10 Cards from 'Legendary Holo Collection' Revealed!

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one laughing at this card? It's not that it's a terrible card...it's just that it's Pikachu EX. It cracks me up. Also, if things had gone as originally planned in the franchise, it could have been a Clefairy EX. I am glad it's not part of one of the main sets.
I actually was literally rolling on the floor laughing maniacally when I first saw it.

DreamingMunna

Zzz
This was inevitable and makes a lot of sense. Some unevolved Pokemon are really popular, why not give them an EX? not to mention Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise. And depending on future Pokemon games, we may already have unevolved Pokemon EX.

Will this be a perfectly reasonable 'exception' (based on what we have received) or will this be the first of other known unevolved EX. I would rather see Jigglypuff-EX over Wigglytuff-EX and Meowth-EX over Persian-EX.
Yassssss! I totally agree, a Jigglypuff EX would be the most adorable card ever!

I really wish they had a Raichu EX. Or if the Raichu BREAK evolves from this card, I wouldn't mind that either. But I doubt that's how BREAK is going to work. Beautiful card tho.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
The first NFE EX. I wouldn't expect them to make a habit of it, Pikachu will probably stay the only one unless cross-generational evolutions get re-introduced in a later gen. Unlike the old lower case ex this little rat will never evolve. I will of course endeavour to complete this miniset when it gets its English (real :p) release.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
We don't know for sure, but very likely it will be since the previous 3 mini-sets have all made their appearance in English in some form. Since we know it's not being added into Ancient Origins (the way that Shiny Collection was folded into EX Battle Boost to form the English Legendary Treasures), it will very likely be released in some sort of separate promotional product, like Dragon Vault or Double Crisis.

Cristianno Martins

I didn’t do it!
If paired with "Energy Grace" Milotic, and your single energy attachment, you can do 200 damage.

Actually, you can't. Not in the way you suggested, at least. Milotic explicitly says "except pokemon ex" on the description of its ability.
On the other hand, you could make sure that those energy ended up on pikachu IF you combine Milotic with some kind of energy transfer strategy, like using Eelektross from primal clash, sacrificing Milotic to bring 3 energies to any non-ex on the bench (such as Eelektross itself), and using energy connect to move those energies to the active Pikachu EX. If you can maintain an energy being attached from the hand and a Milotic being sacrificed per turn, you can end up trading one prize for 200 damage turn after turn (assuming your opponent can't one hit KO you pikachu ex next turn. It seems very situational, and significantly risky, but kind of a quick strategy nevertheless (I mean, if you can set up before your opponent, it's gonna be very difficult for him to respond).

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Hope this means more smaller pokemon which normally evolve, also get EX from now on. Like Scyther EX for example. Scyther also had an ex card in the ex series.

I need to get this card.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
Actually, you can't. Not in the way you suggested, at least. Milotic explicitly says "except pokemon ex" on the description of its ability.
On the other hand, you could make sure that those energy ended up on pikachu IF you combine Milotic with some kind of energy transfer strategy, like using Eelektross from primal clash, sacrificing Milotic to bring 3 energies to any non-ex on the bench (such as Eelektross itself), and using energy connect to move those energies to the active Pikachu EX. If you can maintain an energy being attached from the hand and a Milotic being sacrificed per turn, you can end up trading one prize for 200 damage turn after turn (assuming your opponent can't one hit KO you pikachu ex next turn. It seems very situational, and significantly risky, but kind of a quick strategy nevertheless (I mean, if you can set up before your opponent, it's gonna be very difficult for him to respond).

Aghh I was about to post a reply like this...:p I think the most viable way to do it would be using Energy Grace to put three lightning energy onto an active Ditto BCR, then put a Pikachu EX onto said Ditto. But even that wouldn't be too great (sorry Pikachu fans).

Doomdesirer

Stardoom warrior
this card sucks. it is a trash energy card and a flipper, it isn't good with anything but mega manetric ex to trash the energy and put it on something useful. the hp is trash for an ex. I wouldn't see this as anything but a collector card.

themiraclemeat

Aspiring Trainer
Getting pretty sick of Pokemon's treatment toward Raichu right now...

Patience young grasshopper. I was think about it and wouldn't it be cool if EX pokemon evolved? Maybe this new "BREAK EVOLUTION" mechanic will be the introduction of EX evolutionist. This whole game's best mechanic is the evolution process, IMO.

4te

Aspiring Trainer
huh, forgot about that detail

Mike Rach

Aspiring Trainer
Energy Grace's ability won't work to power up an EX.
QUOTE="4te, post: 2729199, member: 67255"]If paired with "Energy Grace" Milotic, and your single energy attachment, you can do 200 damage.[/QUOTE]

scuba steveE

Absolute
I'm surprised that it took them this long to make a Ex for Pikachu.

Also, I really do not get why people are mad about this. Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise, I expect it to get stuff like this.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
What a waste of card art for a Pikachu EX. If they are going to make a powerful Pikachu, why not draw it correctly and not give it that dumb round head that Pikachu inexplicably adopted over the past 5 years?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Might be a silly question - but is this card coming out in English?

We don't know for sure, but very likely it will be since the previous 3 mini-sets have all made their appearance in English in some form. Since we know it's not being added into Ancient Origins (the way that Shiny Collection was folded into EX Battle Boost to form the English Legendary Treasures), it will very likely be released in some sort of separate promotional product, like Dragon Vault or Double Crisis.