Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to answer, but now I'm just lost.:(

That is why I organized a post with all the quotes that you need to relate to. Just take that post and answer it, and feel free to ignore everything else being posted here, so you can at least answer these quotes. No idea how's that anything but easy to do.

scattered #138 I agree with the sentiment, but I am 100% pro lynching someone inactive over someone who maybe is scum, but doesn't really have any evidence on them. I don't think you are scum atm but this could could easily be read as you protecting one of the inactive players who may be scum

Then why aren't you voting or pushing for an inactive lynch?

First of all- @Jadethepokemontrainer why didn't you answer my first question? Secondly, why didn't you answer my second question?
Another question would be why do you bandwagon and ATE so hard, but I'll let that be put aside for you to answer the first 4 questions you already have not answered yet.

Ye tried to look at Little Cherrim … but suddenly, somethin’ overcame yer brain!

Thought that had to do with the item, but it must have been Tortuga :/ Voted for him because of the item he seemed to have. stupid reason to vote. Really though it was because of the bandwagon. Reason for bandwagon first time playing, getting excited, same stuff I said in previous post.

I really just spent a full hour making this post, didn't I?

I guess there is no reason to hide it, so- it was me.
But looking again at the votes, you voted mord. No one's counterclaimed, so it has to be you, but if you were someone who had voted for mord, then why would they a NK on you? Cover their tracks? Were they trying to divert attention from LC, since "well if we NK someone who voted for mord, we'll leave them in the dark" to try to leave us more scrambled than we already were by day 2, which if this is the train of thought they'd follow, only brings me back to LC.
I don't wish to talk about this. I will if I really have to.
Why?
@Little Cherrim have you played WW before? I'm curious.
He was in last game, Mafia XXXIX, and in my opinion played well. This is quite the change as well, and this would be something to take note of if he's ever targeted in future games.
Does anyone want to say which port should we vote for, at least?
No ones cast a vote on one. Here's this if anyone wants it:
I've watched the films a couple times.. the earlier ones more than the others. I'd say that I'm at least a bit familiar with each of the islands. Lets see,

• Tortuga
A free port where pirates and other thugs gather to drink rum, gather crewmates and deal in illegal business. East India doesn't come here, but the people who do aren't always the nicest people you'd meet...
  • Port Royal
The British colony where the first movie starts. We'll definitely run into the East India company here.
  • Rumrunner's Isle
This is the island where Jack gets stranded. The one where they find a stash of alcohol.
  • Singapore
Don't remember too much about this place, but it's the home of one of the Pirate Lords from the third movie.
  • Isla de Muerta
The treasure island from the first movie. Lots of treasure, but it's cursed.
  • Fiddler's Green
The afterlife.
  • World's End
If you haven't watched the second movie, spoilers.
The place where they go to bring Jack back from Davy Jones Locker.
We've already done Tortuga, but considering it involves the pirates being drunk, maybe not? Looking at them, they all seem to have notable reasons why they wouldn't seem friendly. Port Royal involves the mafia, Rumrunner's Isle involves being stranded (I have no idea how that could positively or negatively affect the town), Tortuga was where we were last night, but it involves drunken pirates, World's End doesn't seem nice either simply from the name. Fiddler's Green, the afterlife, from what Keeper said seems like communicating at night. Isla de Muerta is cursed treasure? Doesn't seem wise to go there. Then, there's Singapore. I don't get any bad vibes from Singapore, but then again I haven't seen the movies so maybe something happens there that's not great. Plus, if a pirate lord lives there, would that positively or negatively affect the town? I have no idea.

Fiddler's Green and Singapore are the ones sticking out to me, but if Fiddler's Green is what Keeper says it is, it could be useful. However I don't know if this is the type of place to visit now. I don't recall anyone mentioning this, but if Fiddler's Green is the afterlife, then it could possibly involve communication with dead players at night. Something like that would be much more useful when more players have been lynched. Singapore doesn't seem to negatively affect us like Tortuga was able to. @@PORT: Singapore. I've really gotta go watch the movies now.

Thought that had to do with the item, but it must have been Tortuga :/ Voted for him because of the item he seemed to have. stupid reason to vote. Really though it was because of the bandwagon. Reason for bandwagon first time playing, getting excited, same stuff I said in previous post.
So Tortuga does seem to have some sort of negative effect on the town because they're too busy drinking?

Oh, just for reference, this is what Keeper said about Fiddler's Green:
My ability tells me about a port. It sounds like Fiddler's Green will just allow us to discuss at night like we would during the day. The "something odd" I have no idea bout.

@@PORT: Fiddler's Green

Talking at night + confirming Keeper didn't lie about the item. Why not?

Oh yeah, ports.

##VOTE: Little Cherrim

If your behavior doesn't match from last game, that's an immediate tell. And unless you can address the points made against you, I'm happy with your lynch.

Then why aren't you voting or pushing for an inactive lynch?

