Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I got messed up on the time and thought we had an extra day. Switching, if I'm correct, would hammer. You're sure you'd like me to do that?
We have three minutes. A hammer will make sure no shady business can happen.

You were right when it came to the date, Blakers. We just ended the day prematurely. At least we got a decent lynch out of it.

Only thing that bothers me is that according to you guys, the character itself fits for an indie role. A safe claim's character should not do that. At least in my opinion, otherwise it is not really safe to claim it, isn't it?

Only thing that bothers me is that according to you guys, the character itself fits for an indie role. A safe claim's character should not do that. At least in my opinion, otherwise it is not really safe to claim it, isn't it?
1) My role gives me a bit of reason to doubt the veracity of the claim
2) It's a large role with a neutral seeming purpose. The amount of abilities seems too OP for the town, but it's also a lot of abilities to give to the scum.
I see your reasoning, though. TBH, I still prefer the LC lynch. I just wanted to be sure we had one, and I had confused the deadline (along with some other people).

Night 1
The sun was well on its descent, making its way slowly toward the horizon, but nightfall was still hours off yet when a few members of the crew began calling for blood. Two crewmembers, mordacazir and Little Cherrim, were pushed forward as candidates, but in the end, even a claim as to his true identity did not save mordacazir from being condemned.

"Walk the plank!" called some members of the crew––those who had been most convinced of mordacazir being a member of the East India Company. "Make 'im walk!"

And so it was that mordacazir was the first crewmate to be forced overboard. In his final moments before falling, he called out his true identity:

You’re Tia Dalma, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. You are the goddess Calypso, feared deity of the sea! At least… that was before the first Pirate Lords bound you into a limited human form. Now, a reclusive mystic hiding somewhere in the Caribbean, most of the world doesn’t even know you exist. But you’ll do anything to track down those pieces of eight that are your prison and return to your former glory.

Passive Ability: Burning Incantation
The incantation necessary to release you from your human bonds involves burning the pieces of eight, once they are assembled. If you come into possession of any of the pieces of eight, you will burn them immediately, removing them from the game.

Active Ability: Dark Arts
With your dark powers, you can do things other pirates wouldn’t dream of! Once per Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. If that player is holding an item, it will be passed to you instead of to the intended target (only one will be passed to you, if they hold more than one). You can’t use this Ability on a player you passed an item to in the same Night.

Passive Ability: Dark Shield
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when one piece of eight has been destroyed.

Active Ability: Draw In
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when one piece of eight has been destroyed.

Passive Ability: Storm Warning
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when two pieces of eight have been destroyed.

Active Ability: Returned From the Grave
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when two pieces of eight have been destroyed.

Active Ability: Sudden Reveal
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when three pieces of eight have been destroyed.

Active Ability: Shedding Light
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when three pieces of eight have been destroyed.

Win Condition: All threats to the Motley Crew are eliminated.

Vote Count to Lynch:
TheSceptileMaster: 0 | [scattered mind], [scattered mind]
@mordacazir: 8 [LYNCHED] | [Blakers], [scattered mind], [Keeper of Night], [Lord o da rings], [Cypher333], [simsands], [Lord o da rings], [double o squirtle], [Little Cherrim], [Blakers]
NinjaPenguin: 0 | [mordacazir], [scattered mind], [simsands]
scattered mind: 0 | [simsands]
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | [double o squirtle], [scattered mind]
Keeper of Night: 0 | [NinjaPenguin], [Jadethepokemontrainer]
Cypher333: 0 | [Lord o da rings], [mordacazir]
Lord o da rings: 0 | [Jadethepokemontrainer], [Little Cherrim]
Vom: 1 | [PikaMasterJesi], [mordacazir], [NinjaPenguin]
double o squirtle: 1 | [TheSceptileMaster]
PikaMasterJesi: 1 | [Vom]
Little Cherrim: 3 | [NinjaPenguin], [Blakers], [Jadethepokemontrainer], [mordacazir], [Keeper of Night]

Vote Count for Port:
Port Royal: 0 | [scattered mind], [Jadethepokemontrainer], [mordacazir]
Rumrunner's Isle: 1 | [Lord o da rings], [Blakers]
Tortuga: 7 | [Cypher333], [Vom], [scattered mind], [Blakers], [mordacazir], [Jadethepokemontrainer], [simsands]
Fiddler's Green: 2 | [Keeper of Night], [NinjaPenguin]

"That be ... unfortunate," Gibbs said. He looked troubled, as well he should. The first pirate to die had been true to the end.

