lied on your statements. You said that you didn't read the post, but then you backpedalled and stated that actually you just didn't see anything in the post worth responding to, because I completely disproved your former statement. And then I disproved your latter statement, and you haven't been able to answer.
and recently, she has beenbuddying with you.
Celever and Jesi, now that I've answered this, can you refute the claims of buddying that I bring up?
We're uh, not. Agreeing isn't buddying. I went to get the definition from the terminology thread, but that's due an overhaul so it'll be there eventually. :p Regardless, buddying is only relevant when it becomes a motif. Two players agreeing on a case is inevitable in a game like this. Clearly everyone who agreed with your case on Jesi didn't buddy you.

scattered, I'll respond to your post in a tiny sec bby, just gotta do a chore. xx

I believe your vote is on Excal, so what do you think is better about his case than the one on quaking?

As I have said, at the time before getting into understanding the case on quaking, I thought that the case on Excal is the best case. I am now trying to understand the case on quaking better, and it takes time for me since it is a case made by you, and therefore, requires a bit of time to fully understand. Not because it is hard to understand your cases, but because your cases are very good and long. And I am on my phone.

Celever, if you want honesty, then do you propose I claim, because I'm being honest with you now. The only other thing I could do is claim at this point.

I like how Jesi hasn't contributed at all even though she's posted more than anyone else. I also like how when she makes a statement she attempts to cover any way that she thinks we will think she's scummy.

I'm simply agreeing on the points Celever has brought up. I have no idea what alignment he has or anything, but I like the posts he's been making on your case and I think you are acting scummy.

Also, Celever, I wanted to like your wall-of-text case thing so badly... but then I would've gotten in trouble from PMJ.

While typing this, I saw your post, Scattered, and I think core case could be relevant later on in this game. I like the idea of it.
She says that she agrees with Celever's post. While that wouldn't inherently look bad the way she clarifies that she doesn't know what Celever's alignment is makes it look bad. Why in the world do you need the qualifier?

I like how Jesi hasn't contributed at all even though she's posted more than anyone else. I also like how when she makes a statement she attempts to cover any way that she thinks we will think she's scummy.
I'm trying to contribute, alright?
She says that she agrees with Celever's post. While that wouldn't inherently look bad the way she clarifies that she doesn't know what Celever's alignment is makes it look bad. Why in the world do you need the qualifier?
Because then quaking could've jumped on me and tried to say we were scumbuddies.

Now I want to like your post Camo
Why must I have such temptation to like these posts
But see why I made the statement that I didn't know anything about Celever's role? I didn't want to be attacked again. Therefore, I'm making all these measures in my posts to make sure that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back