At the time, I wasn't sure who was inactive, I was and still am catching up. TSM was the only one but they have since been replaced.

I already said NP passed me an item. Why he lied about it being a PM I've no idea. Why he needs to be so cryptic about it, I've no idea. But if the item is important to him then he probably isn't scum, just based on what the item is.

NP, if you want to talk about something discretely, never use quotation marks.

I was more referring to the ninja penguin side of things being strange to me rather than your side

Vote: Gm Draclord
I haven't seen you on, and I am interested in a newcomers response, so consider this follow up and pressure to my earlier request

I don't know anything about these places so I am happy going with general consensus on ports

At the time, I wasn't sure who was inactive, I was and still am catching up. TSM was the only one but they have since been replaced.

This is unhelpful. Pressuring inactives, and telling them that you are voting them because you want to pressure them, is useless. The idea that you can do what the hosts themselves do every time they post warnings that these inactives are going to die or being replaced by the gigantic sublist we have in this game, and actually convince inactive players to become more active just because you told them "I am voting you, I have nothing on you and this is only for pressure" when we are less than 24 hours to the end of the day, and there is a clear lynch candidate, is unhelpful for the town at the very least. When you lynch someone over any scummy point you find- you don't earn better chance to hit the nail on scum, but you do earn responses about the point you made. You have something to work with and generate discussion that may lead to other reads on other players. Lynching random inactive doesn't do that. And if you say I'm wrong, explain to me when ever was there in the history of mafia, that a great discussion was created under an inactive case, that is not about the pros and cons of lynching inactives in general.

Sorry , i havent read the post before i was sub in yet, but for now based on the other posts, heres not much things had happened. @Vracken, simply voting me for that reason seems pointless,

@Little Cherrim , based on my experience from last games, at this moment if you dont answer their question, you would be lynch for sure, since no other suspect is viable

If I'm not mistaken, there was a similar issue like LC', where quakinpunch just stopped responding to everyone's posts and got lynched- flipped scum.

Okay I finally got a good amount of time on a computer.
Why are you ignoring all the posts about you? Here are just some of the posts you did not bother giving an answer to:
I'd like to point out that in the last two quotes in that post, which you can find linked to in the quote above, aren't really something you can defend against. They're more so points saying that LC's item is bad on scum, but aside from that, the votes don't really have an apparent reason aside from the item. However, those are still only a couple posts, and there are more directed at him. Cherrim, just because not all of them are questions doesn't mean you can't defend against them. Just read over them and share your opinion. Considering how inactive this game is rn we need all the opinions we can get.
This is unhelpful. Pressuring inactives, and telling them that you are voting them because you want to pressure them, is useless. The idea that you can do what the hosts themselves do every time they post warnings that these inactives are going to die or being replaced by the gigantic sublist we have in this game, and actually convince inactive players to become more active just because you told them "I am voting you, I have nothing on you and this is only for pressure" when we are less than 24 hours to the end of the day, and there is a clear lynch candidate, is unhelpful for the town at the very least. When you lynch someone over any scummy point you find- you don't earn better chance to hit the nail on scum, but you do earn responses about the point you made. You have something to work with and generate discussion that may lead to other reads on other players. Lynching random inactive doesn't do that. And if you say I'm wrong, explain to me when ever was there in the history of mafia, that a great discussion was created under an inactive case, that is not about the pros and cons of lynching inactives in general.
While I do agree with you in the sense that pressuring inactives doesn't really help, I feel that this post is a bit aggressive.
double o #120 I disagree about the not coming up on anyone elses scumdar thing. Sometimes other people miss what you see, or you could see something that isn't there. Really depends on a lot of what is going on. So early into the game, I don't see that explanation as anything other than uneeded, but it isn't harmful in anyway, just something note worthy to me
My point with that was that at the time it read a bit to me like she was trying to see if a wagon would form, but seeing as no one else was voting, she took her vote off.
Admitting that he voted because of the item rather than trying to make some excuse is reading as townie for me.

How about a reads list?

NP - neutral - He's active, but the whole thing about keeper and PMs was a bit weird, and he seems a bit aggressive, though iirc he's played like this as both town and scum so idk.
Vracken - neutral - The pressuring inactives thing is a bit weird, but he is contributing a decent amount.
Simsands - leaning town - I always find it hard to get a good read on him, but that post about the ports helps so he's leaning town.
scattered - town - Considering that this game is really inactive, the fact that he is actively scumhunting reads to me as town.
Cherrim - leaning scum - the fact that he hasn't really responded to any of the posts directed at him is weird, so is him being iirc less active than his last game. However a part of me thinks that he's just a really confused townie atm which is why he isn't a total scum read.
Keeper - town - He's active, and his posts have a decent amount of contribution. Also he shared the info about Fiddler's Green which is helpful.
Lord - leaning town - seems pretty open to sharing opinions and I liked her response to my post about her a while back.
Cypher - leaning scum - His activity seemed to drop a bit after morda got lynched, and even then his posts don't really have a major amount of content.
Vom - leaning town - pretty active and contributing a decent amount.
Jade - leaning town - looks like an excited first time townie.
Drac - neutral - I can never get a good read on drac, and he just subbed in so not much I can really say here...
Blakers - leaning scum - For basically the same reason as Cypher.

