TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

RE: Delta Nite returns: TCG Reboot planning, competitive players insight app

I got idea for water. Maybe each discarded energy does 20 damage to all of your opponents pokemon? (Excluding weakness and resistance for benched pokemon)

RE: Delta Nite returns: TCG Reboot planning, competitive players insight app

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I got idea for water. Maybe each discarded energy does 20 damage to all of your opponents pokemon? (Excluding weakness and resistance for benched pokemon)
That's too specific for a whole class of cards, but thanks to you I've found what I should make of Water: Bench hitting! Thank you so much! I'll make a Water mon with an Ability like the one you described. Just one feedback post and I already got a nice progress. :D

RE: Delta Nite returns: TCG Reboot planning, competitive players insight appreciated.

I might make a thread for myself after I organize my megaset some more, but that'll be a while later ;)

Fighting type cards are awesome; you can choose to focus on Fighting-types, Ground-types, or Rock-types for your Pokemon.

Fighting-type Pokemon generally are hard-hitters with low HP (so yeah, brute force), Ground-types focus on hitting multiple (or all) Pokemon and interacting with Stadium cards, and Rock-types focus on trapping or flinching Pokemon (ie. no Retreating next turn or "flip a coin and if tails your opponent's attack does nothing"). You've got a wide variety of options when it comes to Fighting cards in the TCG!

RE: Delta Nite returns: TCG Reboot planning, competitive players insight appreciated.

I like the idea of rebooting the Pokémon TCG, count me in. :D I think there should be more "Dual-Type" Pokémon and more archetypes working together, even thought they colors are different. The Gym Leader Pokémon are a nice example for that, or something totally new like my Lavender Project was with the new evolution methods and other interesting twists. In MtG, the clans are something similar like this, or the cards with the dual mana costs (Slitherhead is a good example for that).

Water should be based on the energies: the more energy you have, the more they benefit. Plus energy adds (like limited Rain Dance, Dawn Stadium, and so on).

Fighting should be "berserker": low HP, big hitting, and the more damage counter they have, the more advantage they have (more damage, or they can active specific skills).

Also, how about adding more types? Since it's a reboot, you could add types from the game too. And if you need any help, I can help you.

Fighting should be brute force and does not rely on anything special and the attacks don't do anything besides damage.

Also, are you going to finish your shiny cards first?

Its.... All.... So.... Perfectly.... Balanced.... And.... Beautiful...

Keep going :D

RE: Delta Nite returns: Everyone's gone Shiny.

Delta Nite said:
@bigfootaus: Yay, you're here too jedi! I'm waiting for you to make a thread with your cards for people to see how awesome they are. About the Gensects, I enjoyed the dual type textures, and since I was going to make 5 of them, having that subtle difference was neat, on my mind. But I discontinued that mini-set because all that Genesect overdose made me tired of it.

I updated Scizor. What do you guys think?

srscizorcoacutepia_zps788c290b.png
(old)->
srscizorcoacutepia2_zps556ae91f.png
(new)
I feel my creativity block fading, and with that I wanted to try my hand at making something competitive. I'm planning a reboot set containing 60ish Pokémon with a 3, 2 and 1 stage line for each type. After playing Magic a few times, I wanted to make Pokémon types more relevant to card archetypes and playstyle. Of course those exist in Pokémon, but they're much less relevant there. My intention is to make Pokémon types stick to its characteristics, and having much more sinergy with other cards of the same color. So far, I have come to this

Grass: Healing and Special Condition abuse.
Fire: Discarding Energy on your own field to get some kind of advantage.
Water: Sniping, Bench hitting. Since there won't be any Catchers on this format, this makes for a valid playstyle.
Lightning: Same as Fire, but instead of discarding Energy, the trade is done by damaging your own Pokémon.
Psychic: Energy/Damage counters moving, deck manipulation. What MTG knows as "Control".
Metal: Milling. Hell yeah.
Dark: Discarding cards on your opponent's field, hand. Disruption in general.
Colorless: Supporting? In the games, Normal seems to me as 'non-specialized' typing. I think that should be the approach here.
Dragon: Hoho, this is one of my favorites. Since Dragon doesn't have it's own Energy, has all that mythical background and Energy costs depend on their color/secondary typing, I thought it would be cool to have them be Energy acceleration for their 2 types of Energy requirements.
I'm not sure about Water and Fighting yet. Maybe [F] could focus on brute force? I think that's just to vague... Anyways, I'd really apreciate any insight from competitive players here, and altough I plan on making most of the set, I may need some spoilers. Also, if any card seems overpowered, I'd love feedback on how to make it more balanced.
I plan on starting this project as soon as I come out with my own blanks set.