"Aye," Jack said. Well, there are still thirteen of us left. There's some hope in that. "Turn in early, lads," he called to the remaining crewmates. "We've got a long first night ahead of us."

"And what be our heading for the night, Jack?" Gibbs asked. "Tortuga?"

"Aye," Jack said again with a devious grin. "Tortuga."

Night 1 has begun. Ye may not speak in-thread until dawn.

Tortuga is in effect. There be no public information to be had about this port.

Night 1 will end on Sunday, April 2, at 8PM PST | 11PM EST, or roughly the timestamp of this post, 47 hours from now, in your own timezone.

There be no modkills for Day 1, but the followin' players need to pick up the activity by Day 2 or risk being subbed out.

@TheSceptileMaster @PikaMasterJesi
Inactivity be defined as the hosts see fit.

That night, things were quiet on board the ship, though not in Tortuga. There was rabble to be roused all night long, and every one of the crewmates meant to make the most of it.

The East India Company, though, was intent on working their dastardly plots. While one of the crew slept off a head of rum, a figure emerged from the shadows of his room, and, wielding a long-bladed dagger, dealt him a wound that would soon prove mortal if unchecked.

Fortunately for the victim, the ship's doctor had chosen him to watch over. Hearing the stifled scream, the doctor ran in and treated him with all the right herbs and poultices. The would-be victim was safe. For the moment.

Day 2
Jack emerged from him room late the next morning, putting on his customary hat. His head throbbed with the aftereffects of last night's rum, but he hoped distantly that none of the crew were much the worse for wear.

In the common room, he took a seat next to his crewmates. On a table sat a scrap of parchment, on which words were written in a spidery hand:

Mord's death be in vain, nothin' we need into dawn of day. Keep pressin' onwards...

Jack shook his head. He looked around at the rest of the crew. All except mordacazir. All of the others were still there. That was good. He knew, though, that one of them would not survive the day. He only hoped it would not be an honest pirate.

Day 2 has begun. Ye may now all speak in-thread. There are 13 of ye, so it be 7 votes to majority-lynch, barring any unf'reseen circumstances.

Additionally, ye may now vote for a port. To cast this type of vote, use @@PORT: XXX. Capitalization may be changed as ye like, but the syntax, includin' bolding, must stay.

On board the Black Pearl, the list of ports was still there. Curiously, the three names at the end––the ones Gibbs said he hadn't put there––still glowed softly green.

Ye may cast yer vote for one of these ports.
  • Tortuga
  • Port Royal
  • Rumrunner's Isle
  • Singapore
  • Isla de Muerta
  • Fiddler's Green
  • World's End
Day 2 will end on Wednesday, April 5, at 8PM PST | 11PM EST, or roughly the timestamp of this post, 94 hours from now, in your own timezone.

Additionally, @TheSceptileMaster has been subbed out, as per their request. We still be confirmin' a replacement.

“If ye make berth at Fiddler’s Green, all the crew will be able to speak aloud during the Night Phase. But … there be something odd about this port. You’re not quite sure what, but it probably do not be dangerous.”

The pirate speak is... Irritating, to say the least.
My ability tells me about a port. It sounds like Fiddler's Green will just allow us to discuss at night like we would during the day. The "something odd" I have no idea bout. @simsands any ideas on that?
Unless it's just a character-specific thing.

The pirate speak is... Irritating, to say the least.
My ability tells me about a port. It sounds like Fiddler's Green will just allow us to discuss at night like we would during the day. The "something odd" I have no idea bout. @simsands any ideas on that?
Unless it's just a character-specific thing.

