10 Cards from 'Legendary Holo Collection' Revealed!

These cards look really good, and hey I get the question answered about the regular Hoopa EX. It's here. Can't wait to see the rest.

I wonder if we're get this as an incorporated miniset like the Radiant Collection or as blisters like Double Crisis and Dragon Vault.

These cards make something very clear to me, and that is the fact that TPCi is finally beginning to move away from over-powered "Big Basics." Every single one of these cards had the potential to be a 150+ HP EX and instead they decided to make them just average basic cards. They are still playable, but not in this format. I'm hoping that after this rotation and the next the format will be something similar to the HGSS era.

I hope this set will release in English, because I'm pretty sure that there will not be a Hoopa Confined in the Bandit Ring/Ancient Origins expansion.

I don't deny that Double Crisis had some good artwork but it was all Magma/Aqua Pokémon and to be honest owner's Pokémon don't hold much play appeal to me since Gym Heroes/Challenge when I made an Erika deck, though I did make a Cynthia deck in the D/P/Pt format. I've never been interested in a Dark/Team Rocket deck, an Aqua or Magma deck, or a Plasma deck. Binder wise Dark Tyranitar is the only Dark Pokémon in it because there is no alternative for a fighting Tyranitar and only plasma EX Pokémon are in the binder if I have no alternative, which is one of the reasons I like seeing the Lugia EX from Bandit Ring/Ancient Origins. For me a lot of the times a card has to be (at least by my definition of it) more than its artwork. Except FA's they get a special section all their own.

In the end the only Pokémon from Double Crisis I've considered getting is Aqua's Kyogre EX and Magma's Groudon EX, and even to date I haven't done it.

In the end the only Pokémon from Double Crisis I've considered getting is Aqua's Kyogre EX and Magma's Groudon EX, and even to date I haven't done it.
But that has to be because of their artwork. Why else would you want them? I have the Groudon and it is glorious.

I also want it to be a miniset because I want all the copies of that Arceus.

Am I the only one trying to figure out a way to use that Arceus in deck with just every type of energy in it?

Finally. a new Arceues card since all the way back during the D/P/PL days. just like the old ones, this new one is next to useless. At least the other cards had 1 for every type, and trainer card support with Arceus in their names, such as searching your deck for card named Arceus, or something along those lines. I can't remember. It was the very last set before the HeartGold and SoulSilver sets came out. That's all I remember
I long for the day when we get an actual playable Arceus card.
Arceus was completely playable during the Majestic Dawn - On era. It just took way more thought that anyone has predicted and never caught on because SP was too blinding. Arceus played properly was an SP killer (70%-80% win ratio) and gave the player an overwhelming amount of options.
Some research may show that Arceus did take a single state championship back then. Of course, mid-season rotation to HGSS-on killed it.

I've been waiting for Arceus to return. Although, this card may be somewhat disappointing.
Why no Arceus rule? I don't want to run other pokemon.
No matter what, I will find a way to make this Arceus playable.

Yeah, I was also hoping that. It's kinda surprising that after all this time that ex cards have been around there is still no Arceus ex card.

Arceus may not have access to Ho-Oh EX or Beautifly DRX in Standard, but Ancient Togekiss could work. If you attach 5 Energy, you're doing 10 + 150. With a Muscle Band, that's 160 + 20. Normally, that would be a great deck, but I'm not positive if it could really take Knock-Outs like that in XY-on. Most of the best EX's from XY-on are Megas like Rayquaza and Sceptile.

Back