Nice type analysis...I thought about doing it for Redux but instead decided on doing it per individual Pokémon (ie what each Pokémon is good at). Sometimes goes by type, sometimes not.

@Sheodon: Altough I agree with you on side mechanics, as a reboot, I really wanted to focus on making Typing relevant to playstyle, rather than simple type matchups. In later sets (if I get that far) I'll explore those mechanics for sure! Adding more types is something that I want to explore in the future.

@Reggie: My BW shinies will keep coming!

@MrGatr: *blushes* :)

@CMP: Thanks! I realize that some Pokémon have a kind of 'signature' characteriscs on the TCG, and those may differ from the Type bias. I'll try to make sense out of both!

And now to all of you who have contributed to the discussion so far: Thank you so much! I have chosen the 2 remaining playstyles: One of them, either Water or Fighting, will focus on Energy stacking, while the other one will be Bench hitting. As of now, I'm thinking of making the former Fighting and the latter Water. Do you guys agree? Any other playstyle you would want to see?

I'm making the blanks right now, and I think they're looking sweet! Heavily influenced by Neo cards.

I think you should reverse the Water-Fighting mechanisms: in my opinion, energy stacking fits more to Water, while Bench Hitting, which is something more "brutal", fits Fighting Type more (fits Ground-Type too, with attacks like Earthquake). But it's just my opinion.

Also, I think Dark should do something with the Lost Zone. I don't know why, but that's the first thing I had in my mind when I thought about a unique feature for Dark-Type.

I usually just go by individual Pokémons instead of types, while type generalizations definitely do exist. "What could this Pokémon do? What have they done until now in the TCG?" Some Pokémon always use few energy, some use high counts. Some tend to abuse cool abilities. Some tend to snipe, some tend to heal, ... etc.

Sheodon: The Lost Zone is something for Ghost (Psychic in the TCG) Pokémon.

Teal said:
I usually just go by individual Pokémons instead of types, while type generalizations definitely do exist. "What could this Pokémon do? What have they done until now in the TCG?" Some Pokémon always use few energy, some use high counts. Some tend to abuse cool abilities. Some tend to snipe, some tend to heal, ... etc.
Delta Nite said:
I realize that some Pokémon have a kind of 'signature' characteriscs on the TCG, and those may differ from the Type bias. I'll try to make sense out of both!
And I know this is a late reply but Teal, you make the best text based fakes out there imo. And I'm not even counting the fancy symbols. <3

---

So, the blanks are in progress, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the Stage bars. The project is still going, tough.
I don't want this post to be empty, so here, have a dA dump!
manaphy_crystal_type__e_series__490_649___by_deltablanknite-d52iwer.png
shining_latios_e_series__381s_649___by_deltablanknite-d50zy5l.png
palkia_e_full_art__by_deltablanknite-d559o8c.png

So... Manaphy is the only OP Crystal-type ever I guess. I made it using Neko's Crystal texture.
Shining Latios was my attempt to bring Shiny Pokémon to e-style. I like it a lot.
And who out there remember my e-card Full Arts? Palkia here is the newest one.
blaziken__something_something_blanks__by_deltablanknite-d5rd99m.png
zebstrika__something_something_blank__by_deltablanknite-d5frn5u.png

Not much to say here, other than that Zebstrika card is one of my best works yet.
pokemon_yellow_tribute__pikachu__by_deltablanknite-d53vy9r.png
pokemon_gold_tribute__ho_oh__by_deltablanknite-d4zivsj.png

I started doing tribute cards some time ago.. Had posted just the RGB and BW ones. Pikachu Item text is confusing, I know. But so little space :(
Ho-Oh's spoilers tough are pretty good IMO.
latias_hgss__by_deltablanknite-d57h6m5.png
cipher__s_lugia_ua__by_deltablanknite-d4ypt5o.png

Lugia is from my bad guy cards. Did some (lots, actually) last year.
Latias is a failed experiment. Complete FAIL.
I just made a huge post. Wow.