Afaik, the Fiddler's Green isn't actually mentioned in PoTC. It's just a mythological afterlife sailors told of. There's supposed to be endless music and dancing, but something odd, no clue.

@Jabberwock @bbninjas Is that update confirming the presence of a doctor? If so, that doctor just RNG'd themself into a successful protection.
Sorry for my date confusion yesterday. Don't trust me with dates in the future.
All of my actions were redirected (to people I voted for yesterday; did anyone else have this happen?), and LC is suddenly dangerous. He got this item:
Item: Wooden Eyeball
As long as you hold it, you will return no result when targeted by most investigative Abilities.
It has flavor text, but I'm intentionally removing it, so nobody else can copy it for similar items. This item is bad on town, and dangerous on scum. I don't want to give LC a chance to pass it to a scumbuddy.
##vote: Little Cherrim
@Keeper of Night I was not targeting you, but you got my PM. Can you PM me back during the night?

@Jabberwock @bbninjas Is that update confirming the presence of a doctor? If so, that doctor just RNG'd themself into a successful protection.
All of my actions were redirected (to people I voted for yesterday; did anyone else have this happen?), and LC is suddenly dangerous. He got this item:

It has flavor text, but I'm intentionally removing it, so nobody else can copy it for similar items. This item is bad on town, and dangerous on scum. I don't want to give LC a chance to pass it to a scumbuddy.
@Keeper of Night I was not targeting you, but you got my PM. Can you PM me back during the night?
It could be someone trying to frame Cherrim, because I redirected his ability to TSM, as he wasn't contributing so if anything severe happened, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. And speaking of TSM, I was forced to give my Double Vote item to him. I don't know by who, but he has possession of it right now.

It could be someone trying to frame Cherrim, because I redirected his ability to TSM, as he wasn't contributing so if anything severe happened, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. And speaking of TSM, I was forced to give my Double Vote item to him. I don't know by who, but he has possession of it right now.
I'm pretty sure getting redirected was the effect of Tortuga. Maybe I'm wrong...

This catches my eye. As you know I voted for mord, and he turned out to be town. None of my actions were redirected and got me exactly what I had asked for. However, if your actions were redirected, that only makes me think you were on the right track yesterday.

Well okay that's not an item I enjoy very much. If an item like that gets passed to a scum then it's only gonna make this harder on us. I'm gonna have to say, mord's lynch didn't uncover anything I was hoping to uncover, and LC's lynch would give a good read on NP at least. ##VOTE: Little Cherrim

Similar thing happened to me. Dangerous item to have. Wouldn't want that to get passed to a scum. ##VOTE: Little Cherrim

@Little Cherrim - Now you can finally answer all the questions that you were asked.

Town reads/points:

@Cypher333 - mainly because of this quote:

Well, obvious to you or not, I don't think anyone else followed that thought process. It'd probably be helpful for everyone to explain their thought processes from now on.

@Keeper of Night - Backing off of mordacazir's lynch, which was not something I think he could have planned as scum, looking at the reason he unvoted:

Calypso would have struck me for an indie role. Huh. Problem is he can't prove his role, but the sheer amount of abilities in it pretty much confirm it can't be even a safe-claim for scum. That doesn't rule him out for being indie, (Calypso would be an awesome safe-claim if we had Davy Jones) but for now I'll abstain.

##UNVOTE: mordacazir

Now I'll go ahead and follow my previous post against LC.
##VOTE: Little Cherrim

@NinjaPenguin - He's very active, scumhunting, and was also not voting mordacazir, which doesn't mean. again like Keeper, that he can't be scum, but it still gives him a few townie points.

Scum reads/points:

Nothing at the moment. The morda lynch would have given us a lot to go with today, had he flipped scum. This town flip doesn't give us much at all. At least not for me.

Stop bandwagoning to end the day fast scums.

So both NP and Jade had their actions redirected, and both of them voted for Cherrim. That doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. @Keeper of Night did anything like this happen to you? You are the only other living voter of Cherrim from Day 1, so I have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back