CP5 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection' Booster Pack Image!

Now that we know where the Mythical Collections' promos come from, who wants to bet the Kanto Starters/Pikachu EX FA promos from the Red & Blue Collection Boxes come from Japan's CP6 20th anniversary set?

I'm assuming that Magearna won't get a Regular Art. They probably don't want to give away the Pokedex Number. That leaves 4 spaces. I'm guessing the 3 fates collide Prerelease ledgendarys, and Trainer Kit Suicune.

I feel like it sounds good in theory, but wouldn't be too great in actual game play.

The type changing still works as an attack, so it would be the last thing you do before your turn ends, so you're still stuck with Arceus. By the time its the next turn, and you can use Ninja Boy, the effect has ended, so . . . forgive if I'm missing something, but that's not too helpful?
The description says that it ends at the end of your next turn. So Arceus would be the type you selected

I want these cards. Mainly because I'm a huge Arceus fan, Volcanion is boss, and Magearna's Art is very pretty.

If Magearna is getting a regular artwork print then that means we should also be getting a Dex number for the Pokemon. I'd assume at this point that Magearna will get Victini style treatment and come before the starters at # 722, but if for some reason it doesn't, then we will be getting a rough estimate of the number of new Pokemon in sun and moon.

Well, those regular Xerneas & Yveltal prints were never released in Japan so it makes sense. If White kyurem is in the set, then Moltres and Zygarde are there for sure too. Now, if shiny Xerneas-EX and shiny Yveltal-EX are in fact, in the set. they're part of the secret cards, as this CP is supposed to have secret cards. Kind of a shame. I was hoping the secret cards would be FAs of the Kalos trio... Perfect Zygarde doesn't have a FA card unlike the other two...

EDIT: I think I know what's the final card... Remember the Pikachu Libre & Suicune deck kit? The Pikachu Libre was released in Japan recently but not Suicune. The last card is probably that Suicune as it's the only legendary pokémn card missing in Japan that fits the missing space in the card list...

Last edited:
And here I am waiting for the other Pokemon to get EX and mega EX cards. They all should have had them by now.

Yay, stopped collecting the 20th anniversary boxes (way to expensive), when I preorded these! Awesome cards and better quality at a better price.

So, we will get that Slowbro-EX?
What I am expecting on that XY12, like what you've previously sir that is like LTR. So that, the rotated cards will have a chance to shine in 2017's Standard Format. But for this, we'll see how it goes. (I want those Mythical NA in that XY12.)

So, we will get that Slowbro-EX?
What I am expecting on that XY12, like what you've previously sir that is like LTR. So that, the rotated cards will have a chance to shine in 2017's Standard Format. But for this, we'll see how it goes. (I want those Mythical NA in that XY12.)
What Slowbro that I am expecting is the 20th Anniv. Special Set.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically, is Japan skipping its September set and releasing only CPs until December? Is that kind of what happened at the end of the BW era? I don't know because I haven't been following the TCG since then.

So I guess our November set will be mostly half of CP5 and all of CP6. And not much space left for CP4. We're probably not getting a "reprint set" after all, unless they make it a gigantic set and put in the relevant cards from CP4 too.

So basically, is Japan skipping its September set and releasing only CPs until December? Is that kind of what happened at the end of the BW era? I don't know because I haven't been following the TCG since then.

So I guess our November set will be mostly half of CP5 and all of CP6. And not much space left for CP4. We're probably not getting a "reprint set" after all, unless they make it a gigantic set and put in the relevant cards from CP4 too.

The last set in Japan during the BW block was EX Battle Boost, which was indeed mostly treated like a concept pack, though this was before they started using the CP# numbering scheme and the abbreviation for the set was just EBB. It was mostly reprints with a few new cards, such as the Imakuni? trainer and the first Stage 2 EXes (Chandelure and Excadrill). EBB was put together with the Japanese Shiny Collection (SC) to form the English expansion Legendary Treasures, with the SC cards becoming the Radiance Collection mini-set.

It does indeed look like this pattern in continuing, as it's now several weeks since XY11 came out and there's been no word on XY12. However, there is a concept pack that will be released in September, which is the month slated for the next "regular" Japanese set. We don't know a lot about this set yet, but presumably we'll be finding out more in the next few months. Because we don't know much about it, it's hard to guess if it would be suitable for the English November set. Since CP4 was more similar to EBB, it's possible that those cards will get reprinted then instead. It seems like a decent amount of the CP5 cards have already been released in English anyway.

I feal like recently Pokemon scouted me. Shaymin ( Land ) And Jiraci are my favorite pokemon and all of a sudden all of theese new cards of theese cute cretures are apearing!

Back