Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I meant the other way around with Mord. I'd say the fact that LC was kinda meta playing is the main reason, but the way they where trying to turn all the attention away from them and onto Morda was kinda suspicious. At least to me, with the way they did it.

Jade says that they voted LC because he was meta playing, turning attention away, which is a mix of what others have said, but whatever.

All of my actions were redirected (to people I voted for yesterday; did anyone else have this happen?), and LC is suddenly dangerous. He got this item:
It has flavor text, but I'm intentionally removing it, so nobody else can copy it for similar items. This item is bad on town, and dangerous on scum. I don't want to give LC a chance to pass it to a scumbuddy.
##vote: Little Cherrim
@Keeper of Night I was not targeting you, but you got my PM. Can you PM me back during the night?

Similar thing happened to me. Dangerous item to have. Wouldn't want that to get passed to a scum. ##VOTE: Little Cherrim

Jade votes LC now because of the item they have.

What similar thing happened to you? Pleases explain why you think LC is scum.

I feel like I'm moving to fast and just jumping onto the voting bandwagon whenever one starts. I'm gonna slow down and ##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim for now. (First time playing this game, too excited. Sorry! lol)

Ignoring my question. Admitting that they were just bandwagoning because of being new. See what ever a new player points out to their newness as a defense, you should be suspicious.

Thought that had to do with the item, but it must have been Tortuga :/ Voted for him because of the item he seemed to have. stupid reason to vote. Really though it was because of the bandwagon. Reason for bandwagon first time playing, getting excited, same stuff I said in previous post.

After asking again, now they say that they did vote because of the item. Also saying it was a stupid reason. Remember that for the next quotes-
OH and once again- using their newness as defense.

## is used for voting lynch. I'm gonna come back to my original vote ##VOTE: Little Cherrim. for same reasons as before (no, I'm not talking about the bandwagoning reason). oh and just fyi I'm going to bed soon so won't be on much longer.

So what reason are you talking about? The reason about the item, on which you said was stupid?
Why was it so urgent for you to vote now?
For tomorrow- if nothing comes up, I will probably vote you.
-Mindlessly bandwagoning
-ATE
-Not giving direct answers.

You are new, but there was time to give you the benefit of the doubt. Now is the time to look into you seriously. However, you do have a whole night to prepare your defense, so see that as an easy way for the first time you respond to a case on you :p

Night 2
Many of the crew spent the day in silence, sleeping off their heads of rum from Tortuga the Night before. After that particular incident, none of them had any desire to go back; indeed, when one crewmate claimed to have hidden information about one of the other ports––allowing them to stay up and talk all Night!––they all hastily placed their votes.

When it came time to decide on a candidate to toss overboard, only one name was brought up, again and again. Little Cherrim had not responded to interrogations to the other crewmates' liking, and it was due to this silence on Little Cherrim's part that the votes began to pile up. After seven votes had been cast, some of the crew realized their mistake––but even the kind gods' grant of an extra 24 hours was for naught.

And so it was that Little Cherrim was the second crewmate to be forced overboard. In his final moments before falling, he called out his true identity:

You’re Will Turner, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. Once, you were opposed to the notion of piracy, but you’ve long since been swept up in Jack’s plans. Your father was a pirate, after all––you’ve got seawater in your veins!

Passive Ability: Succession
As fate would have it, you are the one to succeed your father as a pirate. At any point in the game, if Bootstrap Bill dies, your Abilities will be replaced by most of his Active Abilities.

Passive Ability: On Guard
You trained your mind and body for three hours every day before meeting Jack. Of course, that was all to impress a girl, but it’s still useful now! During each Night Phase, if you are targeted by a player, you will learn who targeted you. You will not, however, learn what they targeted you with. If you are targeted by the player whose role or safeclaim is Elizabeth Swann, you and that player will gain new Abilities.

Hidden Ability: Courting
You are desperate to gain the approval of the woman you love. As such, if you and the player whose role or safeclaim is Elizabeth Swann vote for the same player, your combined vote weight will be 3.
During the next Night Phase, you will gain a new Ability.

Win Condition: All threats to the Motley Crew are eliminated.

As Little Cherrim sank to the depths, a small wooden ball floated up to the surface. As it spun in the water, those of the crew with spyglasses could see that is was carved like an eye. A number of them looked at this uncomfortably––they knew what it was and what it did. They also knew that it was irretrievable, now. It had, for all intents and purposes, been destroyed.

"Avast, mates," Jack said. "It's no good to linger on what may've been. We're settin' sail now, for another port."

"Not back to Tortuga?" said one of the crew.

"Nay, not back to Tortuga," Jack said. Where they were going, there would be no rum. "We're headed for Fiddler's Green."

Night 2 has begun.

Fiddler's Green is in effect. All living players may continue to speak in-thread this Night. In all other ways, including the use of Night actions and the Nightkill (all of which will be processed at the end of the Night), this functions exactly as a normal Night.

Night 2 will end on Saturday, April 8, at 11AM PST | 2PM EST, or roughly the timestamp of this post, 48 hours from now, in your own timezone.

@rainyman123 That hammer was scummy. Same goes for Jade. I'll forgive you, as you just subbed in, but you really need to think logically this game. I'll start you off with this: What are your thoughts on the events of the past two days? This means the lynches, posts you found scummy, players you found towny, etc.
I like scattered's case on @Jadethepokemontrainer and I want him to respond to that.
Some players are not paying attention to the game, and a floating to a large degree. Look out for them as scum. I'll see if I can find some quotes later tonight.