RE: Delta Nite returns: TCG Reboot planning, Major deviantArt dump!

Not so random update:
UAPLASMASRESHIRAMcoacutepia_zpsf677cbbe.png
UAPLASMASZEKROMcoacutepia_zpsaa2f7186.png
When I started this series (before Plasma Gale was released) I decided that Team Plasma Pokémon would manipulate Special Conditions, hence Zekrom's weird Ability.

Also, Xous artwork is amazing.

RE: Delta Nite returns: TCG Reboot planning, Plasma Dragons.

Wow, that's a really creative idea! Though they look a little bit... unusual in their colours (black and white reversed).

RE: Delta Nite Returns: TCG Reboot planning, Plasma Dragons.

@Lemonnade: I get your point, and I have to agree with it. I think that Black Reshiram looks awesome, however.

---

And now, another update, and this time it is an ex-era Pokémon Star!

Ugh, I haven't faked this era for so long...
garchompstarcoacutepia_zps083682f8.png

You know, my favorite ex card has to be Unseen Forces [link=http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-unseen-forces/111-tyranitar-ex.jpg]Tyranitar ex[/link]. I love how it kinds of tells a story (about Tyrabro getting insane). I tried to go for the same here.
I never really liked Garchomp. But I remember when I first battled this beast. It was the Champion's Cynthia one. Later, I started learning competitive metagames, and discovered that Garchomp had centralized OU around itself. Eventually, the ban hammer came, condemning this poor landshark to the realms of the Uber meta. With the advent of Gen V, Chomp was freed of its chains, and up to this day, it keeps ripping through teams.
Props for using Masakazu Fukuda artwork. Yay for consistance!
Does it really look Shiny? I'm kinda colorblind, so recoloring stuff is not actually my speciality :p

edit: and of course, I forgot set symbol/numbers. *facepalm*

RE: Delta Nite Returns: TCG Reboot planning, GARCHOMP STAR

Very sexy DN. But shouldn't the text be white?

Since the only other type to use white text in BW blanks is Dark, I used it as a guide for this chap. As you can see below:
100-charizard-star-d.jpg
The Pokémon's name, attacks and its descriptions are all black. Remaining text is white :)
Thanks for it tough, if you spot something else that seems wrong, get back to me!

It looks amazing! I love Pokémon STAR! Much better than the 3D "popping out" artwork we see nowadays.

It looks very realistic, despite it not being from a later generation, a type that didn't exist in the TCG during that era, and the use of unofficial symbols. For a moment, you had me thinking that Garchomp was a Gen. III Pokémon.

RE: Zygarde: Zygarde

zygardebcoacutepia_zps5acc3b5e.png
A few months ago I had decided that in my TCG reboot, Dragon cards would accelerate Energy and that Fighting cards damage output would depend on Energy amount. I also always planned Legendary Pokémon to have their own 'Stage' apart from Basic. Zygarde being a dual Dragon/Ground and at the same time a Legendary lead me to pick it as showcase of my work until now. My new name had nothing to do with it. :p

What do you think about this card usefulness? In which format (Base-Rocket, Expedition-Hidden Legends, Next Destinies-On) do you think it would be best used without being overpowered? That's a crucial point for my project.

I love the concept of Legendaries having their own stage. Well thought out (as usual)!

I'm not much help in regards to your question, though. Sorry man.

I'm not 100% sure, but Equilibrium should be the 2nd attack due to its damage cost being higher, shouldn't it? (If going by nintendo's general layouts that is)

As for their content and wether they'll be OP etc, I've no idea there sorry. I just make cards look pretty :D

Back