I'm not really sure which port I should vote for, if we really can talk at night at Fiddler's Green then I think that'd be great, but the thing about it being odd is giving me second thoughts :/

It will help the scum more than the town (unless Keeper is a scum, in which case it would help the town more than the scum).
He was in last game, Mafia XXXIX, and in my opinion played well. This is quite the change as well, and this would be something to take note of if he's ever targeted in future games.
He played well when he was confirmed town. Until then, he was useless, and never responded to anything directed towards him. His current behavior fits his meta, but he's been scummy this game and his play is hurting town. He needs to be policy lynched to force him this learn. The policy lynch is also good because it removes the dangerous eyeball and it's on a genuinely scummy player.
P.S. We have very little time remaining. Start placing your votes.

How about a reads list?

NP - neutral - He's active, but the whole thing about keeper and PMs was a bit weird, and he seems a bit aggressive, though iirc he's played like this as both town and scum so idk.
Vracken - neutral - The pressuring inactives thing is a bit weird, but he is contributing a decent amount.
Simsands - leaning town - I always find it hard to get a good read on him, but that post about the ports helps so he's leaning town.
scattered - town - Considering that this game is really inactive, the fact that he is actively scumhunting reads to me as town.
Cherrim - leaning scum - the fact that he hasn't really responded to any of the posts directed at him is weird, so is him being iirc less active than his last game. However a part of me thinks that he's just a really confused townie atm which is why he isn't a total scum read.
Keeper - town - He's active, and his posts have a decent amount of contribution. Also he shared the info about Fiddler's Green which is helpful.
Lord - leaning town - seems pretty open to sharing opinions and I liked her response to my post about her a while back.
Cypher - leaning scum - His activity seemed to drop a bit after morda got lynched, and even then his posts don't really have a major amount of content.
Vom - leaning town - pretty active and contributing a decent amount.
Jade - leaning town - looks like an excited first time townie.
Drac - neutral - I can never get a good read on drac, and he just subbed in so not much I can really say here...
Blakers - leaning scum - For basically the same reason as Cypher.

I'm not really sure which port I should vote for, if we really can talk at night at Fiddler's Green then I think that'd be great, but the thing about it being odd is giving me second thoughts :/

I do agree with almost all of these. But Cypher I feel like wasn't really all that active even in Day 1. And most of his posts didn't really strike me as helpful, either. Examples are as follows:
This is only random votes. Seems a bit early to accuse people when nobody has actually found their footing yet.
This reads as very defensive, as that's pretty much what RSV is.
Well, obvious to you or not, I don't think anyone else followed that thought process. It'd probably be helpful for everyone to explain their thought processes from now on.
Most of us do that anyway, it's kinda just common sense.
I personally don't really like the case against LC. Unless I missed something, the main point is that they were lurking. They tried to make a point about Morda, but it wasn't very good. I suppose, to make sure the game moves faster, I'll vote on something that I basically started.
##VOTE: Mordacazir
Trying to take credit for this is actually pretty scummy imo, trying to make it look like you contributed a lot more than you actually did.

I'd put more, but I have to leave and won't be back before the end of the day so I'll just ##VOTE: Little Cherrim and add more when I can.

My vote goes to LC. I just don't want to get it to L-1 in case someone has anything to say by the end of the day.

I might not be online in time for the end of the day. But since theres no major candidate and lc silence, ##Vote: Little Cherrim

@@Port: Fiddler's Green

Day 2 Vote Count #2
Vote Count to Lynch:
@Little Cherrim: 5
| [NinjaPenguin], [Lord o da rings], [Jadethepokemontrainer], [Keeper of Night], [Blakers], [GM DracLord]

LITTLE CHERRIM IS AT L-2!
It still be 7 to lynch.

Vote Count for Port:
Singapore: 1 | [Lord o da rings]
Fiddler's Green: 5 | [scattered mind], [Keeper of Night], [Vracken], [GM DracLord]

Additionally, the followin' players need to pick up the activity or risk being subbed out.
@double o squirtle @Cypher333

@simsands has been subbed out, at their request. We still be confirmin' a replacement.

The Day period has been extended by popular request. Ye have an extra 24 hours beyond the original time––just under 36 hours now.

The followin' vote is not counted because the user has not used hashes:
Vote: Gm Draclord

Who do you think we should lynch tomorrow? There's nobody I find particularly scummy right now (my main suspicions are on people that I think are blending in).
P.S. I'm a bit worried at the lack of defense for LC. I feel like scumbuddies would defend him to some degree. He still deserves to be policy lynched, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back