Just based on his posts and responses, I can't help but feel like Jade is just newbie town. Scum can usually sort out that kind of behavior in their chat, and since he isn't it just seems like he's trying to stay active without knowing how.

telling them that you are voting them because you want to pressure them, is useless

Yep, I will admit this was dumb, (pointing it out), but I still have no problem with trying to pressure an inactive. At the time, barring you, everyone was tunneling on Cherrim from what I had read. I didn't want to question someone on something that had already been talked about because I am fairly confident I would be blasted for not paying attention, when I really didn't have the time to do so.

From the posts scattered commented on, Jade just looks like a brand new player to me, I don't think she looks overly scummy, but I can see where the suspicions are coming from, it is the last quote that strikes me as the scummiest. I don't know how I feel about the new player defense, I feel like a new player doing that shouldn't be too uncommon personally, especially if they don't know how else to defend themselves

Well, you were the one who asked for more votes on LC when he was at L-2 already...
1) He was at L-4
2) I wanted to see if there was any opposition to the lynch, so I could warn people if it truly was unanimous at this stage in the game. I wasn't expecting a hammer.

Ignoring my question. Admitting that they were just bandwagoning because of being new. See what ever a new player points out to their newness as a defense, you should be suspicious.
I explained what similar thing happened to me. LC was the only person who, In my perspective at least, was acting suspicious.

So what reason are you talking about? The reason about the item, on which you said was stupid?
Things from day one. Review above.

Some players are not paying attention to the game

It's true. Been very busy, am going to be less busy for the rest of the month, so I will be paying more attention. I was tired last night when I posted my vote.

I am going to try to be a lot more serious from now on. Sorry for not being serious before.

Ah, just looked up what that meant. Will do the best I can to stop that, though not exactly sure what I was doing. (the newness/excitedness thing?)

Just based on his posts and responses, I can't help but feel like Jade is just newbie town. Scum can usually sort out that kind of behavior in their chat, and since he isn't it just seems like he's trying to stay active without knowing how.

Well, people said the same things about new scums. They are quite aware of the fact that looking confused is good, so scumbuddies usually tell them "keep going" and not really give them advice about being more focused. The best we can do is to pressure them, and follow their vote patterns.

Yep, I will admit this was dumb, (pointing it out), but I still have no problem with trying to pressure an inactive. At the time, barring you, everyone was tunneling on Cherrim from what I had read. I didn't want to question someone on something that had already been talked about because I am fairly confident I would be blasted for not paying attention, when I really didn't have the time to do so.

I wouldn't say it was dumb. It is something I used to do a lot when I was new, because inactives were very annoying for me, and it is very logical to lynch them out of the game first, but as I said- not very effective for actually winning the game. I just put that very bluntly (and maybe too aggressive as one mentioned), but I just wrote as if I'm writing to myself in the past, if that makes sense.

I explained what similar thing happened to me. LC was the only person who, In my perspective at least, was acting suspicious.

That you explained. The how is what I was looking for.

It's true. Been very busy, am going to be less busy for the rest of the month, so I will be paying more attention. I was tired last night when I posted my vote.

I am going to try to be a lot more serious from now on. Sorry for not being serious before.

Fine. Waiting to see that tomorrow.

The best thing for everyone to do now is to read back and find interesting points/things to note or ask for D3. Not doing that will result in you being inactive because you "just can't keep up".

Well, people said the same things about new scums. They are quite aware of the fact that looking confused is good, so scumbuddies usually tell them "keep going" and not really give them advice about being more focused. The best we can do is to pressure them, and follow their vote patterns.
Except as far as I can tell, he isn't going out of his way to act confused. He doesn't seem confused at all, just not responding properly, which is something I expect a teammate to have corrected him on already.

Except as far as I can tell, he isn't going out of his way to act confused. He doesn't seem confused at all, just not responding properly, which is something I expect a teammate to have corrected him on already.

His last answer seems to me very guided and not confused at all.

To bad LC wasnt scum has his silence could lead others to presume him as a scum who have given up, but maybe that was due to time different and such..
But the lynch was bound to happen since no other option was strongly persued.

Althoh Jade might seems like a newbie town, that can also be easily as newbie scum. (I think someone said this before just cant remember who),

It could be someone trying to frame Cherrim, because I redirected his ability to TSM, as he wasn't contributing so if anything severe happened, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. And speaking of TSM, I was forced to give my Double Vote item to him. I don't know by who, but he has possession of it right now.

I don't know if it worth mentioning, I can confirm the current whereabout of that particular items.

Day 2 Vote Count #1
Vote Count to Lynch:
Little Cherrim: 2 | [NinjaPenguin], [Lord o da rings], [Jadethepokemontrainer]

Day 2 Vote Count #2
Vote Count to Lynch:
@Little Cherrim: 5
| [NinjaPenguin], [Lord o da rings], [Jadethepokemontrainer], [Keeper of Night], [Blakers], [GM DracLord]
Vote Count for Port:
Singapore: 1 | [Lord o da rings]
Fiddler's Green: 5 | [scattered mind], [Keeper of Night], [Vracken], [GM DracLord]

But looking at the votes, either the my vote weight only effect the port votes or KoN and Blakers have 1 vote weight combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back