10 Cards from 'Legendary Holo Collection' Revealed!

4te

Aspiring Trainer
If paired with "Energy Grace" Milotic, and your single energy attachment, you can do 200 damage.

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
Another Pikachu card for my want list.
I wonder if basic EX of Pokémon that can still evolve will have something to do with the soon to come break evolution.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I actually really like the art. It's the best part of the card.

Competitively, it's garbage, which is a shame.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
Am I the only one laughing at this card? It's not that it's a terrible card...it's just that it's Pikachu EX. It cracks me up. Also, if things had gone as originally planned in the franchise, it could have been a Clefairy EX. I am glad it's not part of one of the main sets.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Heck, and I was about to not buy Legendary Holo Collection. Now I don't have a choice.

silverdew77

Aspiring Trainer
I actually really like the art. It's the best part of the card.

Competitively, it's garbage, which is a shame.
Well You could combind it with Eelektrik in expanded to do tons of damage or mega Manectric as a heavy hitter.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
Follow-up: Maybe Raichu EX will evolve from this card and it's a sign that the love for EX will parlay to all cards being EX in the future. Ultra Ball EX, Potion EX, Fire Energy EX, Here Comes Team Rocket EX, etc. (kidding)

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Possibly competitively viable, but Camerupt-EX does it better and has Blacksmith to accelerate to boot.. And is still a sub-$5 EX.

But for some reason I still want it :p

ThunderVolt

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know why. But I felt that this HAD to happen at some point, and now that it has... I see exactly what I expected TPCi to do: An EX that is not terrible but also not very good. I mean can sorta see it being splashed in a M Manectric deck as a last resort filler but still. Why couldn't they have at the retreat cost as none and made over spark cheaper or iron tail have higher damage output? If that had been done it would have worked really well I think, but the way they did it is just... meh

aniketdianafury

Aspiring Trainer
Never expected pikachu-EX , i am pretty sure it will be a part of ancient origins set like RC cards from legendary treasures.

Purrloin

I don't like using Pokemon that require energy discarding -- I think people who don't mind that could get this to work decently, though.

From a collector's standpoint, however, I definitely want the card. I think it looks great!

Also, I know this is just going to be a one time thing, since Pikachu is the mascot, but I really wouldn't mind seeing more EX of unevolved stages.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Well You could combind it with Eelektrik in expanded to do tons of damage or mega Manectric as a heavy hitter.

Maybe as a one-of. Maybe. But not as a main hitter. It only has 130 HP, which is just begging to get gusted up and killed. That's on the same level as Jirachi and Shaymin, minus the S-tier Abilities they have that warrant the low HP.

If you can pile five Energy on it, you can OHKO anything, yeah, but what are the chances that will ever happen? Five energy is like half of your entire pool. And the amount of support required to do it is crazy and not worth the effort.

If you want to try a nuke deck, I would suggest Camerupt-EX. Fire has better support for this sort of thing: Team Magma's Camerupt, Scorched Earth, and Blacksmith make firing off huge Explosive Jets fairly easy.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
This was inevitable and makes a lot of sense. Some unevolved Pokemon are really popular, why not give them an EX? not to mention Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise. And depending on future Pokemon games, we may already have unevolved Pokemon EX.

Will this be a perfectly reasonable 'exception' (based on what we have received) or will this be the first of other known unevolved EX. I would rather see Jigglypuff-EX over Wigglytuff-EX and Meowth-EX over Persian-EX.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Seriously... I had actually considered the possibility of this happening (hoopa is the central pokémon of one of the packs, pikachu is the other; there are only 2 RR cards in the set, one is hoopa-ex, so this had to be the other one)... But I was hoping it wouldn't turn out to be true...
It's pathetic...
Where's Arceus-EX??? Should have been in Bandit Ring instead of Lugia, and they could put Lugia in this mini set instead, but no... and now this...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
After we knew the Arceus of this set was normal, I expected Pikachu to get the other EX spot next to Hoopa, so this isn't surprising, but still fun. Super cute card! :D