10 Cards from 'Legendary Holo Collection' Revealed!

Purrloin

Have to admit I'm a bit upset that the art of these two cards don't match up with each other. :/ But still, this set is looking better by the day.

Jaaaaay

Fear the Six Karp Fisherman
If they could print cards in these mini sets that wernt trash...that would be great. Between dragon vault, Radient Collection, Aqua/Magma, and this....the only playable cards have literally been Rayquza (reprint), Mew EX (reprint) and Magma Camerupt.

Im all for having super nice cards, but it would be good to be able to use them in competitive. Or even if they were just kinda bad....not 100% useless bad.

Reggie McGigas

-
Guys,these are good and nice cards but,these are rarely useful in battle because of the attacks.

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
If they could print cards in these mini sets that wernt trash...that would be great. Between dragon vault, Radient Collection, Aqua/Magma, and this....the only playable cards have literally been Rayquza (reprint), Mew EX (reprint) and Magma Camerupt.

Im all for having super nice cards, but it would be good to be able to use them in competitive. Or even if they were just kinda bad....not 100% useless bad.

These separate mini-sets are specifically made to be more collectible than playable. Us collectors need to get a bone thrown at us occasionally too, you know. :p

Doomdesirer

Stardoom warrior
These separate mini-sets are specifically made to be more collectible than playable.

My family is huge on pokemon, I am trying to be more of a competitive player, my sisters are collectors, and my little brother is into competitive VCG. One of my sisters has the entire radiant collection and is working on dragon vault. she is going to love this set as it has 3 of her fave pokemon, Pikachu, latias, and latios.

Jaaaaay

Fear the Six Karp Fisherman
These separate mini-sets are specifically made to be more collectible than playable. Us collectors need to get a bone thrown at us occasionally too, you know. :p

I lean more towards collecting, however, i dont see why they couldnt improve the cards slightly.

Latias for example, could have been draw 3? At least then would be on par with Deoxys (ROS) - Slightly more draw but must have Latios and cant go T1.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
They look cool. As a collector I'm for them. I admit it would be nice to be playable as sometimes I play though not competitively.

The thing with running Latios and Latias in the same deck is that you have to run 3 different energy (excluding Rainbow energy and Double Dragon energy).

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
The artwork is great, the cards playability...not so much. I think the best card in this set is Hoopa because it's a good starter, but it gives up two prizes.

Vanguardmetrics

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The artwork is great, the cards playability...not so much. I think the best card in this set is Hoopa because it's a good starter, but it gives up two prizes.
It's decent, in Night March can net you 2 battle compressor so that's not too bad. Especially for no energy w/ D-Valley in play!

CG11t

Aspiring Trainer
Sadly, the only one other than pikachu EX thats playable is palkia. With palkia you could technically lysandre up something with no energy on it and the only thing your opponent could use to get it out of the active is switch or escape rope. With vileplume, I think it could be quite interesting.

Cristianno Martins

I didn’t do it!
It's decent, in Night March can net you 2 battle compressor so that's not too bad. Especially for no energy w/ D-Valley in play!

Hoopa actually can't take advantage of dimension valley at all: that stadium only removes one colorless from the cost of each psychic pokemon's attacks, but both Hoopa's attacks require psychic energy as the color of every energy =/

Vanguardmetrics

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hoopa actually can't take advantage of dimension valley at all: that stadium only removes one colorless from the cost of each psychic pokemon's attacks, but both Hoopa's attacks require psychic energy as the color of every energy =/
oh pfft im stupid ignore me im bad at this game.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Wondrous Full Art Artwork... Although I don't exactly know how the collector's market works with cards like this, given that I play the game digitally more than collect. I wonder how the market has been these days...

Despite that, I see the Palkia as the most interesting card, dealing a good amount of damage and blocking energy... Though I wish it was Water-Double Colorless for the attack - energy acceleration would be the issue of using it.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
In some ways this set might have been better if the Legendary collection was JUST legendaries.

I kind of hope the appearance of Fennekin/Braixen will set up for the chance to have a psychic Delphox as a promo card.

Why Hippopotas? Why Rufflet/Braviary? Does someone in the movie own them or is this a hint as to a main characters new Pokémon?

Also we have Meowth, Inkay and Wobbuffet. Where the heck is Pumpkaboo. Of course we don't have any of Clemont's Pokémon bar Chespin so...