CP5 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection' Booster Pack Image!

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Hey it's kinda cool that the volcanion doesn't require you to discard the energy like a "discharge" like attac! Also it has a decent 130 HP which can be boosted to 170 with fighting fury belt so it might live a hit to attack two turns in a row

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
If Arceus' first attack were an ability, this card would sure see a lot of play.

Yeah, as an ability it would have a whole range of possibilities. Hitting for weakness is obvious. Rainbow Force also comes to mind. It would also pair well with Bright Garden.

As an attack, it's kind of . . . useless? You're not inflicting any damage at all. And the effect ends your next turn, so by the time you want to attack, you're back to being a colorless type. At best you're gaining a resistance? Which isn't exactly much to write home about.

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
Arceus + Ninja Boy???? It retains all effects... thats op

I feel like it sounds good in theory, but wouldn't be too great in actual game play.

The type changing still works as an attack, so it would be the last thing you do before your turn ends, so you're still stuck with Arceus. By the time its the next turn, and you can use Ninja Boy, the effect has ended, so . . . forgive if I'm missing something, but that's not too helpful?

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Waste a turn with Arceus. Pokemon DOES remember that Arceus is god right? It's not bound by turns and human rules. While beatable, it doesn't care about turns made up by evolved apes, I mean seriously. Why can't we have good Arceus like the old days when we could play as many as we wanted and it had several types?

Come to think of it...I think i'm still missing a few from that set...

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
Pokemon seems to be playing it smart with their cards.

First Magearna is EX, so no pokedex number is shown. This one isn't EX, but is full art, so again no pokedex number is shown.

GG pokemon. GG.

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like the Arceus' card should have read:

Ability: Type Change: Choose an Energy card attached to Arceus, Arceus is now that type

[C][C][C][C] Power Blast: 120 damage. Discard an Energy card attached to Arceus, this attack is the same type as the Energy card you discard.

That would significantly increase its viability and combo potential.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Yeah, as an ability it would have a whole range of possibilities. Hitting for weakness is obvious. Rainbow Force also comes to mind. It would also pair well with Bright Garden.

As an attack, it's kind of . . . useless? You're not inflicting any damage at all. And the effect ends your next turn, so by the time you want to attack, you're back to being a colorless type. At best you're gaining a resistance? Which isn't exactly much to write home about.

Uh no, you can attack for weakness if you used Type Change. A very important rule in the game is that your turn ends after your attack. The translation goes like this:

Until the end of your next turn, Arceus is that type.

Also if the card says that specifically Arceus will be that new type, Ninja boy will likely not work.

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
Uh no, you can attack for weakness if you used Type Change. A very important rule in the game is that your turn ends after your attack. The translation goes like this:

Also if the card says that specifically Arceus will be that new type, Ninja boy will likely not work.

Ah, I missed the part about it ending after the end of your next turn. So that does help a bit. Although, you're still a bit of a sitting duck (read: space goat) for the turn after you use Type Change.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
So, the Mythical FA's are numbered in-set... I wonder what the Secret Rares are then... Here's hoping for a FA Zygarde-EX... Actually, coming to think of it, the secret rares might actually be special Full Art versions of the Kalos legendary trio EX cards, similar to Reshiram and Zekrom from Legendary Treasures... (btw, isn't there any fan name for the trio of Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde?)

Also, odd that the Zygarde in the japanese special pack is the one from the american pre-releases. I thought it would be the one from the Zygarde Collection Box. Maybe that one is in this Concept pack...
EDIT: Actually, I was right but I didn't check the image, just read the news story. @Water Pokémon Master That's the Zygarde from the Collection Box, not from the Fates Collide pre-releases.

I feel like the Arceus' card should have read:

Ability: Type Change: Choose an Energy card attached to Arceus, Arceus is now that type

[C][C][C][C] Power Blast: 120 damage. Discard an Energy card attached to Arceus, this attack is the same type as the Energy card you discard.

That would significantly increase its viability and combo potential.

Do you even understand the TCG? You don't gain a resistance if you change type. Arceus weakness/resistance will be the same even if you change its type. It's also the card's type that let's you hit for weakness, not the actual card's attacks. This is not the video games.

Last edited:

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Ah, I missed the part about it ending after the end of your next turn. So that does help a bit. Although, you're still a bit of a sitting duck (read: space goat) for the turn after you use Type Change.

Yeah it's totally not a very godlike attack. This Arceus doesn't look particularly fun to play when your opponent can just switch to another type or use Pokémon Rangers.

C'mon they should make an Arceus EX so overpowered that it would have to be banned before it's release.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Give me the good old days when we were just creating cards for the sake of having certain Pokemon come out and not be used ever. :/ I mean if you put a Burst Balloon on him, okay, you might survive a turn but really, who isn't going to blast that Arceus away, especially with that second attack cost.
pokestache.com_1313_1369074179.jpg

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah it's totally not a very godlike attack. This Arceus doesn't look particularly fun to play when your opponent can just switch to another type or use Pokémon Rangers.

C'mon they should make an Arceus EX so overpowered that it would have to be banned before it's release.

The possibilities for Arceus are really endless, and yet we've gotten very lackluster cards.
I know they haven't gone back to the Ancient Traits in a while, but Arceus should totally be entitled to the "Δ Plus" (take an extra prize) trait.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
btw, I do hope they include the regular art cards as a sub-set in the last XY set (or at least release them in a promotional box) and since the FAs are already being released in their own boxes, I'd like them to also include a few other legendary cards released in Japan recently that are missing here in the west and there may be no other way to release except doing that mash-up.
Here's a list:
Diancie (movie 17 promo, variant of the one we got in Phantom Forces)
Hoopa Full Art (movie 18 promo, with shiny Mega Rayquaza, Mega Latios and others in the background)
Mewtwo-EX (Blue Shock reprint, we got the Red Flash one reprint in the Triple Power Tins)
Rayquaza (Uniqlo clothes promo)
Azelf (CoroCoro Ichiban promo)
Shiny Rayquaza (Skytree Town Poké Center promo)
Jirachi Full Art (Premium Champion Pack booster box promo)
Black Kyurem (Pokémon Card Gym promo)
Victini (CoroCoro Ichiban promo)

That's 9 cards, with 2 being FAs so the sub-set wouldn't feel that empty.

There's also a Volcanion (seems to be a reprint of the one in Steam Siege) but I think they will save that one for a Volcanion figure box.

DmightyB

Da Mighty Bee
I just wish they'd make the movies again released in all the theaters and give out the cards around the world, not JUST IN JAPAN.